A Catalogue of Indian Recipes (Bhuna, Jalfrezi, Balti, Madras, Korma and many more)

Bought all the ingredients for your butter chicken curry (my absolute favourite) and printed off the recipe for OH. Going to have it one night this week and can't wait. Takeaway curries are my weakness so your recipes are bliss. Thanks again :D

Bought all the ingredients for your butter chicken curry (my absolute favourite) and printed off the recipe for OH. Going to have it one night this week and can't wait. Takeaway curries are my weakness so your recipes are bliss. Thanks again :D

That's great news ! :p looking forward to seeing some pics. Butter chicken is one of the most famous dishes from India. It is rich and lush in taste. The butter sauce is very versatile and can be used with anything, from various meats to different veggies and is quick and simple to make. Once the sauce is made you can store it in the freezer and use it on a weekday night and throw some veggies in then serve it with rice or salad, makes a delicious quick curry ! The recipe for my Butter Sauce is No.46 on page 12. Happy cooking ! :D

Kay xx

hi there. want to do your chicken tikka massala and wondering what mace is? never heard of it. x

Mace is the outer casing of a nutmeg - a spice in its own right.

hi there.

want to do your chicken tikka massala and wondering what mace is? never heard of it. x

Theria is right, it is the outer casing of a nutmeg, Schwartz sell it :) . Hope you enjoy making the tikka masala, would love to see the pics :D.

Kay xx

untitled74.png

Picked up mace as doing ur tikka masala tonight. I've tried so many variations and nothing are like what I would call a good old masala so hoping I can get it with urs x

Picked up mace as doing ur tikka masala tonight. I've tried so many variations and nothing are like what I would call a good old masala so hoping I can get it with urs x

Hi :p, oh I hope it turns out smashing, would love to see pics on here :), I'm sure your going to love it. Once you've done the chicken tikka masala, try out the chicken madras next, its gorgeous ! Here are some pics from another member on mins that tried it out, she loved it :D .

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

I made the madras! It is LOVELY! Here's a couple of pics (I did some celeriac chips with it to up the superfree a little)

Was really lovely.
Still
Not hitting the really creamy tikka masala im
Used to at the curry houses but really lovely and will def do again thank u xx

Attachments

• image-2215023388.jpg
    image-2215023388.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 225
Was really lovely.
Still
Not hitting the really creamy tikka masala im
Used to at the curry houses but really lovely and will def do again thank u xx

Wow that looks super scrummy ! :) Well done ! The colour has come out lovely . The ones in the restaurant are made with `ghee' which is indian clarified butter, in full fat :D and also they use double cream for the sauce, so that's about 1000 syns to you and me :p. But yes it can be adapted but it won't taste as rich and creamy, for more sauce the options would either be, fat free greek yogurt, quark or philly light for added creaminess and texture. Hope this helps :)

Kay xx

Ah ok thank u. I may add that to the rest as an experiment it was yum and even hubby liked it which means its good lol x

Ah ok thank u. I may add that to the rest as an experiment it was yum and even hubby liked it which means its good lol x

Glad your OH approved too :), really well done to you the dish looks super ! I hope you get a chance to try some of the others in the future, I have most of the popular restaurant ones on here. If ever you have any requests do let me know I will try my best to post them up. :p

Kay xx

Oh my goodness. I haven't had a chance to have a proper look through all of these, but am looking forward to doing it tonight. I popped on minimins looking for a recipe for chicken curry for my Friday night in, and can't believe how brilliant this thread is. Thankyou so much for taking the time to share this with us! You are a S T A R !!! :)

hi kay. found your psge. will have a good read through xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh my goodness. I haven't had a chance to have a proper look through all of these, but am looking forward to doing it tonight. I popped on minimins looking for a recipe for chicken curry for my Friday night in, and can't believe how brilliant this thread is. Thankyou so much for taking the time to share this with us! You are a S T A R !!! :)

Your welcome hun :p Glad your enjoying my recipes. I hope you enjoy making them and eating them even more ! :D Any questions about the recipes, please feel free to ask, I will do my best to post back quickly . :)

Kay xx

hi kay. found your psge. will have a good read through xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay ! You found my recipe thread too :p . Hope you enjoy going through the recipes, I've got the most popular Indian dishes on there. If you have any other requests, do let me know and I'll do my best to pop them on :D .

Kay xx

Thank you so much for these recipes - I made your chickpea curry for dinner and it was delicious!

Thank you so much for these recipes - I made your chickpea curry for dinner and it was delicious!

Your most welcome hun :). I love the chickpea curry too, it's one of my fav's . I hope you enjoy looking through some of the other recipes. If you have any special requests do let me know I will try my best to post them up. :p

Kay xx

Back