A diary of a slimming world consultant

I only have about 8 current members lol. And staff rooms and car windows don't count. It's very annoying it literally has to be facing out to the general public at all times. I luckily got the gym to agree to let me set up twice in their busy period promoting so I'm hoping to do well there x

My lap top still hadn't arrive today even tho the old consultant released the group to me I needed the laptop. The depot said it was marked as "missing" and it wouldn't b here til Atleast Thursday. So I got in my car and drove 25 mins down the a40 into park royal London and waiting there until they found it. I'm home now with the lap top finally ready to do my work

That's dedication for you Rosie, well done, thats why you'll be a fab consultant.

Hopefully you can enjoy Christmas now and relax a bit until your re-launch night, have a wonderful Christmas xx

Wow, that's wonderful of you to go down there and get it! A great example of your determination and passion :)

I have just turnt the laptop off. Xmas eve and Working at ten messaging lapsed and current members and watching the new members talk on our world. No rest for the wicked lol x

Hi Rosie, I opened my new group as a consultant in September. Get your A frame in a good position- near a supermarket or post office or newsagents - if you are struggling to get posters out. Get a cheap bike lock - mine got moved by some kids while I was in my venue- and chain it to a post. Have you managed to get your banner up? Set up your own facebook page and use the media prong. Wear a Slimming World Tshirt, and carry a SW shopping bag with your group details on every where you go. Have you got a group advert going in the local paper? Find out from your TD. Hairdressers are good places to leave your magazines - don't worry about them being in a bag, just stickers with group details inside, and some leaflets on display. Any wedding shops nearby? Leave some leaflets with them. New year is a great time to start, with all the NYResolutions, but get your group noticed, other wise you are straight back out doing the promotion from start to finish, and chasing your heels for 6 weeks getting those 25 new members. Hope that helps

Look where other shops have their A frames - they are everywhere. Some shops are happy to put it out for you. So far i haven't got into trouble for chaining it, and a lot of people do chain their A frames, especially in the middle of town. If your banner is up, your A frame is out, and your advert is in you are being noticed. What do you say to shop keepers when asking about putting up your posters? Shops which already have other posters are the ones to go for. Cafes, greengrocers and butchers are usually ok. Also, the micro site on the Slimming World website - where potential members type in post code - you can write about yourself - go through ourworld if you haven't already. Good luck1 x

Merry Christmas. Xx

Think of all the body magic Rosie lol - seriously though I dont envy you delivering all those, but you are so determined and dedicated I just know it will go well for you. Good luck x

Been out since 8 this morning and managed to deliver 300 leaflets. 2600 more to go :-(

Keep going! The next one through a letterbox could be a new member for you :)

This is the bit I'm dreading but I'm going to just grin an bear it, my first leafleting is 15th Jan, I'm just praying for dry weather!

Total today was 800 leaflets. Thanks to a couple of helpers. Gruelling job I tell ya!!

Arrrggghhhl lol, well done you :) :)

I'm struggling to get helpers, my friends and family are 100 miles away as we moved house but a couple have offered to come up and do a stint with me. I just had a call from Head Office and have got my consultant code so exams are looming!

Just took my first online exam today, did food optimising. Got 87/100 grrrrr :( so close but not quite enough to pass, will have to re-take. I'm still pleased with that for my first attempt though.

Phew passed (just) got 96 lol wouldn't let it beat me!! I think there are definitely some questions to catch you out and ones to make you think really hard too!

After answering that lot our passes are well and truly deserved I think!

Not long to go now Rosie, I will be keeping everything crossed for you on your first night and hope all your hard work pays off xx

We r going leafleting sunday with our consultant .. Nice to all
Meet up n get in the body magic .. Good luck tomorrow xx I've seen tables I. Our local supermarkets gettin lots of interest as people r thinking bout food etc xx

Back