8.5 stone to go - bit daunting but possible!!

Ok so it seems this could be the start of a downward spiral if i let it as here i am again awake thanks to my baby girl who has already been up for over 1.5 hours so i'm also trying to stay awake lol as she is not showing much signs of giving in! The reason i'm so concerned is we have been so lucky with her sleeping-my son on the other hand was a sleep nightmare-racking up no more than 2 hours a night, i think that was the difference between tackling my weight after 5 weeks and 18 months (in that time i gained nearly 6 stone so i'm keen for my mind to not sucomb to sleep deprivation this time around!) Ultimately i know i control what food goes in but it scares me to think how easy weight piles on and of course i'm concerned that if i fall i wont pick myself back up-but i've come so far in a smallish number of weeks-i made a decision to change to try and safeguard my health for my future and that of my children and i cant let small struggles undo that-in life there will always be times when life doesnt go right and as im going to make this a life change i need to find another way (other than food!) to deal with it!
Apologies for my early morning rambling i just feel writing it down may help keep me focused and i already feel a bit more positive and less tired which as my son will be up within the next hour is probably a good thing lol.
So for today my plan doesnt seen to include sleep but it will include this:
Foodwise-breakfast: 2 x weetabix (heb), semi skimmed milk (hea), 250g cooked apple (heb)
Snack: orange
Lunch: veg and bean soup
Snack: kiwi and an apple
Tea: bolegnese sauce with veg
And some exercise-i had wed and yest off but i dont want to find an excuse to put it off any more days so i will do 45 mins on the bike before the day is up.
Well here goes...fingers crossed :)

Hi, hope things are getting better and your daughter is sleeping better, I know how it feels we had 3 bad days in a row but then 3 better ones, I think it is teething disturbing my little one, my daughter already sleeps better than my son did at this age, it doesn't mean it will be a pattern :)

Thans zafira and jojojojo she is certainly improving bless her! I think it is her teeth too poor girl, it's not nice for them. She does usually sleep so well so it's been a bit of a shock to the system lol thankfully she seems to have settled, until the next time :). Hard work this parenting lark lol but worth every second for those smiles and hugs!
The last few days have been a challenge but I'm going to focus on a some positive things-i managed to fit comfortably into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for at least 4/5 years so as you can imagine I wore them as much as I could haha-tho I'm not getting too attached as I hope they will be unwearable for being too big in a couple of months :).
I bulk cooked a lovely veg and bean soup for the week and also a sp friendly chicken, chick pea and lentil curry for the freezer.
I have managed to stick to the sp without missing carbs or going off the plan-thankfully I double checked kiwi before I ate it on Friday so avoided changing it to an ee day-really surprised how easy I've found it which probably means I'm doing it wrong :)
Now for the exercise-it started so well, Friday I did 60 mins and kettle bells, yesterday I did 45 mins and kettle bells and today, well today has been a disaster! I know I will find it hilarious soon but right now it's a bit too raw-peddling along giving it my all (on a bike I might add that carries a 25 stone weight limit!) and the pedal sheared off-needless to say I am not happy-its not something I can afford to replace-tho I think the oh has sensed my distress and managed to source the part (I hope!) so hopefully all is not lost lol, actually as I type it has made me smile I must have looked a right idiot! On the plus side I have done enough to get my week 2 body magic towards the bronze certificate but will have to think of something else till the part arrives!
Just hope I have done enough to get a result on wed that I will be happy with!
Hope everyone has a good week x

Glad she has settled down for you, I did a stock up of teething powder and Sophie the giraffe - this teething thing is expensive! Hope you can source the part for your bike - that must have been a shock it coming off - good about the jeans very motivating getting into old clothes - I def need to do more exercise, I lost weight but haven't really changed sizes yet, have upped my steps to 10,000 but need to start doing more soon - have a good week and hopefully fitting in the jeans keeps the motivation up x

Teething powder is the greatest invention but I'm always shocked with the price-must have been something I blocked out from last time lol.
I really hope so it would be a shame if it was unfixable, haha yes it was a shock esp as I was doing the 'fast' part of my interval section lol-at least I know I didn't exceed the weight limit (unless sp has really not worked for me :)).
Fingers crossed it does work!
It's so hard thinking of exercises to do-i need a personal trainer to yell at me but sadly the budget doesn't stretch to that-boo! 10000 steps is awesome tho I think I will try and do that!
Have a good week too x

Quick update I lost 3.5lb this week-so pleased esp after my scales showed a sts-they really have to go. 1lb to go for my 4.5 stone but I'll get that next week :)
Finally out of the 40's bmi (only just but so so happy!). It's been a tough week but I'm so glad I stuck with it!
Hope everyone is having a great week :) x

Quick update I lost 3.5lb this week-so pleased esp after my scales showed a sts-they really have to go. 1lb to go for my 4.5 stone but I'll get that next week :) Finally out of the 40's bmi (only just but so so happy!). It's been a tough week but I'm so glad I stuck with it! Hope everyone is having a great week :) x
Well done, really good loss. I have weigh in tomorrow after my gain last week hoping for a loss x

Your not that far off half way which is a amazing achievement :)

Oh yes I hadn't realised that, to be able to say I'm halfway will be awesome especially as it will be the countdown to target-plus in 6lb time I'll have less than 100lb to lose lol still a lot but psychologically seems better :)

My aims for this week are to up the bike exercise (hoping the replacement part arrives and it works!) and add in more muscle work
Foodwise bring on the carbs it's back to ee (woo!) Just need to remember not to have 2 x heb!

