A diary of a slimming world consultant

Ive seen WW do a stall in Asda near me Rosie so i dont see why not - they just set up at the bottom of the entrance escalators to catch everyone coming into the store

I would defiantly ask .. U can always say u will put stuff on your display that they stock if it will get them to say yes x

wow hun your journey to become a consultant sounds very exciting! i would never have the confidence to do it, i hate talking in front of a large group of people... i swear i develop a speech impedemant!
the asda near me allow a local SW consultant to have an information stall a few times a year and she takes freebies and recipes etc for people to take, i think she got quite a few people that way.
this may be a little different but i manage a sure start children's centre and we put posters up and do leaflet drops etc and when people come we do a little bit of survey asking how people heard about the events, it just helps us to plan future publicity. so if the majority say that they heard about the event from posters in shops we would put more resources into that next time and do less leaflet drops for example. i dont know if you would be able to do that but its good for us as we have limited time and need to make the make the most of it.
Cant wait to hear how your first session goes... good luck xx

Hi hun - my local supermarket had the leaflets with the free first class offer on it at the bottom of all the checkouts when our local group opened. And the consultant put one inside each of the local free newspapers as well.

Oh chin up hun. You've come so far already and your hard work WILL pay off. You'll make an excellent Consultant. I've really enjoyed reading your diary x

No one will take poster. The ones that did havnt kept them up. Set up a promotional stall in a gym and all the classes were cancelled so hardly any people in. Had to go pick up visuals from my team developer and the main road was shut so took me hours. Had my lap top stolen from the car and had to pay 250 to get window fixed. Then new laptop went missing in the mail depot so I had to drive all way down there to make them find it on Xmas eve. Everything seems to b going wrong. Maybe it's not meant to be!

What about mother and baby groups?

Lots are held in churches etc... and as they are not for profit organizations they will be more likely to allow you to put a poster on the noticeboard

Do a quick search of mother and baby groups in your local area - most have a contact number - can always give them a ring and ask before hand if you wanted to

Nee mothers are always a great target group

Do you have sure start children's centres where you live? If you were near me I would let you come into my centre to give out leaflets and stuff... i even offered a consultant free room hire in exchange for a donation of a bag of fruit for the children's snacks. Children's centres do loads of mother and toddler groups.
The children go back to school soon, go to school yards in the mornings if you can. I'm sure you will get new people from the schools.

dont give up hun, you have been doing so well and despite the incident with your car you have carried on! you can do it xx

Only you know if you want to carry on hun but you have come so far already and have ploughed on despite set backs.

What about adverts in local paper, leisure centres and places with a healthy focus like health food shops, GP surgeries, chemist etc...

Independant shops like newsagents, greengrocers...would be easier to get to put posters up as opposed to big companies where you would have to go through HO.

Public loo noticeboards in places like bus/train stations? Lots have those advertising boards on the back of the loo door to catch your attention

..stil thinking...

There Are so many rules regarding postering on public places like lamp posts and bus stops we would get fined. I can't give up I've paid out so much money I have to carry on. I have a full time job aswell so going to school when parents are dropping off kids and picking them up is impossible :( thanks for the ideas tho guys xx

Do any of the schools/colleges in the area do evening classes like Zumba etc - maybe grab peoples interest going into a class. Would your workplace allow you to maybe put out a stall on your lunch hour? I dont know what type of environment you work in?

what about doing a talk/promo at the WI? And here the local parish magazine is actually well circulated & the priest reads out community news after mass on Sunday. Could you blag some radio time - offer a 6 week countdown as a prize to local radio station, get on there and tell your story.

Also the kids playcentres - there are always women in them and never anything to do/read usually - having a mag in there and a poster would get them seen. And perhaps leaflets on the counters - two we go to have a designated poster and leaflet area.
Or like someone said - back of toilet doors but I'd try and get a few pubs to allow me to do it rather than public loos.

Back