810 meal ideas

Hi,
Be careful with the onion, tomato and lime. All 3 could knock you out of ketosis. Try and stick to green and white veg. Good Luck.
Tx

Hi everyone and this is my very first post. Could someone please clarify what 790 plan is?

Hi everyone and this is my very first post. Could someone please clarify what 790 plan is?

Hi, Welcome to Minimins. Sorry no one has replied to your 1st post till now. I think the sticky threads tend to get forgotten about. The 790 plan, which has now changed to the 810 plan involves having your 3 shakes/soups each day as well as a small meal of protein and green and white veg. You're also allowed some milk on this plan. Losses are very slightly lower than Sole source at around 12lbs a week on average. Hope this helps. x

can we have sprouts on 790?

xx

Hi, I'm not entirely sure. I think so...I have them sometimes anyway but then I have a lot I shouldn't! I'm 99% sure we're allowed them though. x

hi guys, have just spent the last week doing 810, (or under), as have got so bored of chicken soup and its the only one i like so have been having 2 cd and lovely low carb meal in the evening and still losing i have vitamin pill with main meal and have milk in my tea all day and its working well and suits me fine. not entirely by the book!!!

kebabs

By the way, on night duty everyone orders takaway, and our kebeb house has lovely chicken shish which are cooked plain and come with a gorgeous salad. i use hellmanns fat free mayo as a treat and dont have the pitta. its gorgeous. you can also buy pork kebab skewers which are so low in carbs and fat its unreal. mmmm

Had the chicken and mushroom kebabs last night gorgeous just defrosted the chicken, and stabbed them onto skewers alternating with mushrooms and then put in the George for 5-10 mins, absolutely delish!

Tonight am thinking about doing chicken and broccoli on the wok and then adding she broccoli and stilton soup as a sauce. I hope I like the soup as I got 7 sachets!!

H

Wow, great site, pleased to know about the yoghurt! I've started on 790 and will try to SS as well this week, so a combination of both. It's my first week and SS doesnt really fit into my lifestyle or commitment.

Hoping because I only need to loose a little and doing this plan that I will still have a good first week loss, I would like to have a 5lb loss?? Over 3 weeks I would like to have lost 10lbs or more.

Fingers crossed and tomorrow I'm going to try the yoghurt!!

Bren
X
Plain yoghurt + one sweetener, nutmeg and cinnamon is good

I actually prefer what I am eating now to what I had before (apart from the takeaways obviously:p). So far have had:

Stuffed chicken breast with spinach, finely chopped mushrooms and cottage cheese or natural yoghurt, chickmush soup/sauce.

Chicken with cd chickmush soup/sauce, rocket salad with balsamic vinegar.

Stuffed mushrooms (cottage cheese) with cd mush soup/sauce and rocket salad.

Chicken & cottage cheese, courgette and asparagus salad.

Stuffed marrow with quorn mince, mushrooms and courgettes with cd chickmush soup/sauce or marigold boullion.

Quorn mince dry fried with cabbage, spinach and courgettes with cd leekpot soup/sauce & black pepper or marigold boullion.

Dry fried cabbage, spinach and courgettes add tin of tuna and bit low fat natural yoghurt/fromage frais or really light mayo.

Cod fillet, celeriac or caulliflower mash (made with leek & pot soup/sauce and black pepper or low fat yoghurt/fromage frais).

Large lettuce leaves wrapped round tuna or cottage cheese with thin shredded cucumber really light mayo.

Warm chicken salad - Spray fry or dry fry small pieces of chicken or quorn pieces and sliced button mushrooms, sprinkle some marigold reduced salt boullion as seasoning and balsamic vinegar and reduce. Have on salad or with hot vegetables.

Chicken kebabs - Marinate chicken in low fat natural yoghurt/fromage frais and mixed herbs place in bowl covered in cling film in fridge for 30 mins. Alternatively sprinkle marigold reduced salt boullion as seasoning. Alternate chicken pieces on skewers with button mushrooms and courgettes have with low fat fromage frais.

Yesterday I had a Sunday roast: Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, roasted button mushrooms and celeriac chips. Fab :eatdrink023:

If not using soup as sauces or in cooking am having frozen tetra ice cream or choc bar for pud. :D

I've started having turkey with a v think layer of extra light cream cheese on sometimes topped with sliced mushrooms and then grilled served with veg or salad.

Yours look great katkarg how do you do the celeriac crisps?

