8.5 stone to go - bit daunting but possible!!

back in the game!!

After a shaky few weeks I am finally back on track and it feels amazing! In 7.5lb time I am officially halfway-something that seemed impossible in Oct much less be so close in February. Once I'm over that hurdle, I think I will feel more able to get to target-just have to remember I've already been able to get that much weight off before :)

Food diary for today:

Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (heb)
Semi skimmed milk (hea)

Lunch:
Veg and bean soup

Tea:
Beef stew
Wholewheat noodles
Veg pack

Snacks:
Apple
Clementine

Exercise:
90 mins workout DVD (I feel in pain already lol)

Aiming for 1lb this week but am going to put in as much effort as I can, would be great to close the gap to my 6 stone and get there soon!

So didn't manage to fit in the exercise yesterday as spent hours is hospital as a relative was taken in-she's fine thank goodness but have an additional 90 mins session to fit in between now and wi day somewhere-I may try and squeeze in two sessions on Sunday-the other DVD is 65 mins so I'm trying to alternate the two. After being up since 5.15 I have a feeling this will be a long old day-yawn!

Food plan for today:

Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (heb)
Semi skimmed milk (hea)

Lunch:
Soup

Tea:
Chicken and chick pea curry
Brown rice
Veg pack

Snacks:
Apple
Clementine
Lean ham slices

Exercise:
90 mins DVD

Is it bed time yet? Lol x

Hi, you do so well with your exercise I couldn't even fit in a 60 min fitness with one child the other day never ins when I had both, enjoyed what I could though x

Thank you :) it's a work in progress-i've tried a couple times when it's just been me and the baby and it always ends in a crying fit (her not me surprisingly lol). I wait till the oh is home and my son is in bed-i have made a workout space in the dining room but at the minute I'm using the front room (feel a bit of a fool but it's nice to get used to the routine before moving to a laptop screen lol). I always have good intentions but the reality is usually somewhat different, just so tired in the evening-i think any exercise must be good no matter how long can be fit in :) x

So not a great start to my exercise week lol still didn't manage to fit it in so now I have two workouts to fit somewhere-sigh! Either that or not do them but i'm not giving up on them just yet! Trying to fit one in whilst lil man naps if this food cooks in time of course!

Not making a soup today as I have enough till Wednesday so thought I'd cook it then so instead I'm doing two meals for the freezer: turkey meatballs in passata and veg sauce and a mild beef chilli-smells delicious. Am going to put the recipe in a separate post just so I remember what I chucked in them lol.

Food diary for today:

Same breakfast and lunch (so adventurous lol)

Tea:
Turkey meatballs and sauce
Wholewheat spaghetti
Veg pack

Snacks
Grapes
Apple
Clementine
Few taster spoons of chilli

Exercise:
Going to try and get both the 90 mins and 65 done today but I'll be happy if I just get 1 in
90 mins DVD completed :)
65 mins DVD done :)

I have a feeling it's going to be a busy weekend and I'm not in the best mood as I feel exhausted, will be happier when I get everything done it's like the list never ends-on the positive I don't feel like reaching for the crisps or chocolate (yet!) so just focusing on the next weigh in x

Last edited:
Beef chilli:
Beef mince
Chopped tomatoes
Minced garlic
Mixed herbs
Tomato puree
Beef stock pot
Onion
Mushroom
Peppers
Red kidney beans
Peas
Mild chilli powder

Turkey meatballs and sauce:
Meatballs:
Turkey mince
Minced garlic
Thinly chopped onion
Thinly chopped mushroom
Pepper
Smoked paprika
Mixer herbs
Worcestershire sauce

Sauce:
Passata
Onion
Mushroom
Minced garlic
Chicken stock pot
Peppers
Mixed herbs
Worcestershire sauce

Another day, another even early start (4.55 zzzzzzzzzz). sorry for boring everyone everyday this week but trying to stay focused and finding writing it down is really helping!

After yesterdays double workout session my whole body feels like it's been run over by a steam roller-except I'm not super thin lol-still no pain no gain right? Ha not feeling that right now!

