A curious question

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi folks

I don't know if any of you know the answer to this, and I'll be calling LT on Monday (if I remember lol) to find out, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm due for an MRI brain scan with injected contrast medium and I was wondering if whatever is in the injection contains glucose and if it will knock me out of ketosis. Because I can tell you this, I'm gonna be sooooo annoyed if it does after the struggle I've had getting back on track recently >.<

Anyway, if anyone has been for MRI/CT with contrast and been on LT at the same time I'd be very interested to hear about your experience.

Hi hun, yes I have, (more than once) and it didn't seem to make any difference to me, I think its only a type of iodine substance type thing that makes it easier for them to see what is happening inside

sorry hun cant help but I hope everythings ok

xx

I know this may sound silly, but if its for your health. Does it matter? If you did get knocked out of it, if your truly determined, you will get back into it in no time!

We all have faith in you and know that whatever happens you will get through it!

Hope all goes well. xx

Thanks for the support and yes I'm fine, it's just a diagnostic to rule something out.

Heero - yes, it does matter. I really truly struggled to get back on track this time and I can honestly say if it happened again I don't think I'd be able to get back on it because I went through hell with my appetite for some reason.

Anyway, from the research I've done there doesn't appear to be any glucose in the injection so that's good. Now only worry is whether or not they'll struggle to find a vein like they usually do =/

Back