A diary of a slimming world consultant

Yeah about 2 hours away! You really have got quite a trek to head office! I thought I had a big journey, I'm sure somebody will come along in that time, hopefully!

Yeah the Premier Inn doesn't look too badly priced anyway so hopefully get on there, just wish I could hear back about if I've got an interview or not. Had to cancel works Christmas doo as it clashes with training dates and I didn't want to take the risk, so fingers crossed it'll all pay off shortly ?

Do any of you guys currently have another job?

aww hope you hear back would be lovely if all of us on here could meet up.

yep I have a treck! Team developer said not to worry she will find me a lift but I am a natural worrier and need everything planned in advance lol ive checked trains and if I book now it'll be 40 odd pound return which isn't bad so I've text her to see if a lift is likely or not!!

I work 3 days a week so plenty of time for slimming world promoting etc x

I agree, it would make things much easier and a little less scary if we'd already made a few friends on here. The idea of so many new people at head office for training is just as petrifying as it is exciting ha!

I wish I only worked 3 days, I work a 48 hour week so it would currently be a MASSIVE uphill struggle for me but the eventual aim would be to finish my full time job.

Hi pink kitty, not a problem at all, thanks for your encouragement! Hopefully we will both get accepted for interviews and get through to training!

Keep me posted on your progress!

I got given my interview date last night!! Roll on Tues 18th ?

Great news xianaleigh just heard my interview is 26th November - time to get my Xmas shopping done as I can see December being crazy if I'm successful.

And great new rochelle1 that you're sorted for Derby

im hoping to take over the group I attend but the group doesn't know yet - I work 20 hours over 4 days so think it would all fit in nicely as I have 3 children too.

exciting times ahead!!

Great news xianaleigh just heard my interview is 26th November - time to get my Xmas shopping done as I can see December being crazy if I'm successful.

And great new rochelle1 that you're sorted for Derby

im hoping to take over the group I attend but the group doesn't know yet - I work 20 hours over 4 days so think it would all fit in nicely as I have 3 children too.

exciting times ahead!!

ive told everyone they're getting money or gift cards lol x

Lol! That's a great idea x
I just know I'm gonna be crazy busy away for one full weekend and shopping for bits and bobs for my group it's just not worth stressing over shopping. Plus I've got a puppy, she's 10 weeks old so its not like my partner and I want to go for full days out at metro centre or Middlesbrough like we have done in the past! (I do have plenty of arrangements for her when I'm training though don't worry!) so I'm taking the easy option. Not sure what my boyfriend wants to do with his side, he hates the idea of money gifts, but that's upto him lol x

I just know I'm gonna be crazy busy away for one full weekend and shopping for bits and bobs for my group it's just not worth stressing over shopping. Plus I've got a puppy, she's 10 weeks old so its not like my partner and I want to go for full days out at metro centre or Middlesbrough like we have done in the past! (I do have plenty of arrangements for her when I'm training though don't worry!) so I'm taking the easy option. Not sure what my boyfriend wants to do with his side, he hates the idea of money gifts, but that's upto him lol x

Oh how cute, what sort of puppy is it? And no I dont blame you dragging round the shops unless it's group bits, I think shopping for those will be much more fun!

i have 3 children so have relied on online shopping a lot the last few years, plus if it's gifts for family that live away (like some of my husbands family) I try and get bits from amazon and you can get them sent direct and they will gift wrap them too for a little extra. My husband isn't keen on Xmas shopping but he will go get stuff if I give him a list - he came to the ops event with me so he already knows thisChristmas could be full on so he's on board to cut back on extra non SW tasks. I'm thinking get as much done now really :) x

Oh how cute, what sort of puppy is it? And no I dont blame you dragging round the shops unless it's group bits, I think shopping for those will be much more fun!

i have 3 children so have relied on online shopping a lot the last few years, plus if it's gifts for family that live away (like some of my husbands family) I try and get bits from amazon and you can get them sent direct and they will gift wrap them too for a little extra. My husband isn't keen on Xmas shopping but he will go get stuff if I give him a list - he came to the ops event with me so he already knows thisChristmas could be full on so he's on board to cut back on extra non SW tasks. I'm thinking get as much done now really :) x

Oh you will soon get yours done then! My boyfriend actually likes shopping where as I don't lol

i have a pug puppy! She just got her microchip and booster jab today so I'll be walking her next week. I'm definitley looking forward to getting stuff for my group!! X

