A curious question

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Cookeh, 23 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Cookeh

Cookeh Recovering Cookie Addict

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(36.22%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Exante
    Hi folks

I don't know if any of you know the answer to this, and I'll be calling LT on Monday (if I remember lol) to find out, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm due for an MRI brain scan with injected contrast medium and I was wondering if whatever is in the injection contains glucose and if it will knock me out of ketosis. Because I can tell you this, I'm gonna be sooooo annoyed if it does after the struggle I've had getting back on track recently >.<

Anyway, if anyone has been for MRI/CT with contrast and been on LT at the same time I'd be very interested to hear about your experience.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi hun, yes I have, (more than once) and it didn't seem to make any difference to me, I think its only a type of iodine substance type thing that makes it easier for them to see what is happening inside

4. fragglerock64

fragglerock64 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(15.08%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    sorry hun cant help but I hope everythings ok

xx

5. Heero_Luva

Heero_Luva Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(15.49%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    I know this may sound silly, but if its for your health. Does it matter? If you did get knocked out of it, if your truly determined, you will get back into it in no time!

We all have faith in you and know that whatever happens you will get through it!

Hope all goes well. xx

6. Cookeh

Cookeh Recovering Cookie Addict

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(36.22%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Exante
    Thanks for the support and yes I'm fine, it's just a diagnostic to rule something out.

Heero - yes, it does matter. I really truly struggled to get back on track this time and I can honestly say if it happened again I don't think I'd be able to get back on it because I went through hell with my appetite for some reason.

Anyway, from the research I've done there doesn't appear to be any glucose in the injection so that's good. Now only worry is whether or not they'll struggle to find a vein like they usually do =/

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.