Going to set my weight loss goal for this week lower at 1lb as getting that next half stone award will feel fab so feeling positive :) x

So Saturday will be start afresh day grrr! I don't know what has happened since wi but I know it's included my body weight in rubbish food. The most frustrating thing is it's not the first time nor sadly will it be the last that I end up having a crazy 3 day blow out. It's a sad stark reminder that I have not learnt a thing, but the only thing I do know is I have a wi on Wednesday and only 1lb till my next certificate-I have to try to not have my 1st gain and just reach that target.
I wouldn't even want to know how many syns have passed my lips, honestly I'm really ashamed of myself, feel like such an idiot for letting it get the better of me :(
But I do want to change for life and sometimes things like this happen so I can either keep eating and accept the gain I deserve or dig deep and know that I may have messed up half of my week but it didn't end that way!
So I'm going to do what I did Xmas week and have my healthy extras plus soup for lunch and tea-bit boring and I will probably be a food grump lol but it will be worth it to hopefully get the same feeling when I step on the scales as I did then.
Some people may slate paying to get weighed as a waste of money blah blah but if I had no accountability not only would I not have got this far, I would still be gaining weight and I probably would have just written off the whole week.
Heading into the rest of this week cautiously optimistic but nervous!

You're not the only one to have a binge on rubbish food, i've done it this week too, and a bit tonight, and i have weigh-in tomorrow morning!:sigh:
be surprised if i have a maintain (was a lot oh high calorie foods passed my lips!:D)

But like you shall be getting straight back on it tomorrow with a vengeance.....we don't want to undo all our previous hard work do we?
Makes sense....draw a line...carry on back to it....don't fret about what can't be undone!

I seem to do it every few weeks-i think mostly I ignore the cravings and focus but the minute I let my guard down I go a bit mad-would have been within my weekly syns if I'd stopped Thursday lunchtime lol hey ho!

Is it bad to say it was enjoyable tho-hope yours was too :)

That's so true we're doing so well, a little blip can't undo that! I need to take the pressure off a bit-not sure it's helping!

Good luck with your wi today!

Everyone is allowed a slip up every now and again. We have all been and eaten a certain way for so long it can sometimes be hard to retrain the way you think. You are well on your way though as you have a fantastic attitude to the binge. Why let a few days completely ruin your week. I hope you can pull it around hun but don't beat yourself up about it x

Hi michrm :wavey:

I have just just read your weight loss diary so far and just wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic weight loss so far. You are doing so so well and having two young children myself who are terrible sleepers, I know how hard it can be to stay motivated and keep on track.

I am going to start my own diary as you have really inspired me to keep going.

Look forward to seeing you get that 4.5stone award on your next weigh in :D

Thanks Lisa84 that's true and it's not something that happens everyday (thankfully!). It's always when you think you're making progress that you get a little set back! It is a bit of a struggle today but I'm determined that my whole week won't follow suit! You're absolutely right tho I always beat myself up if it's not perfect which then has a worse affect. Just got to take the wi (hopefully minimising any damage!) and crack on with the following week on track :) x

Hi TootyFrooty!

Thanks very much that's really nice to hear :) it's so hard when you see yourself everyday as you don't always see the change like others do!
I do find that the hardest with the little ones, don't get me wrong they are awesome (most of this time) and after doing this for myself they are right up there in the reasons why I decided I had to do something but it is a struggle to fit everything in (as you know :))

That said I have left them with the OH and am currently hiding in the kitchen making my soup take as long as possible to cook lol which better taste better than it smells!

Aww thanks that's fab, I look forward to reading it :)

I really hope so-tho with my scales removed I have no way of knowing the damage, so I'll just give it a shot and find out on Wednesday!

Good luck on your journey :)

Hope your soup turned out nice in the end! What kind of soup was it? I tend to stick to lentil although I did make a pot of chicken noodle the other day. It was gone in a day though with everyone digging in to it. I think I got one bowl before it vanished!!

Oh I do the same, hide anywhere just for 5 minutes of peace and quiet!!! Sometimes I am more than happy to drop my boys off at school/nursery to head to work just to have 8 hours of not hearing muuuummmmyyyyy every 2 seconds :5588:

Talking of work, I'd better get my boys dressed so I can get ready myself for it. I've got to go across the city this morning to get a Hep B booster so that should be fun!! Lol

Hope you have a great day x

It's an interesting soup lol I think it's the smell, I made a broccoli, cauliflower, onion and pea with some spices-it doesn't taste too bad and i add some cold meats but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 6 down and only have 3 more servings before wi-joy! I like the sound of yours much better :)

Haha glad I'm not the only one, sometimes I wish I could have a whole hour to myself but no lol sadly not, I'm almost looking forward to my bike part arriving tomorrow, then I can get some me time (not quite the kind dreams are made of but I'll take what I can get ha!)

I do not miss the city traffic at all though lol-hope you got everywhere on time :)

Hope you're having a good week! x

Back