Hi Dancing,
I love being a consultant, there are pitfalls as there are with anything else you might choose to do in life! but i would say very few that are as rewarding, in January from my two groups i earned a combined amount of £1200 in a month, take off my fee's for hiring the halls and i was still left with £900 and they are only 50 members each group so you can earn money from it but to make it your fulltime job you would have to have at least 3 to 4 groups a weekor 2 to 3 at double session, maybe at least go along to an opportunities evening and see what all the fuss is about :) keep us informed :)

Hi Caretaker

when I went to the ops event it wasn't the right time as my father in law was seriously ill then passed away. Many months later and I gave left my part time job, my consultant has left recently with our group looked after by relief. I went to another ops event, got an interview and have been offered to take over my groups two sessions on same eve. Got pre training this Sat and main training in December taking over beginning of January! How things change. When our consultant left it was too good an opportunity to miss as I know everyone at second session as have been going there year and a half.

Are you still doing well with your groups?

Hi Caretaker

when I went to the ops event it wasn't the right time as my father in law was seriously ill then passed away. Many months later and I gave left my part time job, my consultant has left recently with our group looked after by relief. I went to another ops event, got an interview and have been offered to take over my groups two sessions on same eve. Got pre training this Sat and main training in December taking over beginning of January! How things change. When our consultant left it was too good an opportunity to miss as I know everyone at second session as have been going there year and a half.

Are you still doing well with your groups?
Hi Dancing, yes mate still very much enjoying them, I have been a consultant for a year and all the members in my group are "my members" they have joined and have lost weight at "my" groups they are fantastic people and have had brilliant losses, one of my groups have lost nearly 200st, I played a part in that maybe only as a conduit, of SW's amazing plan but my support has kept them coming back.
i'm really pleased your going for it, don't get caught up with the members on here who like to put SW down.
You will have to make what you want out of being a consultant and take further opportunities when they raise their head.
I'm next week for Diamond training so another part of the journey is opened to me. Keep us informed on how it all goes :)

TC.
MATT

Chuffed to hear you've sorted transept and a room buddy for training Rochelle, at least that's one weight off!

Pink Kitty congrats!!! I hope to hear over the next few weeks that you're through to training!

I know exactly how you ladies feel, I only recently moved in to my first house and it's currently in the middle of full redecoration, then I've got a 48 hour full time job, along side a work based NVQ in team leading!

I know it's a lot on but I've got a lot of support from fella/family/friends and Slimming World is definitely the way I want to head, hopefully eventually giving up my full time job.

Great to hear some current consultants are doing so well and still enjoying things!

X

Chuffed to hear you've sorted transept and a room buddy for training Rochelle, at least that's one weight off!

Pink Kitty congrats!!! I hope to hear over the next few weeks that you're through to training!

I know exactly how you ladies feel, I only recently moved in to my first house and it's currently in the middle of full redecoration, then I've got a 48 hour full time job, along side a work based NVQ in team leading!

I know it's a lot on but I've got a lot of support from fella/family/friends and Slimming World is definitely the way I want to head, hopefully eventually giving up my full time job.

Great to hear some current consultants are doing so well and still enjoying things!

X

Thanks I really hope I get through and will def keep you posted!

I have to admit when I first started reading this page I thought wow lots of work and a few unhappy people BUT then I looked at the job I do now - I've worked for the nhs for 20 years and I believe this is perfect for me, luckily I only work 20 hours but I have 3 children that's keep me busy, we are also in the process of renovating our house and I've just started an nvq in management which is work related - but again I goto group each week I've been a SW member for nearly 2 1/2 yrs and got to target in 50 weeks - SW is my life as much as anything else and I feel I can make a difference to a lot of people both already in group and new members that join. Hopefully I'll make some cash too but I don't expect over the odds - working for the nhs there are very few perks but the rewards are fabulous and I feel this will be the same.

so good luck everyone and fingers crossed I get through interview in 26th nov and join some of you in dec training and if not it's just not my time yet but it won't bring me down as I'm happier now at nearly 44 than I've ever been x

