A Defector!!! Well maybe

sailor_Jack

Gonna be slim again
Hi guys
Im currently on LT and im starting week 8 having lost 2.5 stone already. I have heard that the shakes and bars on CD are a lot better than ours. I have a few questions if you dont mind?
What flavours do you get are and there any horrible ones?
What are the bars like?
Are there any restrictions getting down to a BMI of 23?
Has anyone done both CD and LT and which is better?
Regards
Jack

product list is above in a sticky, would be easier to read that then me forget half the flavours

The bars are lovely well to be honest toooooooo lovely i dont get them anymore coz they tempt me to much.lol

Personnally i like, toffee and walnut made hot, choc mint (hot), banana(hot) and choc tetras (readymade) oh yes and chicken and mush soup, these are my faves at the moment.

I think you can ss until bmi 25 +1st which i think is around the 17bmi mark , then you should start working up the plans.

I dont think I hate any of the shakes or bars but admit Im not keen on the soups apart from the above, and ive not tried the porridge yet.

Thats an awlful lot of choice! Thanks for the info. I'll read the sticky, i scanned thru quickly but must have over looked.
Liberty i'll PM you for a chat (you can be my CD buddy ;-)

I don't know anything about the other diet, but I think the fact that you have choice on the CD makes it easier to stick to....I know I would get bored if I had the same old thing day in day out.
I do like the bars but haven't had any for a while as I am happy enough without them, if that makes sense?
I like the choc and strawberry tetras (read made shakes). Find these very convenient as I am often on the run!
I like choc mint, choc, fruits of the forest, strawberry, vanilla. I make them with a hand blender and add ice. The end result is a good thick shake (a bit like Mcd's shakes!)
I also like the Bouillon that you can have, this satisfys my savoury crave. For some reason I just don't fancy any of the soups although my friend (Angel155) assures me they are lovely.
How about trying it for a couple of weeks and seeing how you get on? That's the only way you'll be able to make an informed decision. Everyone has different tastes so try everything and make your mind up then.

Thanks ladies, i think i will defo try it for a month at least just to compare at least. It is quite boring with the shakes available for LT and i only like Choc and the Chicken soup, which as you can imagine after 7 weeks does your nut in! I fancy having some porridge for breakfast for a change. Anyone know what its like?

I got a free sample of the porridge, but I haven't tried it yet, my CDC said it was a marmite kind of reaction (you love it or you hate it) I've seen a poll on this forum about it, there has been some discussion, worth a whirl :D

Thanks LG Ill have a look. Email me when you try it so i know what your opinion is :)

the shakes (if you close your eyes) are like Mcdonalds i like strawberry, vanilla and choc, the bars i like the peanut ones the best (again close your eyes your eating a snicker) strangley i love having a peanut bar with a cup of black coffee, porridge is my fav its really nice and creamy its all a matter of what you like, i have tried the soups and hate every one of them just nasty but others enjoy, the best idea is if you do go the cd way is get a sachet of each and write down your favs for re ordering good luck and well done so far x

I have had the porridge. It was ok, I wasn't hating it but neither was I loving it. It was certainly edible, and nice to be eating something warm for brekkie, I am deffo a porridge kind of gal. My CDC said to try a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg on it. She also said that some folk have mentioned mixing in a spoonful of a shake powder into it for taste.

Hi jack, I havent done LL but think we have loads of choice on CD... You have got fab losses by the way... well done....
I love the porridge but the first time I tasted it I thought it wa like wallpaper paste... I make it up with more than the recommended water and I now find it delicious. Some folks add a little choc shake powder to it to make like a choc ready brek, I have tried that too and it's yummy....
Good luck with the rest of your journey.
xx

Thanks for the info and the lovely comments.....You girls just wanna see me in my Sexy sailor suit dont ya?;):D

Thanks for the info and the lovely comments.....You girls just wanna see me in my Sexy sailor suit dont ya?;):D
Have to say, as an Army wife, I prefer the combat look ;)

Have to say, as an Army wife, I prefer the combat look ;)

hahaah lmao!

any of you tell another possible 'defector' how the 810 works? my bmi is too low :D:D:D to start SS as i've lost loads on LT.

can I eat veg and salad? when can you have fruit?

thanks.

ps - LT guys, if we all move over then the forum will go nuts on here with us lot :D ;) we'll create a right muck, they haven't seem our colourful posts yet lol!

810 is 3 shakes a day plus a protein meal, plus skimmed milk (it's in the yellow booklet how much milk it is, I think it's 12 fl oz.)

No fruit on 810!

Veg/salad is your protein meal - so you could have chicken and veg, or you could have chicken salad (or split it into two and have both) you get the drift.

HTH :)

x

thanks, can you get these booklets online?

milk!!! Tea again!!!! can only drink coffee without milk, TEA!!!!

:D

sorry cant help with 810 hun still ss-ing myself.xx

Unfortunately you can't get the booklets online (wish you could, it would be pretty useful!).

You should try making shakes with milk instead of water, I love the chocolate one made with milk :D

x

Especially for you...I tried the porridge again for my 'tea' and it was ok!! I mixed the sachet with some tap warm water in my little funky shaker thingy, then put in a bowl and zapped in the microwave. Added a weensy bit too much water (160mls) and it was rather runny but I did manage to finish the bowlful and am currently feeling warm and toasty in my (shrinking) tummy!

Back