A day in the life of *Saski* - Woohoo! What a good'un! :)

*Saski*

Up for the challenge
Hey everyone! :wavey:

I hope you all had a lovely weekend despite the not so lovely weather.

I thought that I would start a diary as i have been reading some other members' diaries and they are fab. Unfortunately i cannot promise that mine will also be fab but I will do my best.

Okay so where to start. Well my name is Sarah and I am 22. I have just graduated in English Literature and Drama which i absolutely loved even though it's not looking like it will be that useful in the real world *sigh*

I have always had problems with my weight ever since I was little, or not so little as the case may be. I have always been really competitive and I think that's where the problem started. I have an older brother and wanted to prove that I could be the same as him. So of course if he was eating something i had to be too. Trouble is is that my brother is 4 years older than i am and obviously can therefore eat a lot more than me without gaining weight. I had no such luck. My main problem has always been portion control as generally i eat fairly heathily and I'm lucky that I really like fruit and veg. So I'm finding WW a great way of re-educating myself.

I also play/played a lot of sport which i love and am fairly decent at although I'm sure I would be a lot better if there wasn't quite so much of me to run around a tennis or Korfball court. However I had a car accident in October where I was crossing a zebra crossing and got hit by a car and i cracked my hip and wasn't allowed to/ still am not meant play any sport till end of June. I do a bit now and then but not to the level I'm used to and as a result have gained a lot of weight in that time. From playing sport 4 times and week to barely nothing. Oh well c'est la vie at least I was okay in the main. I am getting a lot stronger and i am hoping to start swimming in early July and should have my pedometer by next week so that'll help too hopefully.

So anyway enough ramblings. Today I had my first WI as a member of this excellent community and it wasn't quite what I was hoping for but i did still lose a pound. So as long as it is coming off I'm happy, even if it is a little slowly. After all it's taken me a long long time to put this weight on so of course it's going to take time to get rid of it.

I'm so glad I have found minimins and already feel like I have made some very good friends and hope to make many more. :grouphugg:

You guys are so inspirational and so supportive. I wish you all the luck in the world with your weight losses and if anyone wants a chat or anything you know where to find me.

*Saski* xxx

Hi Saski,

didn,t realise you had started diary and have posted on your other link, anyhoo well done you :D

hiya *saski*

good luck with your WW journey

look forward to reading more of your diary in the coming weeks.

x

Hi

Just popping in to say hello on your new diary.

And to ask what is Korfball???

Twigs
xx

Awww thanks mommyb :) I will try and make it interesting for you! tehe.

Hey Jo no problem my love thanks for the congrats twice tehe. I will probably still flit between the two posts for the time being :)

Hey GD thanks very much :) Yeh it wasn't ideal but I was sooo lucky! If i'd have hit my head on the way down i would have been in a really bad way. Although i must say it wasn't something i was expecting to happen on a zebra crossing. Nevermind i'm almost back to my 'normal' self.

Hey lucysmommy thank you very much. Hope things are going well with you too.

Thank you all for your support and good luck to you all too. xxx

P.S 50 posts now! Woop!

Hi

Just popping in to say hello on your new diary.

And to ask what is Korfball???

Twigs
xx

Hey Twigs thanks very much for your hello. Tehe i thought that might get asked. Korfball is a cross between netball and basketball and is a mixed sport. The basket is 12ft high as apposed to basketball's 8ft and netballs 10ft. It's really good fun actually i started to play at Uni. It a lot of running around though, which sometimes seems a little too much like hard work. It's the sort of game that only becomes clear when you watch it. :D xx

Just thought i'd put an update of what I've had so far today. I had a bit of a lay in this morning so all of my meals have been pushed back a bit so i think i may struggle to be on track with points today... we shall see.

Breakfast - boiled egg (2) toast (2.5)
Snack - sugar free jelly (0)
Lunch (about 2 hours ago - opps) - chicken pasta meal (5.5) salad (0) and 3 ryvitas (1.5)

Total so far 11.5/27 *sigh*

nothing wrong with a pound
but I know its ONLY a pound when we loose it and it is HUGE if we gain it - but its gone now and better off than on

welcome to diary land - its a great place :)

korfball sounds really good :D i've never really been friends with anyone who was into sport and was always too afraid to go to anything on my own.. plus i really sucked at netball / sports in general at school so would be really self conscious about how naff i was!

your food diary sounds nice.. i love egg and toast.. i still make myself soldiers for dippy eggs :D x

Ouch that sounds painful! Glad it is nearly better for you. Did anything happen to the person who hit you? I hope they stopped!!!
lol when I'm off work, I often end up missing a meal due to lie ins so I'm quite jealous you had one today :p

Yeh well i am fairly accident prone but hopefully that's me done for a while. No nothing really happened with the driver to be honest but they did get out of the car to see if i was ok. But being my usually silly self i got straight back up and said 'i've got to go i'm late for a volleyball match.' *sigh* when will i learn. It wasn't until the adrenaline wore off that i realised i was in a pretty bad way. Thank you for your concern.

I'm still in student mode i'm afraid so most days i tend to have a decent lie in :p sadly not for much longer as i must go into the wonderful world of work from monday. That's going to be a shock to the system and you won't have any reason to be jealous then tehe. I hope you had a nice evening. xx

Hey Sharon and Aaleigha

Thank you so much for your posts. Well done on both of your weight losses so far. You are doing really well. :) You are absolutely right how our opinion of 1lb changes depending on which way it goes. Tehe. Like you say right direction. Hope you had a nice evening ladies xx

Hello and welcome to the ww section.:)
You will be addicted in no time at all.
Good luck with your weightloss journey :)

korfball sounds really good :D i've never really been friends with anyone who was into sport and was always too afraid to go to anything on my own.. plus i really sucked at netball / sports in general at school so would be really self conscious about how naff i was!

your food diary sounds nice.. i love egg and toast.. i still make myself soldiers for dippy eggs :D x

Korfball is an awesome sport. It's a shame you don't live near me m'dear i'd happily take you along to a training session. I love dippy eggs and soldiers that's what I had. How was your evening mdear? xx

Hey Fuzzy thanks for the welcome. I think i need to be getting involved in some of those push ups i doubt i could even do a girlie one at the moment. Tehe. Well done on your brillo weight loss so far. xx

Okay so final points for day one of diary.

Breakfast - boiled egg (2) toast (2.5)
Snack - sugar free jelly (0)
Lunch (about 2 hours ago - opps) - chicken pasta meal (5.5) salad (0) and 3 ryvitas (1.5)
Snack - WW Slice (1), Mikados? - (3)
Dinner - Jacket potato with beans and the tiniest amount of cheese in the world (5.5) salad (0) SF Jelly (0) WW Yoghurt (1) WW slice (1)

Total 23/27 (4 saved)

Not too bad really and i think i made relatively healthy choices. We shall see how i fair tomorrow. Night night you lovely people xxx

Hey you! I've just found your diary! Woop woop!

I'm thinking I should stay away from zebra crossings as you are now the second person I know that's been hit by a car while crossing them! Jeez! So glad you're ok tho!

You've done so so well today and I bet you have a fab weight loss this week.

Good luck for tomo and I'll look forward to reading your diary, (always think that sounds a bit wrong he he he!)

Night night xx

Back