A Graceful Descent

today has been another running around day - in a good way but hectic. I've finally sat down with a cup of tea to put my feet up and catch up on some tv stuff I've recorded so I'm just going to put my menu up today quick and that'll be it for today as not much more to add :)

Breakfast = 5pps
Boiled egg (2)
2 slices toast (3)
Grapefruit (0)

Lunch = 6pps
Heinz lamb and vegetable big soup - 1 tin (6)

Dinner = 8pps
100g chicken breast (2)
2 x mini corn on the cob (4)
100g potato (2)

General = 5pps
Milk (3)
Weight watchers bar (2)

Total so far = 24/31 which leaves me 7 for the rest of the evening. I'm actually quite hungry this evening so I might have a small sandwich in a minute as dinner won't be cooked for half an hour and not sure I can wait that long! That will bring my points up a bit and a fruit pastille lolly for afters should put me up around the 30-31 mark by the end of the day.

Hope everyone else is having a good week and staying on track :)

thanks Jo - I definitely have my head back in the right place this week. I'm making conscious decisions again rather than just drifting to eat whatever I feel like in that 5 minutes - knowing I'm being weighed each week again makes a big difference as I know I haven't got that extra week to try and recover any bad decisions lol

Weekends I tend to relax a little bit more so less healthy than normal today but still keeping within my points and maybe a couple of weeklies thrown in for good luck :)

Today's menu ...

Breakfast = 10pps :-o

Bacon medalions (3)
Egg x 2 (4)
2 slices WW bread (3)

Lunch = ?

As yet undecided as didn't eat breakfast until 11am as had a morning lying in bed watching tv rather than getting up to make it :)

Dinner = 10pps

100g chicken (2)
Philadelphia light (1)
Various stir fried veggies (0)
Olive oil (1)
Egg noodles (6)
Satsumas (0)

General = 3pps
Milk (3)

Total so far is 23/31 so that leaves me with 8 points for lunch and any other bits I eat through the day. I have some salad left in the fridge along with half a melon that needs using so I see some kind of salad followed by a bowl of melon in my future :)

Tomorrow I have my next skating lesson as well so that'll give me some AP points, hence being able to relax a bit on weekends, and I'm being so ridiculously good and forward planning this week - I'm babysitting for my nephews tomorrow night and will only have about half an hour between when I get back from skating and have to get over to their house so I've already taken bits out of the freezer to defrost so I can do dinner at lunchtime and can then take something lighter with me in a tupperware box and eat it there rather than grabbing something that isn't so good for me. I feel my halo returning as I type :D

Hope u enjoy your lesson tomorrow :D xx

Hi Miff ,hope you had a nice weekend. did the skating go well ??

*cough cough hack hack bleuugggghhhhhhhhhhh*

Skating didn't happen I'm afraid - I woke up yesterday morning feeling rough and as if I was coming down with something and as the day went on I felt worse. I was babysitting for my nephews in the evening so was invited round for sunday dinner first and decided to give the skating a miss.

As the evening went on I felt worse and worse and worse - luckily the two of them are 11 and 13 and pretty much capable of looking after themselves and didn't give me any hassle last night which was a relief.

So no logging at the moment I'm afraid - normal service will be resumed once this damn invisible elephant stops standing on my chest and takes his mate standing on my head with him! In the meantime I'm off to buy lots of cuppa soups, lockets and vicks chest rub stuff before taking the day off work to curl up on the sofa and die in front of old movies.

On the bright side I have a seriously deep and husky voice that would be incredibly sexy if I wasn't feeling quite so rough hahahaha

You poor thing !!! sounds like a nasty dose. Hasnt put off your sense of humour though !!!!!!!!!!!!! . Hibernate for a few days and let us know how you are getting on .

Hope u feel better! Loving the sexy voice comment xx

Hope you are over the worst pet . Nasty bugs :(:(

Hugs x

Miffhopeyouok....sorry.key.board.acting.up.miss.you.

