A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Found my mum's Slimming World booklet from last year and am going to give it a bash for one week,startng tomorrow,to see how I get on. Will still update here though!

Good luck with the sw and have a nice week at your boyfriends xx

B - Banana, frozen black forrest fruits & 28 ml orange juice (2.5syn) smoothie with 200ml SS milk (Healthy Extra B) 303
L -???
???

D - ???
???

S - ???
???

Total = ???
Syns: 2.5

First day of Slimming World but I am still going to keep an eye on calories too. I don't plan on going over 5 syns per day but we'll see how that pans out haha. Realised I've been under-eating the milk in my smoothies. I always put in what I thought was 200ml but I usually put it in after fruit, ignoring/forgetting the fact it'll come up to the 200ml line quicker cause of the space the fruit takes up. So this time I measured it out in a measuring jug and poured it in first. I ended up with twice as much smoothie as usual!! My wee nephew was here to help me finish it though - he loves smoothies hehe.

Best be off to finish getting ready. I'll update the rest of my food-diary later when I'm at Calum's! x

Thanks!! Got myself confused already - milk was healthy extra A not B haha. 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEx B lol) and baked beans for lunch and chicken stirfry with noodles for dinner. Snacks so far banana and cereal bar (5 syns). Will tally calories and report later!!

Finished on roughly 1300 calories yesterday.

Today looks like so:
B - 2 weetabix (HExB) and mixed fruit smoothie (banana,strawberries,raspberries,grapes) with skimmed milk (HExA) in both cereal and smoothie. Still 50ml remaining to use if I want tea.

L - chicken pasta with chopped tomato sauce (various herbs n spices) and some reduced fat cheddar (4syns)

D - scrambled egg with chopped tomatoes and mushrooms

S - fruit with fat free flavoured yogurt (0.5syns)

Fluids - water and maybe some tea

Syns total = 4.5
Calories total = approx 1300 again.

Last post today lol...I had a go at some weight lifting earlier (after my 30 Day Squat Challenge) while Calum was at work. I actually quite liked it so gonna keep it up at his this week and invest in my own weights to use at home!

B - massive bowl of fruit (strawberries,raspberries,green and black grapes,banana) and fat free vanilla yogurt (0.5syns)

L - Tuna and ham salad

D - Chicken korma (10 syns)

S - 2 ryvita crispbread (HExB) and reduced fat cheddar (HExA), fruit.

Fluids - water 2L
Total syns: 10.5
Total calories: 1300 approx

Calum's mum is making korma using a sharwood jar of sauce. It is for the 3 of us plus his aunt n uncle so I don't want to be rude and refuse. Will have a modest portion though and go easy on the sauce.

Looks like you're doing well Erin. sw does take some getting used to, and if done properly is low calorie. Looks like you're getting the hang of it. People on here usually recommend using all 15 of your syns per day, so that you have something to cut back on later if your weight-loss plateaus.

That's probably not a bad idea actually. Might have a few poppadums with the korma in that case lol

Hi Erin, hope you're having a good day! :)

Been having a rubbish past few days - thought I had the dreaded lurgy but turns out it is a lung infection!! I feel like poop. :(

Hope everyone else is well!!

Hope you feel better soon Erin. Feeling ill is awful! :hug99:

Thank you! I am definitely on the mend so gonna give Slimming World another proper bash! I'd managed to get down to 12st 2 (-2.5lb) before falling ill but then all good intention and care went out the window so am back to starting point of 12st 4.5. *sigh* So, here we go again and fingers crossed I get through the next week and maybe - just maybe! - even make it in to the 11s again. I'd need a 5lb loss for that but you never know!

B - Banana & frozen berries smoothie (with 200ml ss milk from HExA)
L - Minestrone soup

D - Spag Bol

S - Banana, fat free strawberry yogurt (0.5syns), alpen light bar x 2 (HExB)

Total calores = 1400 /1500 approx
Total syns = 0.5

It was my little sister's birthday at the beginning of the week so she is having a night out tomorrow night. I'll be drinking vodka & diet coke / pepsi max. It's only 2.5 syns for a 25ml measure and if I drink a 'free' mixer with it then I can have 6 vodkas and use up my 15 syns. However, I may be a bit cheeky & use some of today's syns tomorrow as well haha.

Hope you are all doing well. Off to snoop on your diaries now!

Good to see you back on the mend Erin. Good luck with restarting your slimming world week!

Gonna start updating daily food diaries from tomorrow again. This weekend hasn't been too bad but not exactly Slimming World-esque.
Yesterday I had my morning smoothie, a chicken & sweetcorn sandwich, mini chicken kievs and salad and a cream cake & mocha frappacino (eek!!)
Today I have had my morning smoothie, beans on toast and will be indulging in Sunday roast with the family. So yup, tomorrow is a fresh start.

The good news is, I'm down to 12st 1 :)

Had a brilliant time last night at my wee sister's birthday night out. Here are some pics:

1005466_1409494502595608_243544879_n.jpgIMAG2574.jpgIMAG2573.jpgIMAG2564.jpg

Me in my new dress (still rocking the size 14s,woohoo!), Kelly, me & my wee sis (with her long lush legs haha), Karen(my sis) on my nephew's toy car thing haha,me & Jacqui and one of the gorgeous birthday girl in a nice sensible pose lol.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Looks like a fun weekend! :)

B - Banana & frozen berries smoothie (with 200ml ss milk from HExA)
L - 2 x fat free strawberry yogurts & a banana (yog=0.5 syns each)

D - Pasta with chicken in a chopped tomato & cayenne pepper/paprika/chilli powder sauce with a sprinkling of cheese (cheese from HExB)

S - Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (YooMoo - 7 syns approx)

Total calores = 1300 approx
Total syns = 8

I was so pleased to discover that the hot & spicy chicken breast I am adding to my pasta (from Asda) is a free food on slimming world! Haha. Still sitting at 12st 1 today but as always I won't be updating my stats til my official weigh in at the end of the month.

Hope everyone gets off to a good start this week. It's exactly 1 week til I start the Primary Teaching post-grad. Crazy to think that this time next year I'll be nervous about starting my probation year placement! But one step at a time ;)

Hope the teaching goes well next week. I'm sooooo pleased it's soon back to school! :)

Back