A Diary of Dohnuts

Dohnuts

Hey guys :)

So I've tried sticking to diets in the past and I've never made it past two weeks :( sooo...I thought I might try sharing the experience to see if it will give me any extra motivation :) My plan is to start a healthy eating and exercise plan as of right now - it may be 6.45pm but there's no time like the present :rolleyes: - and keep going until I'm rid of those 20lbs that just don't seem to want to leave me. I don't actually have a bathroom scales right now but I'm planning to look for one asap. Does anyone have any tips for staying on the wagon past those horrible first two weeks? :D

Cara xx

Hi Cara... I've started again today too after a year away from ANY form of healthy eating or exercise. I have WAY more to lose than you but I seem to hit the same wall after the first fortnight! From my personal view, Slimming World has been the best eating plan for me, last year i lost 10.5lbs in my first 2 weeks of the plan, then the weight started coming off at roughly 1-2lbs per week. The thing that kept me going was the fact that I was seeing a real difference in my figure, i was beginning to see a waistline again! I like SW because it shows you new ways of cooking things and you can still eat as much as you want, it's more about HOW you cook certain things as opposed to cutting things out. While i'm not going to the group this time around, i'm determined to stick to the plan and shift this weight once and for all! I have a proper target this time too, my friend is getting married in August so i'm hoping to get from a size 20-22 down to a 16 to fit into this beautiful dress I own and have only worn once due to being too large for it for most of the time I've owned it! If you set yourself a target it gives you something to work towards - when you can see the goal the field doesn;t seem that long!!
Good Luck with it all... since we've started together let me know if you want to "buddy up" till you hit your ideal weight!

Lou xxx

Hi Lou :) Thanks for the advice! It sounds like a pretty good idea to break down my goal into smaller parts - that way I'll feel like I'm achieving something :D
I've heard good things about SW as my mother lost quite a lot of weight on the diet in the past and my aunt who is currently on the diet has lost so much weight in the past few months - she looks amazing! And I think one of the biggest pitfalls, especially for me, is cutting out things I think I'm not supposed to have and then craving it so bad that I give in and have a massive guilt trip later xD And if I slip up once, I tend to give up on the whole thing, so the fact that it shows you how you can still eat your favourite foods sounds like my kind of plan!
And I also have a fab dress that I bought for summer two years ago but sadly cant quite squeeze into anymore :( I would love to wear it again this year on holidays in August so it would be great to buddy up and we can aim to fit into those dresses by summer together :D

Cara xx

Well first day hasn't gone too bad I had an activia yoghurt for breakfast then ended up spending all day waiting in an office to hand in my documents to get my resident permit u.u that was just to hand them in, I still have to go back next week to get the actual thing...
Now i've got some nice broth cooking on the hob full of yummy veggies :D feeling good!

And to you too! xx

I'm glad the first day went well - yesterday and today have been good for me too - I've done 2 days of 30 day shred and stuck religiously to Slimming World! I'm allowing myself 10 syns per day if I want them, and touch wood, knowing I'm not really denying myself anything is keeping me on track - I turned down biscuits today, yay me, haha!!! We WILL get into those dresses!!! Xxx

Well done! I know we'll definitely do it :D Those dresses are just too pretty to be sitting in the wardrobe!

Just did one hour of Davina's Body Buff - Warm up, Buff Cardio and Buff Boxing and I feel great :D I had a couple of breaks but I've never done an hour's cardio in my life :O go me! haha

So I've had a pretty healthy second day :

Breakfast: Activia yoghurt
Lunch: Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast
Dinner: Salad with fish
Snacks: Sunflower seeds and lot's of water!
Exercise: 1 hour of Davina's Body Buff this morning

Still feeling kinda hungry though so I might go for an apple or something too :)

I tried the whole "wholemeal bread" thing today too, i just can't STAND it!!! It tasted like cardboard :( I had a good day today too, though i didnt have weetabix for breakfast like I have done the last 2 days and i found myself VERY hungry so i'm starting to work out what works well and what doesnt! Those dresses really are too pretty to be hanging in the wardrobe! I need to wear mine 4 months today so the race is on! xx

I'm quite partial to a bit of toasted wholemeal bread myself! And a salmon and cucumber sandwich on wholemeal bread is just yummy :D
Had another good day today - discovered I like tuna which is great seeing as I plan to start a keto diet and didn't want to live simply off chicken xD I wish I wasnt such a typical british food lover :(

My menu for today:
Breakfast: Activia yoghurt
Lunch: Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast with low fat spread (at least I think it's low fat - it's fortified with vitamins anyway xD)
Dinner: Tuna with a tomato, onion and garlic sauce
Snacks: Will probs have some sunflower seeds later to curb my late night munchies
Exercise: No workout as I am virtually paralysed from yesterday's workout but done a bit of walking to and from lessons including walking up a rather large hill twice :D Hopefully I won't be in so much pain tomorrow morning so I can do my Buff Cardio and Boxing...
Haven't drunk a hell of a lot of water since I've been quite busy so it looks like I'll be making plenty of trips to the loo this evening making up for that!

All in all - I'm feeling rather optimistic :D

Aww, I'm pleased for you! I had a BAD day today, I'm completely off the wagon!!! I slept really badly last night so I was tired and grumpy, and that made me crave all sorts of naughty things!!! So I gave in, THEN I didn't do my 30 day shred because I'm so tired and don't have the energy!!! BUT... I'm not giving up and I will be back on it with a vengeance tomorrow!! Xxx

yes don't give up! you're not completely off the wagon yet - sometimes we have a wobble but it only gives us more motivation :D good luck for tomorrow!

This wasn't so much a wobble as a massive rocking motion, haha!!! But as you said, I'm not completely off the wagon yet... I've resisted attacking the ice cream drawer in the freezer! Bring on tomorrow :D

Had another good day diet-wise. Stayed away from carbs and did my workout first thing this morning to get my metabolism going :D
Ended up having brunch at about half 1 because the kitchen was occupied....again u.u Had scrambled egg, tomatoes and a few mushrooms.
Had some tuna as a snack at about 4 o'clock then had chicken breast with tomato, onion and garlic at 8pm. Had a few sunflower seeds this morning too :)
Might have a small salad as a snack before going to bed if I get hungry, although I don't think it'll be long before I'm sleeping tonight! Feeling a bit woozy adjusting to the low-carb! o_O hopefully it'll pass in a day or two!

Another good day on the low-carb front:
Brunch 12:30pm - Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and mushrooms
Snack throughout the afternoon - Walnuts (yummy)
Tea 6:15pm - Homemade beef burgers with cheese, green beans and leek
Haven't actually felt too hungry today! :D
Decided to give my legs a rest from Buff Cardio and Boxing today - shall be back on the wagon first thing tomorrow morning!

Craving chocolate - bad! Noooo :( And I think I ate too many walnuts - those thing's are just too damn addictive :(

Ugh, I've been bad over the last few days and had some wobbles, I hadn't done 30 day shred since Wednesday! Thankfully I've still managed to lose 2.5lbs!! I'm a bit disappointed as I know in my first couple of weeks I can usually hit the 5lb loss mark!! BUT, im going to be positive, it's still a loss and I'm going to be 100% this week! No more wobbles or lack of exercise!! How did you get on? Xx

Back