a half a stone at a time!

Hi girls - mind if I join you? I've had a look at a few of the team threads but think I'd fit in well with you :)

I'm Catherine, 32 and have 4 stoneish to lose. I'm a bit of a failed serial dieter. I can't seem to do any other now apart from sw as it's so flexible although I'm not sure why I can't seem to stick to it long enough. I think it's partly to do with the fact I lose weight so slowly and after a while I get really disgeartened - it seems so much effort for so little reward. Since new year I have been trying to increase my exercise (DP bought me a cross trainer for Christmas) and even without really being mega good with food have managed to lose 3.5lbs. I figured if I start watching what I eat more closely it should come off quicker so I'm starting sw again - hopefully for the last time. I'm not going to class as I've been to a couple and because I can't stay to image therapy it seems a waste of money so I'm weighing in at home. I thought I'd start with you guys weighing in tomorrow. I have a voucher for a takeaway so we'll be using that tonight so I'm not tempted with it after I start lol.

If I can just lose 1lb a week by Christmas next year I'll be nearly there and I'e got loads to look forward to this year including a spa weekend with my 2 best friends in July and it would be extra special if I could be a couple of stone lighter by then!

I'm a working mum with 3 children (14, 3 and 21 months).

I'll update tomorrow with my new start weight and sort out my tickers :)

hiyah, loving how more people are wanting to join our group. Well I've had a disastrous week. self sabotage isnt the words, need a kick up the butt to be honest!! congrats browneyes x

Doh! Sent that without finishing, sorry if it sounds abrupt. Had a mad one at the weekend, but enjoyed myself, so can't complain about the gain. Back on it this week though, as our friends wedding is approaching fast and I need that dress to fit. Really pleased we have a nice group of girls keeping us all in check. Good luck everyone for your weekly weigh in. Xx

Hi Ladies

How is everyone doing this week? I'm on day 3 and so far so good :) I'm saving my syns up for a curry on saturday and I'm going to cook a meal for dp on Valentines day and want a nice pud lol. I know I'm supposed to be having at least 5 a day but when I've done sw in the past I've done ok saving syns for special occasions. So far I've only used 4 and I forgot to have my HeB yesterday so I'm off to the shop later to buy some Alpen Light bars that I can have at night if I've not used it earlier.

Is anyone doing any exercise? I'm aiming for doing something at least 4 times a week. I'm on 1 so far lol but I'll get on my xtrainer tonight and if the weather is ok tomorrow I'll go out for a walk with the kids. I can always fit in half an hour at the weekend so that will be me done :)

Hello girls....i done so well last week but omg have i had a mad weekend, out fri, sat and sun, drinking san miguel and vodka(spanish measures) all weekend plus chinese on friday nite on way home and food in pub on sat and sun as didn't want to leave....not good!!! Not looking forward to this weeks weigh in, have tried since monday to be good, we'll see what happens on sat for WI.
Hope you all have a good week, I promise to be a good girl from now on, just lock me in my room at the weekends please....has always been my problem, get bored to easy and go back to my old ways!!
Charliesworld, hello...I try to do some exercise every day, just walking the dog but to be fair i'm not working at the moment so got all the time in the world to do it, will change in a few weeks when back at work lol, dog will go nowhere haha...no going to keep it up this time, good luck with 1st WI. x

Hi ladies i'd love to join, im 32 and have 5 stones in total to lose, it seems like such an big task but im positive i can do it. i have two children under 3 and just want to be a yummee mummy. im still on maternity leave due back at work in June hopefully ill be a lot lighter then. Here goes !!!!!!!!

Hi folks,

Well i'm shocked and stunned....lost 4.5lb this week so pleased after last weekend, obviously being so strict for rest of week has paid off!! Not out this weekend and going to stick to it 100%!!

Reached my 1st half stone mark as well, feels great! Hope you are all doing well and have good wi's this week, curvalicious, i think joining this and doing it in small targets off 7lb is a great help, doesn't feel like aiming for the impossible!

Keep up the good work girls, we will look fab in summer clothes this year!!

