A downside of losing weight

There's no point banning those foods from our lives, they're going to be there even when we've lost the weight. It's just a matter of control, seeing if we really want it, and just being reasonable. No biggie.

clsimpson - I think whether 1050 is too low depends on the person! I'm only 5ft 2 and if I ate 2000 a day, even at this weight I put on weight.

Personally I'm not too strict and vary between 1000 and 1200 a day, but if I eat more than 1200 I struggle to lose even 1lb a week, and thats with going swimming twice a week. If I'm not loosing about a 1lb a week I would lose motivation and think whats the point, especially because I'm still so far from goal.

As long as you're aware what you're doing and don't go too low for you I don't see a problem. Different things work for different people.

I definitely agree with you on the smaller meals though, it stops be being hungry, but also from being over full.
If I eat a larger meal now (say 400-500 cals plus) I then crave all the sweets and deserts that I used to eat regularly when I was stuffed to bursting, if I have a mini portion of whatever I fancy I don't have those cravings.

I too have to limit my calories to 1200 a day or less. At 1400 I put weight on because I'm only 5ft 3in and I've had many years not moving about much through injury so my metabolism had slowed. I think it all depends on the individual and with the limited calories I have I eat a very good diet. I use 1000 for my meals, milk allowance and fruit with the other 200 for treats and it works very well.

Tracey

I used to do calorie counting and was told to eat 1300-1500 calories a day and do at least 30mins of cardio excercise a day. Didn't loose an ounce!! Thank goodness for Go Lower, as I'm not calorie counting and get to eat real food all the time, and yummy snacks.

Had a weigh in yesterday and lost another 3lbs, so that's 1st10lbs in 7weeks with Go Lower. Yey..

xx

Happy, you're on a roll! Well done x

Thanks everyone. I feel great. Go Lower is working wonders.

Just been to the zoo with the family. Although really cold, it was excellent. The zoo is massive, and usually I really end up struggling getting around, and it's me moaning before the kids! Well not today. My nearly 2stone loss has made such a difference. I feel much fitter and able to take on the world - well the zoo anyway!!

xx

That's wonderful. I too seem to get less tired and moany about stuff. I guess carrying around all that extra weight is exhausting!

I've been feeling much more energetic too, it's great. I'm not sure if it's down to the fact I'm making more of an effort and going swimming/ walking to places instead of getting the bus or if it's because of the weight I've lost so far.
Either way I'm not complaining :)

Its probably both sugar fiend. I've recently got a new job working in the afternoons at a local primary school. In the mornings I walk my daughter to her school. Walk home. Do a quick tidy etc and play with my 3yr old son. Have a light lunch at 11.30 and then at 12 walk to another school, son in buggy, pushing him up the hill, drop him off in nursery, work for 3hrs, and then walk to my daughters school (in the opposite direction) with my son and buggy and then walk back home! From someone who NEVER did excersice I'm suddenly doing loads. I also walk at least once a week with a friend for an hr in the evenings. I know I feel great because of Go Lower, but the exercise chemicals (whatever they are called) are also making me feel good about myself too.

xx

Back