Thanks

Helen

Recipes & Meal Ideas

Here is a list that I made for my CDC as she wanted one to give to her other clients (not all of the ideas are originally mine):-

SAVOURY MEAL IDEAS

STUFFED CHICKEN:
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut a pocket in the side of chicken breast. Blanch the spinach in a little boiling water until wilted. Or place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and place in a bowl with some finely chopped mushroom and cottage cheese/yoghurt/fromage frais. Stir to combine. Stuff chicken breast with the mixture. Sear on a hot griddle pan for a few minutes on each side, then transfer to a non-stick baking sheet grill pan. May need to secure with cocktail sticks. Spray lightly with Fry Light and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables or salad and use chicken & mushroom or mushroom soup mixed up with less water as a sauce.

ROAST CHICKEN OR TURKEY and STUFFING DINNER:
Cook your chicken/turkey. Make up sachet of soup to muffin consistency and cook in the nuke as you would a muffin (a little longer if you want the 'stuffing' crispier). Serve with vegetables (broccoli cauliflower roasted button mushrooms), have with celeriac chips or mash and bouillon gravy or use half the soup as stuffing and the other half as sauce.

STUFFED MUSHROOM:
Large flat mushrooms, Remove stalks and chop finely. Spray bottom of mushrooms with fry light and place bottom side up under grill for couple minutes. Remove from grill and place right side up. Fill with cottage cheese, add black pepper, sprinkle with chopped stalks, sprinkle with low fat/carb grated cheese. Then grill or bake in oven until cottage cheese and grated cheese have melted. Serve with rocket salad and drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

STUFFED MARROW:
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut marrow in half lengthways, using metal spoon scoop out seeds. Spray fry light onto foil and place marrow on top. Micro/dry/spray fry quorn mince. In wok/pan fry finely diced mushrooms and courgettes, add the quorn. Pour in small gravy of marigold reduced salt boullion, or small sauce made from CD soup (keep some sauce to pour over after). Place quorn mixture into scooped out marrow. Wrap marrow halves together in foil. Bake for approx 40 mins until tender.

WARM CHICKEN SALAD:
Spray fry or dry fry small pieces of chicken or quorn pieces and sliced button mushrooms, sprinkle some marigold reduced salt boullion as seasoning and balsamic vinegar and reduce. Have on salad or with hot vegetables.

CHICKEN KEBABS:
Marinate chicken in natural yoghurt/fromage frais and mixed herbs place in bowl covered in cling film in fridge for 30 mins. Alternatively sprinkle marigold reduced salt boullion as seasoning. Alternate chicken pieces on skewers with button mushrooms and courgettes. Place under grill turning frequently until cooked. Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 mins before use. Have with low fat fromage frais.

CELERIAC CHIPS:
Peel the celeriac, then cut the celeriac into thumb-thick slices and then into fat chips. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Bring a very large saucepan of water to the boil, throw in the chips and blanch (boil rapidly, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes). Drain the chips. Sprinkle with black pepper, boullion, curry powder or any seasoning of choice and toss until well coated. Spread the chips over baking tray, leaving plenty of space and spray lightly with fry light. Bake for approx 30 minutes. Lovely with really light mayo.

CELERIAC MASH:
Boil chopped celeriac for approx 20 mins, drain, add black pepper/seasoning, mash.

CAULIFLOWER MASH:
Boil cauliflower, drain, add black pepper/seasoning. Make up small boullion gravy or small leek & potato soup/sauce add to cauliflower and mash.

OTHER MEAL IDEAS:

Quorn mince spray light or dry fried with cabbage, spinach and courgettes with black pepper and either leek & potato soup/sauce or small gravy of marigold reduced salt boullion.

Spray light or dry fry cabbage, spinach and courgettes, add tin of tuna and bit natural yoghurt/fromage frais or really llight mayo and mix.

Chicken breast with chicken & mushroom or mushroom soup/sauce, served with salad or hot vegetables.

Chicken or cottage cheese with courgette and asparagus salad in balsamic vinegar.

Large lettuce leaves wrapped round tuna or cottage cheese with thin shredded cucumber and really light mayo or fromage frais.

Steam/Micro cod fillet with celeriac or caulliflower mash (made with leek & pot soup/sauce and black pepper or low fat yoghurt/fromage frais) altenatively have with celeriac chips.

If not using soup as sauces or in cooking have frozen tetra ice cream or choc bar for pud.

theres some great ideas here, im gonna have to get stuck into some cooking for a change! my constant diet is usually toast and tea so my kitchen wont know whats hit it lol.
does anyone have any more good 790 meal ideas?

roll on the next 2 months when i can try some of them meals hahaha

Hi piella.
I have no idea but just wanted to say i am gonna try pretend that these places dont exsist anymore hahaha they are just tooo convenient..i will try make everything from scratch..some one with more experience on what we are allowed mite cum along later ;)

Hi all,

Here are a couple of ideas I have tried and really enjoyed! sorry if they've already been posted as I haven't read all of the thread...

