A few questions...

Blueway

Silver Member
Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times before but I'd really like some help!
I've just been on the slim and save site and they have a weeks supply for 26.99, it contains 28 products including shakes, soups and bars.
Is this all I'd need for a week or would I have to supplement it with something else?
Also, I'm a bit scared at the thought of Ketosis - keep reading about stinking breath and bad skin! Does this always happen?
Oh and my stats are wrong, am about 8 or 9lbs more I reckon, just haven't dared get on the scales yet :eek:

Thanks

If youre doing 3 products a day you need to add a protein meal, and there is a list of allowed veg which comes in the box with your packs. you can have veg whether you do 3 or 4 packs a day.
if you're doing 4 packs a day then you dont need anything else.
in ketosis my breath wasnt too smelly but my mouth felt weird to me. my skin was lovely from all the water I was drinking and vitamins :]

If I were you I'd try 4 packs a day at first to see whether that approach works for you. On that plan you have 4 packs and you can add 150ml of skimmed milk (optional) and some vegetables from a list they'll send to you if you want to. Personally for the first 6 months I just had 4 packs a dy - no veg or milk.

Just a little note - a vlcd is not recommended for a bmi below 25 :)

Just a little note - a vlcd is not recommended for a bmi below 25 :)

Yeah I read that but I'm only thinking of doing it for a few weeks and I'm certainly not at the lower end of my ideal weight!
Only problem i could see is taking stuff to work, i don't think you can prepare the shakes in advance can you? I suppose I could make them there but it would mean taking water in as well as we don't have a kitchen! Not sure if I'd feel a bit daft making them up in the canteen!
Thanks for all your replies, i might order today x

Back