A girl called Tuesday's Red and Green Food Diary

Seriously need some inspiration to sort myself out this week, feel like ive been in self destruct mode for the past few, really want to do this properly and stop having takeaways, i am going to do it this week!!!!!

Tuesday 21/08/2012 Red Day

weigh in at 7pm ......wow lost 2.5lbs surprised by that but now feel i should put on to be in the 8s because the 7s sound scary

Dinner

3 pieces of chicken cooked in schwartz bbq shake
iceberg lettuce
Asda wholemeal pitta (HEB)

2 clementines
apple
ww nectarine yogurt
2 rocky road hifi bars (HEB)

Total syns = 0

Last edited:
Wednesday 22/08/2012 Green Day

about 5 choc raisins (1 syn)

Red grapes

Dinner

campbells tomato and herb pasta & sauce with mushrooms, sweetcorn and kerry lowlow mature cheddar spread (part HEA) stirred through with 3 kerry lowlow cheese slices for toasties (HEA) melted over

Total syns = 1

Last edited:
Thursday 23/08/2012 Red day

Red Grapes (full Punet)

Dinner

2 fish from chip shop with batter removed
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB)
4 tbsp Ketchup (4 syns)

Even more red grapes (at least half a punnet) im going to turn into a grape!
2 rocky road hifi bars (HEB)

Total syns = 4

Last edited:
Friday 23/08/2012 Green Day

Dinner

Pasta with half a tin of fray bentos meatballs in tomato sauce (8.75 syns)

boiled eggs

Lots of vodka

Total syns = 8.75

Last edited:
Congrats on your weight loss this week ;o) never thought of having chips shop fish with batter off :eek:)

Hi hunni, I just wanted to say congratulations on your weight-loss and reaching target! You've done amazing! I've just had a quick look through your food diary to get some inspiration for red/green days as I've been on EE for so long, I thought i'd mix it up a bit, (and i'm loving the extra HX's too!;)). Your story sounds very much like my own (I was 11st7lb and reached my target of 8st3lb in Jan 2011) and now trying to control slipping under my target weight, so it's really inspiring reading your food diary! xxx

Hi hunni, I just wanted to say congratulations on your weight-loss and reaching target! You've done amazing! I've just had a quick look through your food diary to get some inspiration for red/green days as I've been on EE for so long, I thought i'd mix it up a bit, (and i'm loving the extra HX's too!;)). Your story sounds very much like my own (I was 11st7lb and reached my target of 8st3lb in Jan 2011) and now trying to control slipping under my target weight, so it's really inspiring reading your food diary! xxx

oooh our stories do sound v.similar, congratulations on your own weight loss also :) i never thought id have a problem keeping my weight up so this is a whole new ball game for me lol its really weird. My problem is if i start eating or snacking i cant stop, so its easier not to start as im not hungry untill i start eating its quite a struggle but thats why im on here trying to keep track and get my eating back under controll. Good luck to you xxx

Last edited:
Aww thank you hun! I know exactly what you mean - when I first hit target, the following couple of weeks I had losses which took me under target, so my C told me to start adding an extra HXB/making sure I used all weekly syns… it was definitely a whole new ball game (especially when your so used to aiming for a loss and suddenly it's in reverse and you need a gain!) I know what you mean about snacking/over indulging:sigh:, I just always try to stick to the plan, but I don't feel guilty when I have a treat (if anything you need to treat yourself because the plan is aimed to loose weight, where as were now aiming to maintain?? (that's my motto and i'm sticking to it!! lol;)). xxx

Saturday 25/08/2012 Binge Day :(

Has massive binge today astronomical syns just going to list things i had

started off at chinese buffet as woke up around lunch time hungover :( had all the bad stuff ; fried chicken balls, spare ribs, onion rings, prawn crackers, spring rolls and some chow mein

then we bought a lb of gummy sweets, granted the bf did eat moost of them but i had my fair share
then was trying to be good and bought a lb of cherries from the market and ate about half of them

got home feeling hungry again had half a bag of bernard matthews mini kievs and 3 mini pizzas

... then had digestive biscuits spread with peanut butter, nutella and marshmellow fluff!!!! Bad bad tuesday

felt like **** afterward and my stomach is paying for it, not to be too graphic but i have made myself ill

Last edited:
Sunday 26/08/2012

clementines and red grapes :) being good

Dinner

had a pack of walkers crisps
quite a few maoam sweets and a small piece of tiger bread

Last edited:
Monday 27/08/2012 Green day/ANOTHER BINGE

Dinner

3 quorn sausages (3 syns)
omlete using 3 babybel light (HEA)
baked beans

4 rockyroad hifi bars (2 HEB's)

Then had pizza hut, cheesy bites margharitta, loads of sweets! at least 2 mr kipling apple pies, why why why? i feel horrible and bloated, im goiing to be like 3 x heavier for weigh in tomorrow just because my body wont have had time to process all the food i shovelled down my neck, Need to sort the binging out :(

Total syns = 3 + everything else!