Miss u! Xx

awww bless - finally logged back in this morning to find lots of messages from all of you which is a lovely way to start my week :)

Well that was a bug and a half - it literally knocked me off my feet for 5 days and I'm still coughing like crazy and getting no sleep all night because of it. My ears have that whole underwater feeling where they keep popping and then going deaf again at the moment and its driving me insane - but at least its on its way out now. I finally managed to get up long enough to go to the football on Saturday evening and also made it out of the house to go buy some thermal tops yesterday as I'm freezing but other than that its been pretty much me + my sofa + a duvet for the week. I have no idea what I've eaten as its just been whatever has been in the house and I've had no real appetite - unfortunately mainly carb based such as packs of rice or cuppa soups etc so I'm not looking forward to getting on the scales on Tuesday evening - plus I not only had a chicken pie at the football on Saturday due to it being a weird start time but then had a portion of chips when we got back as well as by then I'd barely eaten all week and was suddenly really hungry. Oh well - with any luck the scales will be kind and if I've regained it will only be what I lost last week and I can hit a STS. I think I'll be damn lucky though knowing how much my body reacts against the carb heavy foods even if I wasn't eating much of them.

I'm back to work today and trying to eat healthily again - although there is no food in my house! - but I've given up on tracking for now as I can't really plan what I'm having too well so I'm just going with good quality healthy food and worry about it again from Wednesday when I go and fill the cupboards back up.

I need to lose as much as I can between now and Sunday though! Next week is going to be a nightmare dietwise - I have my parents here from Sunday evening, Monday we will be out all day and then have the West Ham game in the evening, Tuesday will be out with them and my nephews for the day so probably eating out, Wednesday will be my birthday so going to Paris for the day and eating there which will mean breakfast on the train, lunch in Paris and dinner probably either at the station or on the train back - although might get some casserole stuff and leave it in the slow cooker for when we get back. Thursday I need to drop them at the airport and then my friend has booked me in for a manicure at lunchtime as my birthday present so that will be a grab it wherever lunch. Friday I'm going to an Andy Warhol exhibition with another friend so it'll be Subway for lunch (not too bad) and then she wants to take me to Wagamammas that evening. Then on the Saturday I will be having formal afternoon tea with another bunch of friends before heading off for the fireworks in the evening which will probably mean grabbing a burger or hot dog or similar there. I could regain my entire weight loss in the space of one week!!!!

It'll be worth it though :)

So without worrying about my points the plan for today is...

Breakfast
Boiled egg x 2
WW bread toasted x 2

Lunch
Remains of a tub of Marks chicken, mushroom and rice soup
Gluten free crispbreads

Dinner
Weight Watchers microwave meal

I have a whole load of satsumas in the fridge that have been there over a week now so will munch on those during the day if I need to - I feel a lot better for doubling up on the boiled eggs this morning rather than just having my normal one but I'm stuffed already and my appetite really isn't fully back still so we'll see how it goes.

Great to see you back Miff.We were beginning to get worried about you. Sounds like you had a really bad dose of flu. Looks like you have a great week planned for next week though....Paris ... I wish !!!!!!!!!. Ye are so lucky to be able to go there by train .....

Hugs!! Have an awesome birthday ;) cx

so just as I thought I was on the mend the damn virus thing comes back and bites me on the behind again! I was awake half of last night coughing like crazy again and ended up off work again today with my right sinus making me feel like I've been punched in the face. I'm going to see how I feel in the morning but if its still the same I think I might go and see about getting some antibiotics as my sinuses clearly aren't sorting themselves out and after a week I'd have expected for them to be on the way out not kicking off again :(

But on the bright side my weigh in tonight was down 0.5lb ... kind of rubbish as that is over a 2 week period but at the same time its not a gain and last week was out of my hands. I wasn't eating outside of my points but it was very carb based and I know my body just can't handle it.

Food order arriving at 5pm tomorrow so I'll be back on track from the morning and hopefully I can take enough off before visitors arrive and everything goes nuts on Sunday to be able to carry in a good loss next week.

To reach the target I'd set myself will require me to lose 2.5lbs by next Tuesday which I can't see happening but I'll get as close as I can and accept that I won't make it because of factors outside of my control - I was totally on track before I came down ill and my body reacts strangely to anything like that so any loss is a bonus.

Oh and I think I'm pretty much bang on the 200lbs based on the weigh in but I was sucking a cough sweet to stop me choking to death again and that has to weigh at least an ounce so as far as I'm concerned I am now out of the 200s - wahoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Woop to the 200s! Get well soon! U never know u might just get that 2.5 :) xx

Sorry to hear that pesky flu virus is back again Miff . I think at this stage you will need the antibiotic to clear it ,especially as you want to be in good form for next week !!!!

Congrats on getting over the 200 barrier.thats a great milestone ,well done . hope you feel better soon.

Back