1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

a 'b' question peeps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ronniejacobs, 19 December 2009 Social URL.

1. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Well-Known Member

hi guys i am changing what i am having for brekkie as its soooo cold ;) at the moment. having 28g of instant hot oat cereal (morrisons) says in book is a healthy extra but also says you should have a scan bran with it. dont have them and dont like them so do i add more g of oats?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. SandraEly

SandraEly Well-Known Member

I think they say add scan bran because of the fibre content in quick oats is not as high as regular porridge, I have porridge on some days and for speed in the morning, I weigh it and measure my milk the night before and put the bowl in the fridge - then in the morning 2 -3 mins in the microwave and you have almost instant porridge with more fibre x

4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

I agree with Sandra, if you had more porridge it would take the calorie content higher for the same amount of fibre in porridge + scan bran. Why not go for proper oats, it takes only 10 minutes to cook. I use the Waitrose brand with added wheatbran.

Last edited: 20 December 2009
  5. avisk

avisk xx

I use Scotts Old Fashioned oats and they take just over three minutes in the microwave.

That's not much more time than "instant" oats, and a lot cheaper.

6. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

The scan bran increases the fibre content in the porridge to make it a B choice. Without it there is not enough to qualify as a B choice.
    I never have the scan though - naughty girl!!

7. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

there are lots of B choices without any fibre eg olive oil,fish & cheese. I think it is more about making sure you are full up so you don't snack in between.