Cauliflower Cheese:

1. Chop up some cauliflower, and some strips of courgettes
2. Boil up the cauliflower until it starts to soften (only takes a few mins)
3. Drain the cauliflower and put both veg into a baking dish (the par-boiled cauliflower and the raw courgette)
4. Mix up the cottage cheese with coriander and a sprinkling of some pepper (becomes strong when cooked so only a little is needed.)
5. Mix a few spoonfuls of the cottage cheese mixture in with the veg
6. Pour the remaining cottage cheese over the top
7. Place in the oven at 200 degrees (fan assisted) for 10minutes
8. Then place under the grill (on full) for a further 5-7 minutes to brown the top

I normally make enough for two days as it still tastes great the next day when reheated in the oven/grill!

When it first comes out of the oven and you take the first spoonful there will be some water (from the cottage cheese I assume) in the bottom, but this just needs to be drained off and then it is fine!

Cheesy Courgette Strips:

1. Slice the courgette into strips longways or little round discs, I tried both!
2. Place the courgette onto a baking tray under the grill for a few minutes on each side to soften slightly (they also taste nice griddled first if you like the chargrilled taste!)
3. Mix up the cottage cheese as above with pepper and coriander or whichever herbs you like
4. Once the courgettes are half cooked place them on the baking tray/foil, spoon the cottage cheese mixture onto them (it does not seem to melt over the sides so it can be piled quite high depending on how cheesy you like things)
5. Place under the grill for about 5minutes or until the cheese starts to brown on top
6. Enjoy!

I made both of the above and found them really tasty, and it was so nice to have a warm meal rather than a salad!

xxx

Last edited:
Hi Everyone...

Another couple i've tried and fallen in love with!! so much so i think i would keep having them even after the diet!

Mock Shepherds Pie:

The base of this is made from quorn mince - which I cook in a frying pan straight from frozen, adding in herbs (normally my usual coriander!) and some coarse ground black pepper, stirring until softened. I then spoon this into the bottom of a baking dish.

The mash is made from brocolli or cauliflower or a mix of both - The veg is boiled until quite soft and then drained and mashed up to form a mock mash potato! I then add herbs and pepper. This is then layered on top of the mince in the baking dish.

I then top the dish with some cottage cheese (again mixed with herbs and pepper) and place under the grill on high until browned.

Mock Chicken Bake: (my new favourite!!)

For the base of this I use the quorn chicken pieces. I brown these in a frying pan mixed with some strips of courgette and using a few sprays of the 1cal spray oil to help it along a bit, this normally takes about 5 minutes. I then spoon this mix into the bottom of a baking dish.

I then make some mash as above (I find it works best with brocolli alone) but yesterday I had a mix of cauliflower and brocolli and it was also very tasty! This is then layered on top of the quorn chicken pieces and courgette in the baking dish.

I then top the dish with some cottage cheese, again mixed with herbs and pepper.

This is then placed in the oven for about 10minutes (180 degrees, fan assisted oven) to make sure the quorn chicken is cooked through.

I then finish this by placing it under the grill until the cottage cheese on top has browned.

I really love this dish, and figure it can work with any different meat/quorn mix as the base and any herbs and spices to flavour. I normally make enough for two days as it still tastes great reheated.

I hope you enjoy them too!

xxx

Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
Ingredients
Garlic - Just a little for taste
broccoli florets
freshly ground black pepper
Yogurt
low salt / fat stock (bolivian)

Method
1. Pour vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets. Add Garlic.
3. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
4. Season to taste, then transfer to a liquidizer, add yougurt. Blend until smooth.
5. Ladle the soup into serving bowls

Simple, easy and could be a nice for a change at lunch time.

Got another idea -

Delighted to find that we can have Quorn sausages!

Have a look at the website www.quorn.co.uk

The lowest carb Quorn sausages are only 3.3g of carb per sausage, the bramley apple are 4.3g of carb, etc.

Apparently we can have SIX of the plain Quorn Sausages, or THREE of the lamb variety.

Just think, sausage and mushrooms, just a pity we can't have the onion aswell!

Had a brainwave - we could use some of a Vegetable Soup pack as a 'gravy'!! That would be delicious!

Is this right??? Are we actually allowed these. Could you imagine, celeriac chips, Sausages and mushrooms!!

Last edited:
Back