Hi Dancing, yes mate still very much enjoying them, I have been a consultant for a year and all the members in my group are "my members" they have joined and have lost weight at "my" groups they are fantastic people and have had brilliant losses, one of my groups have lost nearly 200st, I played a part in that maybe only as a conduit, of SW's amazing plan but my support has kept them coming back.
i'm really pleased your going for it, don't get caught up with the members on here who like to put SW down.
You will have to make what you want out of being a consultant and take further opportunities when they raise their head.
I'm next week for Diamond training so another part of the journey is opened to me. Keep us informed on how it all goes :)

TC.
MATT

Hi Matt

Thanks. Glad you are still doing well. I know it is mainly the plan but you had to show them how to do the plan so well done on your 200st losses! I don't work now so can put all my time and effort in and it will be for "me". I don't mind if it takes longer than the 10 to 15 hours SW say as I am sure I will still be doing less hours (and unpaid hours) than I did in my last job! As not had my Secrets of Success yet I assume Diamond training is because you have been there a year? Like being at target a year? Good luck with that and thanks for your comments in the past that helped me finally decide to give it a go, I may fail but if i don't try I wont know but hopefully even if I don't get the magic number at the beginning at least I have quite a few regulars already so i wont be out of pocket to start with.

Sandra

X

yeah I'm relieved! Nice to have a training buddy too, I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends and she seems nice from the texts anyway! She will have had to be friendly and warm to be accepted anyway lol I bet she's lovely. Just greatful to her for giving me a lift it'll cost me half of what the train fayre would I reckon. When ive looked it up, Derby is about two hours and half away from me.

You do sound like you have a lot going on already but if you're not happy in your full time job then why not look for another career. X

Hi Matt

Thanks. Glad you are still doing well. I know it is mainly the plan but you had to show them how to do the plan so well done on your 200st losses! I don't work now so can put all my time and effort in and it will be for "me". I don't mind if it takes longer than the 10 to 15 hours SW say as I am sure I will still be doing less hours (and unpaid hours) than I did in my last job! As not had my Secrets of Success yet I assume Diamond training is because you have been there a year? Like being at target a year? Good luck with that and thanks for your comments in the past that helped me finally decide to give it a go, I may fail but if i don't try I wont know but hopefully even if I don't get the magic number at the beginning at least I have quite a few regulars already so i wont be out of pocket to start with.

Sandra

This is what I'm worried about, being out of pocket! Our team developer told me this group is pretty established, I think it's being looked after by a releif consultant but there's still that worry! I'll really try and put the promotion in though and because ive lost so much weight, I'm quite well known in my town people seem to be curious when you've lost a large amount without surgery! So I get a lot of questions hopefully those people will be nosey beggars and come along to my group LOL

I've just been reading through the editorial part of our packs and need to start on that I think. Im in the next issue of the mag in a group shoot, went to London for the shoot but it's not in groups til after the 15th December! If I can get myself in the regional paper I could send them those pics from the shoot.

oh it's all exciting

Hello everyoene - this is my first post although, after spending a number of days reading through - have managed to read every single post and boy has it been helpful!!

I went to an opp event last sunday, had my follow up call on weds and have my interview tomorrow with the TD and DM.

Are there any hints/tips from recent interviewees?

As already said many times before, thanks for starting the thread and to the 100s of you who have responded in the past.

I hope its positive news and will post and let you know.

:)

Hi! I'm going to head office for training on 28/29/30 November. Does anyone know the address of hotel we stay in. I know it's either a travel lodge or the premier inn but when I look these up on line there seems to be quite a few near head office and I'm not sure which one. I'm travelling from Ireland so I obviously don't know the area at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello everyoene - this is my first post although, after spending a number of days reading through - have managed to read every single post and boy has it been helpful!!

I went to an opp event last sunday, had my follow up call on weds and have my interview tomorrow with the TD and DM.

Are there any hints/tips from recent interviewees?

As already said many times before, thanks for starting the thread and to the 100s of you who have responded in the past.

I hope its positive news and will post and let you know.

:)

well done for getting an interview, just be yourself. Try not to be nervous. I took my weight record books and before pics. It's very informal and friendly! I really enjoyed mine lol x

Hi! I'm going to head office for training on 28/29/30 November. Does anyone know the address of hotel we stay in. I know it's either a travel lodge or the premier inn but when I look these up on line there seems to be quite a few near head office and I'm not sure which one. I'm travelling from Ireland so I obviously don't know the area at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated

on my pack it says the Derbyshire or the premier inn castle wood. Think I'm gonna go with the premier inn x

Back