Last edited:
Tuesday 28/08/2012 Red Day

Weigh in at 7pm .... put on 1.5lbs so not as bad as i was expecting, still under target, happy with that :)

Dinner

4 pieces of chicken cooked in schwartz bbq shake, iceberg lettuce and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB)

Total syns = 0

Lucky escape this week in not putting on too much, but in light of my binging im going to plan my full week ahead with interesting and different meals and try stick to it as when i do this i usually find im alot less likely to binge

Last edited:
Wednesday 29/08/2012 Red Day

Dinner

Morrisons Lamb shank in rosemary and red wine gravy (1.5 syns) with 1 linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausage and carrot & swede cooked in the actifry (not tried this before will report back how it turned out)

ww apricot yogurt

Total syns = 1.5

The actifry carrot and swede was v.nice, dont know whether id say i prefer it to usual method but it was nice for a change and alot easier and less messy than the usual method, the flavours were more intense and the carrots went lovely and sweet, another benefit to the actifry is i could go have a shower and do other things whilst they were cooking :)

Last edited:
Thursday 30/08/2012 Red day

Lunch

Turkey sandwich using 2 slices wholemeal (HEB) spread with kerry low low mature cheddar spread (part HEA), iceberg lettuce, cucumber and 100g bernard matthews wafer thin turkey (3 syns)

ww nectarine yogurt

Dinner

2 Clementines
Apple

Bought some mince so going to make meatballs in tomato sauce :) using extra lean steak mince, passata and whatever veggies we have in, with 3 kerry lowlow cheese slices for burgers (HEA) melted over, will have part of this in a wholemeal roll (HEB) to be like subways meatball marinara sandwich :)

Total syns = 3

Last edited:
Friday 31/08/2012 Red Day

Lunch

Meatballs with 3 kerry lowlow cheese slices for toasties melted over (HEA)

Dinner

3 pieces of chicken cooked in schwartz bbq shake, iceberg lettuce and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB)

bear fruit yoyo (1/2 HEB)
hifi rocky road bar (1/2 HEB)
shape delights mango yogurt
shape delighs peach and passion fruit yogurt
apple
2 clementines

6 jaffa cakes! (15 syns)
mr kipling apple pie (11.5 syns)
M & Ms (11.5 syns)
walkers crisps (6.5 syns)
galaxy (5 syns)
naughty tuesday

Total syns = 49.5

Last edited:
Saturday 01/09/2012 Red Day

Lunch

KFC
3 origional recipe drumsticks, without coating or skin)

Dinner

went to franky and bennys had the lamb shank with carrots so guessing quite low in syns, but then had apple crumble with custard for desert

Supper

Half a pepporoni stuffed crust pizza from asda
a full sharing bag of onion ring crisps
small bag m & ms
bowl of golden nuggets cereal

Total syns = LOTS

Last edited:
Sunday 02/09/2012 Green Day

Breakfast

small tin of heinz pasta shapes

Orange ice lolly from icecream van , few gummy sweets

Lunch

Batchelors low fat chicken supernoodles with egg stirred through
also nicked a couple of yorkshire puddings off bf dinner
Desert was low sugar jelly with strawberries and bournville not sure of syns :/

Total syns = Few

So another binging weekend but not as bad as last, may master it by next couple of weekends, will now try be good for the rest of the evening, and detox tomorrow before weigh in Tuesday. This morning scales showed 8st2 but probably be more by tmoro morning now, shall report back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Monday 03/09/2012 Red Day

Dinner

Apple

Meatballs in tomato sauce, with 2 wholemeal rolls (2 HEB) and 3 kerry lowlow cheese slices for burgers (HEA)

Total syns = 0

Tuesday 04/09/2012 Green Day

Weigh in at 7pm ... lost 2lbs so now 7st13 , got the warning up that if i dont put on next week ill have to pay the week after so better get eating! Shouldn't be a problem as i have a few outings with friends planned this week :)

Dinner

2 Findus beef & onion crispy pancakes (9 syns)
Cheese & onion smash
Baked beans
omlete using 3 babybel light (HEA)

Total syns = 9

Last edited:
Back