Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

a 'b' question peeps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ronniejacobs, 19 December 2009 Social URL.

1. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi guys i am changing what i am having for brekkie as its soooo cold ;) at the moment. having 28g of instant hot oat cereal (morrisons) says in book is a healthy extra but also says you should have a scan bran with it. dont have them and dont like them so do i add more g of oats?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SandraEly

SandraEly Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(33.53%)
    Diet:
    done them all - now going to suceed with LL
    I think they say add scan bran because of the fibre content in quick oats is not as high as regular porridge, I have porridge on some days and for speed in the morning, I weigh it and measure my milk the night before and put the bowl in the fridge - then in the morning 2 -3 mins in the microwave and you have almost instant porridge with more fibre x

4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I agree with Sandra, if you had more porridge it would take the calorie content higher for the same amount of fibre in porridge + scan bran. Why not go for proper oats, it takes only 10 minutes to cook. I use the Waitrose brand with added wheatbran.

Last edited: 20 December 2009
  5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use Scotts Old Fashioned oats and they take just over three minutes in the microwave.

That's not much more time than "instant" oats, and a lot cheaper.

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

The scan bran increases the fibre content in the porridge to make it a B choice. Without it there is not enough to qualify as a B choice.
    I never have the scan though - naughty girl!!

7. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    there are lots of B choices without any fibre eg olive oil,fish & cheese. I think it is more about making sure you are full up so you don't snack in between.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.