Another busy day today filled with housework, some bulk cooking for the lil miss-it's great that she's on food but I forgot how much time it takes to prepare everything-not complaining but it was definitely easier when I had just one :).

Food plan for today:

Breakfast and lunch the same as always

Tea:
Roast chicken
Veg pack
Homemade potatoes
Yorkshire pudding (5 syns)
Gravy (1.5)

Snacks:
Apple
Orange
Grapes

Exercise:
Going to aim for both workouts again-i must be mad!

A huge plus is that I got into my next size jeans-a pair I have not worn in 4 years which feels awesome so next weekend it will be sorting through my clothes and getting rid of the bigger sizes-eeekkk nervous but exciting!

Well hope everyone has a great weekend and fab wi's this week :) x

Another day, another even early start (4.55 zzzzzzzzzz). sorry for boring everyone everyday this week but trying to stay focused and finding writing it down is really helping! After yesterdays double workout session my whole body feels like it's been run over by a steam roller-except I'm not super thin lol-still no pain no gain right? Ha not feeling that right now! Another busy day today filled with housework, some bulk cooking for the lil miss-it's great that she's on food but I forgot how much time it takes to prepare everything-not complaining but it was definitely easier when I had just one :). Food plan for today: Breakfast and lunch the same as always Tea: Roast chicken Veg pack Homemade potatoes Yorkshire pudding (5 syns) Gravy (1.5) Snacks: Apple Orange Grapes Exercise: Going to aim for both workouts again-i must be mad! A huge plus is that I got into my next size jeans-a pair I have not worn in 4 years which feels awesome so next weekend it will be sorting through my clothes and getting rid of the bigger sizes-eeekkk nervous but exciting! Well hope everyone has a great weekend and fab wi's this week :) x
Joining you in the early club, sitting with both the kids all breakfast, clothed and ready for the day then realised it is not even 7. Well done on the exercise that is going really well, I have been able to fit into a few of my old clothes and also need a sort out now feels so good as can't see it when I look at myself. 4 years is impressive shows just how far you have come x

Having kids is never any good for a lie in-or sleep through a whole night lol bless them.

Thanks managed a 90 mins session yesterday but then my lovely friend went into labour so we're looking after her lil one, poor lil guy is missing his parents tho so me and the oh are doing shifts! Still they will collect him later today so will try to fit two sessions in-yawn!
I didn't think I would be so excited to get into smaller clothes, possibly went to my head and I thought I was Naomi Campbell for 5 minutes lol. Well done on fitting in your smaller clothes too, I'd say it's as good as the number on the scale :) x

So as I'm up and trying not to fall asleep here's my food plan for the rest of today:

Same breakfast and lunch as always!

Tea:
Beef chilli
Veg pack

Snacks:
Apple
Orange
Slices turkey breast

Exercise:
Going to aim for at least one 65 mins session, maybe two if have time!
65 mins session done

Can't believe it's Monday already, trying to stay off the scales has been a struggle lol-i just want to know if I've done enough for that pesky lb but will try and resist :) x

Last edited:
So it's the day before wi, I'm really excited about it, not just because I could potentially be the greatest loser, move into a new stone bracket and obtain my 5.5 stone award but because we are having an awesome Chinese, which I havent had in ages despite my recent wobbles I stayed away from take out. I've decided that if I do get the gl award then I'm going to have a real treat of house special fried rice and crispy chilli chicken plus some of the oh's ha and if not I will be captain sensible with boiled rice and beef in black bean for 8.5 syns-will still feel like a treat and be delicious. Of course it would be awesome to win but I'm just so proud that I even came close in this time that it really doesn't matter either way :)

I think this week I will be in for a smaller loss as my body shape seems to have changed dramatically this week with the exercise and for me I don't usually get that and a big loss-but all I need is a lb so as long as I get that I will be ecstatic :)

Food plan for today:

Same breakfast and lunch

Tea:
Turkey and veg
Veg pack

Snack:
Apple
Orange

Exercise:
Aiming for the 90 mins one this evening

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :) x

Woo hoo lost 3lb this week so got my 5 1/2 stone certificate and also got a lovely certificate and sash for being our groups greatest loser :) feel absolutely amazing as well as super embarrassed lol. 4.5lb till I'm halfway-it's starting to feel possible!!

