A girl called Tuesday's Red and Green Food Diary

Planning

I'm going to get organised this week and complete my food diary for the rest of the week to help keep me on track as i do think it helped the week of the Jubilee, only problem is me and the bf have been invited out by another couple to pizza hut on saturday!!! This is really bad for me a pizza huts stuffed crust Margherita is absolutley my most favourite food ever! But if i remember rightly there are some low syn pasta dishes so fingers crossed I can find something nice and avoid pinching everyones pizza.

Just had a look at pizza huts online menu and it's NEW ... the only pasta i like on it is lasagne and thats 21 syns! :(

Oooo just had another look and they do have a new lighter pizza option called Pizzetta for 500 ckals served with rocket and tomato going to look up the syns and that could be my best bet :)

looked up syns for the one i liked the look of best; 'shrimply delicous' and it works out at 23.5 syns so guess ill be having that and cutting at least 8.5 syns out of my diet before saturday this week

Last edited:
Thursday 14/06/2012 Red Day

Lunch

3 pieces of chicken cooked in schwartz bbq shake
strawberries

Dinner

2 fish from chip shop with batter removed
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB)
4 tbsp Ketchup (4 syns)

60g wholemeal roll (HEB) with 3 laughing cow lights (part HEA)
24 deli honey ham strip
24 deli BBQ chicken strip (0.5 syns)
apple
Foxs chunkie cookie (6.5 syns)

Total syns = 11

Note to self: nag mother and father to buy me some joes sausages. Ive not had them in ages and really want the scotch eggs i used to make all the time

Last edited:
Friday 15/06/2012 Green Day

Dinner

Pasta with half a tin of fray bentos meatballs in tomato sauce (8.75 syns)

going to have a go at the magic pancake recipe, couldnt get a plain vanilla muller so i've got the one with choc sprinkles in, had the oats soaking overnight so fingers crossed i like them.

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylightPlace your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.serve with fresh fruit and syrup (syns)ideas are endless and you could also make savoury pancakes if you used natural yogurt

Magic pancakes using porridge oats + scan brean (HEB), muller light and eggs

ForumRunner_20120618_114306.jpg

They dont look too presentable i know but i was taking them down to the bf's to eat as snacks :) was hard though because once i tasted them i just wanted to eat them there and then. Very nice :) they were quite fragile and some did start to fall apart in the pan but still really yummy. I had them on there own but would be really nice with jam. Also plan to make savoury ones with natural yogurt to have with gravy :)

Total syn = 8.75

Last edited:
Saturday 16/06/2012 Red Day

Breakfast

Bacon, egg and cheese toasty using 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) and 3 babybel light (HEA)

IMAG2018.jpg

Dinner

Pizza hut restraunt:
Shrimply delicious pizzetta (23.5 syns)
unlimited salad

shrimply deliciou.jpg

Crazy amount of vodka

Total syns = 23.5

Last edited:
Sunday 17/06/2012 Green Day

Seriously heavy night last night so hungover didnt wake up till 4pm, the food i had was forced down at bout 9pm and couldn't eat anymore lol

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

omlete using 3 babybel light (HEA) , beans, 3 quorn sausages (3 syns)

Total syns = 3

Last edited:
I've been having a nosey at your recipes to get some ideas, i hope you dont mind :)

How much weight did you lose, how long did it take you and what were your weekly losses? Did you do more red than green or other way around? I'm on day one today and have been eating low carb for months but not losing any weight. I'm terrified of eating carbs again but hoping if i stick to it properly i will lose the weight. I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and really want to lose at least half a stone, do you think thats possible? x

I've been having a nosey at your recipes to get some ideas, i hope you dont mind :)

How much weight did you lose, how long did it take you and what were your weekly losses? Did you do more red than green or other way around? I'm on day one today and have been eating low carb for months but not losing any weight. I'm terrified of eating carbs again but hoping if i stick to it properly i will lose the weight. I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and really want to lose at least half a stone, do you think thats possible? x

Hia, when i first started slimming world i was just under 13 st, it took me about a year to get to 10st7lbs, then it was my 18th and i went off plan and stayed off it untill last year, when i went back to class begining of 2011 i weighed 11st9.5lbs im now 8st7. I have always done red and green days and for the first 2 stone i lost on average 2 lb a week then slowed to maybe loosing 2lb one week putting on a half a lb the next so still pretty consistant in loosing :) I'd stay I do half and half; red and green days, when ive put on the week before i try and do more red because i feel less naughty, but i do really enjoy my green days, when i first started loosing i was doing more green than red because i preferred the foods i could eat but it got harder to loose as i got slimmer so started to do more red.
I think itll depend what weight your at now to wether you can loose half a stone in 3 weeks when i was heavier i did have some really good loses, i think my best was 5lb in one week and that wasnt within the first few weeks more like 3 month into it so was a nice suprise but i had really stuck to plan that week :) I think if your really determied you can do it but it will depend on what your weight is now. I mean im 8st7 now and dont think id be able to loose half a stone in 3 weeks even if i stuck to plan completely lol. Anyway hope i have helped you somewhat. If you want to ask anything else im on this site everyday so i will reply :) Good luck x

