810 meal ideas

Now that is a good idea - will give that a try!!

You are supposed to weigh your protein!

I have always weighed mine on both AAMW and 790.

am i reading it right that you can have 6 quorn sausages on 790 thats in one day? are you sure? if so then bring em on as a veggie they used to be my staple diet anyway!! woooohoooo!!!!

Do a comparison of the Quorn quantities and you will find that it comes to 6.

2 on AAMW and 6 on 790 - which is what I had for the 8 weeks I did 790. losing 2 stones/28lbs in those weeks.

There was a huge debate around this on the 'Pink' forum and to the best of my knowledge we're still waiting on official guidance on how Quorn products other than the pieces or mince fit (or not) into CD. I imagine CD HQ is pretty frantic with conference stuff at the mo, or did I miss the update?

Oooh just have to say that I tried STBG's suggestion:

I had mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese and a tiny bit of chopped chive and a teeny tiny bit of cheese on top .. baked in the oven ... was yummy ... I know what Im having for dinner tomorrow!!

Thanks for the ideas STBG!!

Quorn 'chicken' fillets baked in the oven are yummy!!

Just baked on their own, no sauces or anything - they aren't dry either. My two cats have been very interested in them every time I have had them - so they must smell like real chicken to them!

150g in place of the milk allowance

I buy the under 1% fat plain yoghurt

You can add herbs or spices and use it as a sauce

Had an idea - take the Quorn mince allowance and mix in some mixed herbs and use the yoghurt to bind it all together you could then form patties or sausages and bake them in the oven and, perhaps, have part of a soup made up thicker as a sauce

Or you could add half a pack of soup and mix in with the Quorn mince and make up as patties, bake in the oven on baking paper and serve with the other half of the soup as a sauce!

Am thinking that the leek & potato would be yummy!!

I've been thinking about switching to 790 for a couple of days now, and reading this thread has made me sit here drooling at the thought of eating such yummy sounding meals!

I was curious about the Quorn sausages so i've just looked on the Quorn website and a pack of 6 sausages is 300gs. So with 790 i understand you can have 275g of quorn a day, lets hope i'm right but this would mean that at 50g per quorn sausage you can have 5 1/2 sausages a day!!!!

Oh happy days, this is like music to my ears! Quorn sausage salad anyone????? xx

My Quorn Curry Recipe - YUM!

Oooooh - I'm going to like this 790 lark! I made a Quorn & mushroom curry last night and it was GORGEOUS!!

In case anyone fancies trying my receipe, I used 1/4 teaspoon each of Tumeric, Garam Masala, Cumin and ground coriander, and a little less of chilli powder to give it some fire. I mixed this with a little lo-carb, Lo-salt vegetable stock to make a thin curry sauce to cook the quorn and mushrooms in (baked in the oven for 20 minutes). When cooked, I drained the liquid from the quorn and mushrooms and added a dollop of fat-free yoghurt to make a thicker curry sauce. Pour it over the quorn and mushrooms and serve with a few spinach and watercress leaves - DELICIOUS!!! It was so good I would eat it off diet too.

If you don't like spicy, you can leave out the chilli powder and you'll just have the lovely curry flavour without any heat at all.

You could subsitute the quorn pieces for chicken from your allowance too, if you prefer, but you might have to cook it a bit longer.

Some lovely ideas there - many thanks for that.

Another idea for you.
Thinly slice a courgette (length ways) with a potato peeler
season a chicken breast with black pepper(rub in a few herbs too) and some garlic, wrap it up in the courgette slices - this keeps it nice and moist and keeps the flavour in. Cook in the steamer or in the oven. You can also add a few herbs, depending on what you like. It also works well with fish. I serve this on a bed of mixed veg. from the list.
When I did it with fish, I actually cooked it in the microwave over the veg mixture. Again, it keeps it moist. Depending on which veg you use, you may need to part cook them first, as the fish takes so little time in the micro.

Hello everyone!, I 'm new to C D, started it on sunday, i did ss plus with the skimmed milk version, however i don't really want to keep drinking coffee with milk, (i dont like milk) so today i decided to have 3 shakes and 1 tin of tuna (in water 100 cal) with half small chopped tomato and red onion with lime, was this ok?, and also will these option still let me loose weight fast and allow me to get in to ketosis?, thank you for your help!!!

Back