Currently Sittin at my dinner table lukin at a curry that oh has just arrived home with and for the first time ever I'm actually not wantin to eat it!!! Im shocked so thought I'd share!!! :0) always let myself have a curry as a treat on a Saturday but have absolutely no interest in it so oh is holdin onto it for later incase he fancies some more... Hopin to have 2.5 off at wi Monday night as that will give me my 1.5 stone!!! Completely agree I'm findin it so much easier since I give myself 7lb goals instead off worrying about the total amount I needed to lose! Started off at 15stone 13.5lb have 18.5 off at the mo but still another 3stone 2.5lb to go I think!! But I know we will all get their...dream-believe-achieve!! Good luck at this wks wi

Hi folks,

Well i'm shocked and stunned....lost 4.5lb this week so pleased after last weekend, obviously being so strict for rest of week has paid off!! Not out this weekend and going to stick to it 100%!!

Reached my 1st half stone mark as well, feels great! Hope you are all doing well and have good wi's this week, curvalicious, i think joining this and doing it in small targets off 7lb is a great help, doesn't feel like aiming for the impossible!

Keep up the good work girls, we will look fab in summer clothes this year!!

Thanks hun, you are so right, well done too. I am actually looking forward to summer this year, hmm did I just say that lol.

Hi - well done on the losses.

I sneaked a peek at the scales on saturday and found I'd put weight on. This was after turning down a KFC on friday so I was not happy and proceeded to eat probably more than my whole weeks syn allowance in one day :( Nothing like self sabotage!! :( . Still I came to my senses yesterday and today I'll be good. I'm cooking dp steak and chips for Valentines day. Weigh in tomorrow but I'm not expecting much this week after saturday. I'd love to have a big loss one week just to give me a bit of a boost. I seem to give up after a few lbs because it's taken me so long to get there and I have so far to go!!! Still if I don't keep trying then that means I have to accept where I am and I DO NOT want to stay like this!!!

Still I took the kids swimming for an hour yesterday which although is not the same as going on my own is still mild exercise and the went on my xtrainer for 20mins when I got home. Hopefully I'll have time tonight to go on it again before our meal if dp gets home late to get something in.

Hope everyone else is having a good week and gets good losses tomorrow. Fingers crossed? :)

hiyah girls!
well I've had a bad couple of weeks, and have given up!! not really, just starting again. Going to the same class my mam goes to from the end of the month, so i'll also have her to kick me up the butt!! i've not really slipped up though, not doing 100%, but still not gone off the rails!

Hi- I've not got time to write much but to my surprise this morning found I'd lost 2lbs!!! Very happy considering I pigged out all day saturday and had a very calorific Valentines meal last night :)

Missed my wi last night due to surprise hubby had set up hopin to get to a wi thurs just so I no were I'm at this week but did weigh myself at work yday and think I was down by 1lb but can never tell wit different scales!! Mind h after the calorie filled meal ANC dessert and wine I had last night not to mention the hangover munchies I had all day maybe I'd be better off being exceptionally good till Monday and then weighing in!!!!!

Hi Girls, sounds like we all had calorific weekend! I was also surprised to see that i'd lost 2lb, especially after a delicious meal, dessert and a few cheeky glasses of vino. Can see it creeping on this week, so going to stick to it 100%, as i'd like to get my first stone off at the next weighing. Good luck girls Xx

hi girls,

had my wi this morning, lost another 3lb, so pleased only half a pound until i've lost my 1st stone!!

I'm really getting into it now, even my hubby is surprised at me, usually last a week and give up...he usually says what we on this week..ww, red n green days, scottish slimmers, listening to cd's lol, anyway really motivated and honestly don't feel like big pizza's or takeaways....think someone else has crawled into my head haha!!

Hope you are all having a good week, i'm going to hit the shops and stock up for next week, hopefully will still be as motivated for the week ahead!!

Wow Claire that's fantastic. How long have you been doing sw now?

I have had a terrible weekend and will be astonished if I haven't put on some if not all of the 2lbs I lost last week. I've been so tired as I've not been sleeping properly for ages and with the kids I can't rest during the day so this weekend have just eaten absolute crap. Being tired is how I put all the weight on in the first place so I really need to deal with it I think. I feel all yucky today now and annoyed with myself that I've let myself get like this again. I'm never going to lose weight at this rate and I so wanted to get it off this year. Anyway back on track today - one day at a time!!!

I know exactly how you feel Charlies world, and i dont have kids (would love them though!)
A bit random, but do any of you watch the biggest loser?

Back