My consultant even asked me to think about when I reach target if she could put me forward for the magazine lol but will have a think about that one-reckon I've got plenty of time to think :)

Very positive week so this week I'm aiming for 3lb again but with a couple meals off plan that may be a bit ambitious-we shall see!

Just realised I'm in a new stone bracket-not been here in years and I've lost just over 25% of my weight which feels insane to me!!

Have a great week x

Last edited:
Woo hoo lost 3lb this week so got my 5 1/2 stone certificate and also got a lovely certificate and sash for being our groups greatest loser :) feel absolutely amazing as well as super embarrassed lol. 4.5lb till I'm halfway-it's starting to feel possible!!

My consultant even asked me to think about when I reach target if she could put me forward for the magazine lol but will have a think about that one-reckon I've got plenty of time to think :)

Very positive week so this week I'm aiming for 3lb again but with a couple meals off plan that may be a bit ambitious-we shall see!

Just realised I'm in a new stone bracket-not been here in years and I've lost just over 25% of my weight which feels insane to me!!

Have a great week x

You're doing so well.. Amazing weight loss so far! Well done!! I was just going to ask what you do, do you mix your days up a bit (green, red, EE) or stick to one in particular? I'm only just at the end of my first week but I am planning on staying with EE if that works? as it's the best for me (I love pasta and meat!) I was just wondering if I should limit myself because I know it says unlimited pasta/rice etc. (now I know that doesn't mean eat it by the barrel full but can I have quite large portions? Or should I limit myself?) Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to take up too much of your time, I just can't find the time to get to a group at the minute with work and family commitments - and I have been put off signing up to online only membership!

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.. Keep up the good work! Xx

Wow weldone on the loss hun thats fab!!
Wow in the magazine u will have 2 let us no what u decide xxx

Thank you it was a lil more than I was expecting-tho I'll take it of course ha.

I know it's scary-im not sure I'd be right for the mag-however once I've lost the rest I may feel differently :) xx

You're doing so well.. Amazing weight loss so far! Well done!! I was just going to ask what you do, do you mix your days up a bit (green, red, EE) or stick to one in particular? I'm only just at the end of my first week but I am planning on staying with EE if that works? as it's the best for me (I love pasta and meat!) I was just wondering if I should limit myself because I know it says unlimited pasta/rice etc. (now I know that doesn't mean eat it by the barrel full but can I have quite large portions? Or should I limit myself?) Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to take up too much of your time, I just can't find the time to get to a group at the minute with work and family commitments - and I have been put off signing up to online only membership!

Thank you so much that's so nice to hear :)
Of course I'm more than happy to answer any question, it's no prob :)

Am just flicking in an out today but I'll have some time tomorrow so will write a proper answer then-just didn't want you to think I was ignoring or anything :) xx

Right now the boys have left I have a bit of peace lol bless them!
On a normal day I stick to ee, like you I love my pasta and meat and couldn't imagine going without them lol. Plus because they're meals I really enjoy it really doesn't feel like I'm missing out. Of course there's always the days when I overindulge, depending how bad I may rein it in and have a couple sp days but am much less grumpy on ee.
I struggle with the word 'unlimited' with certain foods like pasta-as someone who can eat it by the mixing bowl full (ashamed to say I have on many a previous occasion before starting here) to give the impression you can eat as much as you want at first glance is a bit mean. Tho I think it all comes down to interpretation of the plan-for me I absolutely limit the amount of pasta etc I have as I think that half the plate needs to be s or p foods so depending what veg I have I will adjust my portion accordingly (ie: if I have sweetcorn I'll have less carbs). People say to me that my portions must be small or isn't it great that you can have such massive portions-for me no it's not lol having massive portions was my biggest problem but I certainly don't have a small tea and am always pleasantly full. I think it helps because I precook and portion off for the freezer that helps me be more sensible with how much I have as I know I could go crazy!
Thing is you have to find something that works for you, I always think that even if something isn't strictly sw-this is my journey and I've got to keep this weight off when I'm done so I have to make it sustainable for me-there are a lot of people in group that have returned several times and I'm not slating them (I couldn't my weight has been up/down more times than I can count but only once ever even close to target) I just don't want to be returning every year-ive paid enough haha. Even my consultant (who is lovely) has gained all her weight back-ive never seen her at target which doesn't fill me with hope, but I'm going to try :).
I also only drink water (and the occasional alcohol binge) but then I don't like tea, coffee, squash etc so that hasn't changed!