Bear Yo Yo's

Just been reading my free branded foods book and foud a healthy extra b i didnt know about, Bears yoyo's (fruit rolls) Just bought a big batch off their website worked out at 50p a pack, you can have 4 rolls for a HEB or they are 1.5 syns each. They have a page with recipe ideas to use them in aswell as just snacks, You can melt them into porridge! i like the idea of that.. syn free :)

yoyos.jpgswirls.jpg

Last edited:
Hia, when i first started slimming world i was just under 13 st, it took me about a year to get to 10st7lbs, then it was my 18th and i went off plan and stayed off it untill last year, when i went back to class begining of 2011 i weighed 11st9.5lbs im now 8st7. I have always done red and green days and for the first 2 stone i lost on average 2 lb a week then slowed to maybe loosing 2lb one week putting on a half a lb the next so still pretty consistant in loosing :) I'd stay I do half and half; red and green days, when ive put on the week before i try and do more red because i feel less naughty, but i do really enjoy my green days, when i first started loosing i was doing more green than red because i preferred the foods i could eat but it got harder to loose as i got slimmer so started to do more red.
I think itll depend what weight your at now to wether you can loose half a stone in 3 weeks when i was heavier i did have some really good loses, i think my best was 5lb in one week and that wasnt within the first few weeks more like 3 month into it so was a nice suprise but i had really stuck to plan that week :) I think if your really determied you can do it but it will depend on what your weight is now. I mean im 8st7 now and dont think id be able to loose half a stone in 3 weeks even if i stuck to plan completely lol. Anyway hope i have helped you somewhat. If you want to ask anything else im on this site everyday so i will reply :) Good luck x

OMG 81/2 stone! That's something i could only ever dream of lol. When i was younger and very fit (in the army) the lightest i weighed was 9st10 so ive got no bloody chance now haha. I'd love to get to 10 stone eventually but im such a slow loser, even though i go to the gym 5 days a week. Well hopefully i will get into the 10's again before i go on holiday which means i've got 6 lbs to lose by then :) Thanks for your help x

OMG 81/2 stone! That's something i could only ever dream of lol. When i was younger and very fit (in the army) the lightest i weighed was 9st10 so ive got no bloody chance now haha. I'd love to get to 10 stone eventually but im such a slow loser, even though i go to the gym 5 days a week. Well hopefully i will get into the 10's again before i go on holiday which means i've got 6 lbs to lose by then :) Thanks for your help x

I dont do any excercise and im sat down all day where i work, but dont they say muscle is heavier than fat? :) i bet your more toned than someone else at the same weight as you who dosnt exercise :) ... always look on the bright side lol i've heard people who've started exercising have put on when they first start but eventually they see the losses and notice that they are toning up. I really should start exercising now as im slim but not at all toned .... exercise is really not my scene though haha. x

Monday 18/06/2012 Red Day

Breakfast

2 Apple bear yo yo's (1/2 HEB)

Dinner

Morrisons lamb shank in rosemary and wine gravy (1.5 syns)
carrot
Swede
2 linda Mcartneys rosemary and red onion sausages

2 pineapple bear yo yo's (1/2 HEB)
kelloggs fibre plus (HEB)
bannana
24 deli honey ham strip
24 deli BBQ chicken strip (0.5 syns)
Warburtons crumpet (5 syns)
1 tsp flora original (1.5 syns)

Total syns = 8.5

Last edited:
View attachment 51356

Size 16/18 to 8/10 :D yay

You look fantastic :)

Just been reading my free branded foods book and foud a healthy extra b i didnt know about, Bears yoyo's (fruit rolls) Just bought a big batch off their website worked out at 50p a pack, you can have 4 rolls for a HEB or they are 1.5 syns each. They have a page with recipe ideas to use them in aswell as just snacks, You can melt them into porridge! i like the idea of that.. syn free :)

View attachment 52688View attachment 52690

Where can you buy these from other then their website? and how much, I wouldn't mind trying them before bulk buying

Sorry to butt in but Asda sell them Donna and some other supermarkets. In my Asda they are at the end of one of the fruit and veg aisles on a stand with other dried fruit. X

Oh and didn't know about using them as a healthy extra so good to know. The bear nibbles granola is really yummy too x

Sorry to butt in but Asda sell them Donna and some other supermarkets. In my Asda they are at the end of one of the fruit and veg aisles on a stand with other dried fruit. X

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out, although just looked on the website and its free delivery so tempted to try, I'm sure little one will eat them if I'm not a fan... I'll have to have a think about it

Rochelle1 said:
Seen them in sainsburys today, you could get them in a box of 10 too. I bought 1 in wilksinsons ages ago, I didn't like it :(

I hope I like them, if not ill have to force myself to eat them lol

I've ordered some from the website, got the mixed pack as I thought it would be worth trying them all. If we don't like them on their own I'm sure they'll be nice mixed in with things, like you suggested porridge, I bet they'd go well in a scan bran cake or rice pudding as well... maybe lol

Good News! They came and I like them :)

ForumRunner_20120618_104811.jpg

Hi Tuesday, just to let you know i'm stalking your diary lol, well done on your amazing weight loss... you look fab x

Back