8 stone to lose, could do with a buddy!

Well its been a funny day! Slept in so no time for breakfast. Quick three hours in work, then came home, caught the cleaning bug and realised at 3pm I hadn't eaten!! So cooked up a cottage pie with quorn mince. I prefer the meat one but the quorn one has so much less fat in it :) The just sweated out 850cals on the exercise bike :)

Hows everyone doing?

Lol oh dear. Well you still gotta enjoy life!! If i know i am gonna be bad i always try to compensate so i will either eat extra healthy for a few days or exercise more

Well its been a tough day and it aint over yet! Been starving hungry aaaaaaaallllllll day no matter what I eat! I have stuck mainly to free and superfree foods, only had 6 syns, but man I could really eat a 12 inch meat feast pizza with garlic sauce right now!!!

Lol make sure you still eat properly!! Birthday today, ripe old age of 27. May have to insulge with pizza and wine. I anticipate a bad result at weigh in lol!!!!

I'd like to buddy up too, please. I also have about 8 stone to lose - first day of Diet Chef today.

Happy Birthday, by the way
:birthday:, I hope you're doing something self-indulgent (without completely ruining the diet!) :D

Hi geordielass. Gannin doon toon :D I live just a little further south! I have had pizza, but besides that I haven't messed up too much :)

Actually, you live just a very little further North, I live just north of Northallerton these days (though I am a true Geordie, born (more or less) within sight of the Tyne) - Darlington is where I go on weekends when I want a bigger variety of shops than Northallerton but can't be bothered with the hour and a half in the car to gan to the Toon!

Well done on not doing worse than the pizza! :D Hope you've had/are having a good birthday. Wish I was 27 again! (Though maybe not, was at my heaviest ever at 27 (21 stone) and a very unhappy person about it... no I'll stick with nearly 33 now I think about it!)

Good point lol.

So what is diet chef? I haven't heard of it before. I'm doing slimming world and praying for a loss this week lol

Ok so i am watching that tv show huge. Drama about the overweight kids at a weight loss camp. its mostly lighthearted but one of the counsellors at camp said something to the kids which i thought was kinda profound and helpful:

These high expectations, whether they come from us or the people in our lives, can be destructive. All anyone should expect of you, all you should expect of yourselves, is that you try your best.

Diet Chef? To be honest, it's calorie counting for when you feel too lazy to do it yourself! :ashamed0005: You order a hamper of food every 5 weeks and you get 3 meals and a snack for every day of that 5 weeks (you can add some fruit and veg yourself). It restricts you to 1200 calories for a woman or 1500 for a man and I have to admit that the main attraction for me is the sheer convenience, but so far so good, I'm quite enjoying the food!:)

These high expectations, whether they come from us or the people in our lives, can be destructive. All anyone should expect of you, all you should expect of yourselves, is that you try your best.

I really like this :) Keeps you grounded and realistic

They are microwavable meals, but they are pretty decent (so far) - better than the average ready meal. It is quite expensive up front (£195 for 5 weeks!) but definitely no more than I would spend on food normally, by the time I do supermarket shopping and buy lunches when I'm at work etc. I take that back - a lot less, since I'm swearing off booze (except special occasions) for the duration!

By the way, aesir, where does the dramatic quote in your signature come from?

Lol tv show called Angel. Spoken by someone who calls herself a God to a God so kinda a strong character :)

I am having a day free from syns on slimming world today after my blowout this weekend. Must get back on track for weigh in tuesday!!!!

Ah, Angel and Buffy were sort-of guilty pleasure programmes when they were on the telly, for me. Though why guilty pleasures, I'm not sure, I would have been a student when Buffy first came on TV, and if you can't watch slightly cult stuff then, when can you?:D

Back