Sorry for the long reply lol-i can't see how long it is till I push send on my phone haha.

Good luck with your journey-my first few weeks were trial and error for portion size (too much, too little) but you will find what works for you :)

Hope I've not confused anything and of course it's just my opinion but feel free to ask anything xx

Last edited:
Hi

Just subscribing to your diary - you are very inspirational x

So its the day before wi again, I have absolutely no idea where the time is going but I wish it would slow down a bit!

What a hectic week, it just feels like I've been non stop between the kids, bulk cooking, household stuff and trying to fit exercise around it.

On the plus side I have managed 5 workouts this week since Saturday-aiming for at least one today but will try and fit two in. Was determined to do 2 on Saturday after missing Thursday and Friday so ended up exercising till 11 after doing one after the other-nearly killed me ha. I know 11 isn't exacty late but if the baby allows I like to be in bed earlier-ready for the 5am wake up zzzzz. Still it felt really good doing it and my body is still changing quite quickly-managed to get my next size jeans all the way up-just can't quite do them up-yet!

Also found a site bashing the sw approach and whilst I didn't agree with most of it, just seemed like someone with a big chip, I couldn't help but think that some things he said were true and it made me have a hard look at myself. The thing that struck home the most was wi day-i said to myself in the beginning it would be different, ate my food as normal-then I had a bad couple days so I cut back on wi day to try and compensate-it worked. Then it got out of control-wi day has become a day of breakfast and a piece of fruit or slice of cold meat for lunch, even stopping water after 12 then after wi have a huge binge as I was obv hungry-even as I write this it feels ridiculous-well no more, I do not want to live like this! Could it be the reason I do not have the motivation or drive to exercise on a Thurs or fri, could it be because I'm messing with my metabolism-who knows but it ends now. I realise that with having a day off plan (inc Chinese and dominos-i actually feel no guilt at all, totally worth it) and going back to 3 meals and 2 snacks a day tomorrow I could be in for a small gain but that's fine, my relationship with food on a wi day needs to change and it needs to change this week!

So food is planned for the next week-going to stick to 35-40 syns and rather than binging on rubbish I am going to incorporate them into meals, see if that makes a difference!

Well hope everyone's having a good week-fingers crossed for tomorrow-would be awesome to sts but not going to be disappointed with a small gain :) x

Well no exercise tonight I'm exhausted so opted for a nice relaxing shower instead-bliss!

Last edited:
Hi hun!
Good luck tomorrow...im nervous about weigh in tomorrow i think coz i gained last week i have put alot of pressure on my self this week!
I no what u mean about weigh in day...my friend who i go with has kost 4.5stone and every wednesday after weigh in has a sandwich from the shop across the road and has a take away that night. ASWELL as a take away every saturday night and yet shes still lost so much?! Im generally gutted coz i cnt do that i have a take away and turn it into a bad week i think im too early into my weight loss journey to b startin doin things like that!!
What u have written above as well about portions is something i need to look at...the word unlimited to me is dangerous so i need 2 put back on pots rice pasta and lower my portions on that and fill up on my veg!!

I worry about using all my syns i can have 20 coz of my weight :thumbdown: but dnt feel like i sud use them all??!!!

Anyway goood luck for tomorrow hun
Xxxxx

Back