A Fat Ballerina..

Hey everyone,

I've been away since early 2008, but I am now back and ready to lose weight again.

I've had a history of eating disorders, so I figured it would be healthier to try and lose weight this way than to go back to starving myself and purging anything I do eat.

I gained up to 143 lbs (65 kgs). I am currently 131 lbs (59.5 kgs). I'd like to get down to 99 lbs (45 kgs) and then stop.

45 may sound low, but for a dancer it's pretty average for a 5'4.5" ballerina, lyrical and pointe dancer.

*~Emma~*

45 may sound low, but for a dancer it's pretty average for a 5'4.5" ballerina, lyrical and pointe dancer.

*~Emma~*

nah. Average for a ballerina is about BMI18. Still low but gives them enough strength and energy to dance well.

For an anorexic though, a ballet dancer would need a much lower BMI;) Justifying a reason not to find help for anorexia perhaps?

But :sigh: I think we've all had irrational thoughts concerning our weight. First step is too challenge them, and admit that it isn't fact, just what we try to believe to justify eating (or not eating your case)

Please do be careful. You already have a healthy BMI, please be proud of that and don't try to make yourself underweight again. I have had friends with eating disorders, and it is painful to watch. You have done well in recovery, please don't go backwards now. xxx

Hi

Just to point out that your GP should be your major source of advice when it comes to your health.

Therefore we at Minimins would advise all posters that before setting targets and starting any diet that they first chat it over with their doctor to make sure he/she agrees with the plan.

Thanks

Mike

Back