875 ml Milk allowance on A Choice!!!!!!

yummywhitewine

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this. If so I apologise for repeating something. However I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relating to this product!
I rejoined slimming world and noticed that you can have 875ml of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk! I've not tried it yet but that's nearly 2 pints of milk. Great for sauces and coffee and still some left over. Also I have been known to split my A choice (oppinions vary on this, however my leader said it's fine!) That means in theory I could have nearly a pint of almond breeze and a couple of laughing cow ultra light cheese!! Buying some today of the milk so will report on what it's likexxx

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this. If so I apologise for repeating something. However I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relating to this product!
I rejoined slimming world and noticed that you can have 875ml of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk! I've not tried it yet but that's nearly 2 pints of milk. Great for sauces and coffee and still some left over. Also I have been known to split my A choice (oppinions vary on this, however my leader said it's fine!) That means in theory I could have nearly a pint of almond breeze and a couple of laughing cow ultra light cheese!! Buying some today of the milk so will report on what it's likexxx

I've noticed a few threads on here about this milk, and that lots of people of strugglin g to get it. In asda earlier I saw Alpro almond milk so thought i'd get some, though I have no idea whether it has the same hex or syn values as the Diamond Almond Breeze. Can you help me please ? :eek:) X

I have the alpro almond milk and it is 450ml for a HE. Just got the hazelnut one to try today.

Oooh ta for letting me know, I made a rice pud last night with a whole carton, which will last for a few days. It certainly goes further than cows milk and tastes a great :)

rice pudding made with it sounds great! I really like it. Could never drink a glass of regular milk but enjoy a glass of this. Hazlenut tastes good too, think it is 400ml for HE. Enjoy your rice pud :)

rice pudding made with it sounds great! I really like it. Could never drink a glass of regular milk but enjoy a glass of this. Hazlenut tastes good too, think it is 400ml for HE. Enjoy your rice pud :)

I don't ever use a full hex of milk so if I make a large rice pud and it lasts days, it makes good use of the leftover milk allowance. plus it's a good ' free filler, on green or EE days. Great for breakfast with some super free fruit, fills you up for ages :)

Maybe ask someone in store to show you where it is? thats if they have any of course. I tend to find they dont put stuff where you would normally expect to find it

I'd love to try this milk. Because I do EE I sometimes like to split my HEA and have abit of milk and abit of cheese.
is the milk nice? I've had the Alpro Soya milk before and I quite like it but don't think you can have as much of it as this one you've mentioned.

is the milk fresh or UHT? It may be on the tea/coffee isle you see if some of you have not found it yet xxx

ok, finally found some at tescos....

My take.. Its a little bit bitter, but feels more milk like than skimmed milk. In coffee it is great, give it a lovely look, and the mild bitterness is unnoticable. Not sure i would put it on cereal though.

I love this milk!! I make my porridge up with it, put my 35g in a bowl with a little of the milk then let it soak for a minute or two. I then cook it in the micro for 3 mins (stay with me please) ha ha. Then I take it out stir it, add more milk, then put it back in micro for another 2 mins. Then let it thicken and add yet more milk. It swells up and thickens, and tastes proper creamy. I just love it. Am yet to try it with rice pud, but that is on my list. :)

Back