A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Tuesday's Food:

B - Banana and summer fruits smoothie (ss milk from HExA)
L - Chicken & tomato sandwich (bread from HExB) and an apple

D - Pork chop with potatoes and red peppers

S - Mocha (7.5 syns) Fruit Pastille Ice Lolly (3 syns)

Total calores = 1400 approx
Total syns = 10.5

Today's Food:

L - Chicken & tomato sandwich (bread from HExB), an apple and low fat fruit yogurt (0.5 syns)

D - Hot & spicy chicken breasts, baked beans and oven chips (2.5 syns)

S - Mocha (7.5 syns) Fruit pastille ice lolly (3 syns)

Total syns = 11

I have become a mocha-fiend the past few days at uni it would seem! And the ice lollies are due to tonsillitis!
First a lung infection, now this - I hope I'm getting all my ill health out the way before the course really kicks off!!

Being very good at not scale hopping! Might have a sneaky peak at the weekend when I am at Calum's as his scales are a tad more reliable but won't update anything til the 25th!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Food looking good. sorry to hear you have tonsilitis! hope you feel better soon :) :hug99:

Hello,

sorry I have been a tad awol. So busy with uni & then been at Calum's this weekend as we had a housewarming and a Christening!

Good news is that as of Sunday I am bang on 12st. Had hoped for a bit more of a loss but taking what I can get at the moment!!

Will try my best to update food diaries again from tomorrow onwards.

Hope you are all well!!

Last edited:
Well done on the loss! :)

L - Spicy chicken wrap (7 syns for wrap) and salt & vinegar snack-a-jacks (5.5 syns)

D - Tuna pasta salad

S - banana

Total syns = 12.5

Next few days will be tricky as I have some of my dad's family visiting from Leeds which will involve going out for dinner at some point. I will try to make the healthiest choices I can though. I know that tomorrow night my mum is just having a wee buffet style thing in the house so I'll be able to be more selective then.

I am slowly getting into the swing of things with uni - just a bit of a shock to the system being back to full time hours!

One good thing is the fact I can use my student card for an 'any access' style gym membership for my county which I might be brave and do!!

Gym??! Now that does sound brave :D

L - Ham salad sandwich (bread from HExB) and angel slice (7.5 syns)

D - Buffet food! I will be sticking to chicken/ham slices, pasta and salad!

Total syns = 7.5

On a break at uni just now. Back in half an hour for a library e-resources tutorial then finish at 4. Off to meet Calum at bus station afterwards and we'll head up to mine together. My dad's side of the family will probably already be there by then, eek! Haven't seen them in over 3 years!!

B - 2 weetabix with mixed berries (ss milk from HExA, weetabix 6.5 syns)
L - Chicken breast slices on wholemeal (bread from HExB) and apple

D - Out for dinner - try to select pasta dish with sauce on side?

Total syns = 6.5+ (to allow for dinner)

Well, that's the family gone now. It was my grandma, aunt and uncle visiting. Was great seeing them - hadn't seen them in 3 years! Won't be leaving it that long again.

Food for the weekend will be updated on Sunday as trying to stay away from non-uni type stuff while online. Work is fair piling up. So have a great weekend everyone!!

Hello everyone!

Not much point in updating my food diary as totally fell off the wagon yesterday :(. Skittles, apple turnover, dairymilk, popcorn, crisps... it wasn't pretty and I'm not proud of myself. It seems like every once in a while I end up caving and having a blow out. And it always coincides with my time of the month but now I'm thinking I just see that as an excuse or a free pass of something. So I'm going to try and get out of this habit.

Today's food is going to be 100%:

B - Banana & strawberry smoothie (ss milk from HExA)
L - Tuna steak with baby potatoes & salad

D - Toast & cheese (from HExB)

Total calores = 1200 approx
Total syns = 0

Having a zero syn day to try and make up for the crazy amount I must have had yesterday!

Hope you are all having a good Sunday!

Good to see you getting back on the wagon again :) Never mind the blowout. I think we all give into cravings sometimes, afterall if we didn't we wouldn't need minis :)

Thanks! I am determined to stay on track. I figure I can be at my goal weight for New Year roughly so fingers crossed I make it!

B - Banana & frozen summer fruits smoothie (ss milk from HExA)
L - Chicken salad sandwich and apple (bread from HExB)

D - Tuna pasta salad

Total calores = 1200 approx
Total syns = 0

B - Banana & frozen summer fruits smoothie (ss milk from HExA)
L - Tuna mayo sandwich, apple and choc digestive (bread from HExB, 4syns for biccie)

D - Homemade burger (no bun), salad & baby potatoes

Total calores = 1300 approx
Total syns = 4

I have my first PE class tomorrow in about 10 years haha. We need to do it as part of our curriculum planning before we go out on school placements. I don't think it will be anything too hardcore to begin with, just games and dance maybe. But the session lasts 2 hours so that'll be my exercise for tomorrow sorted!!

Less than 2 weeks til my first placement now. It's only a mini one though - 10 days 'observation' placement at the school we will have our first proper placement in next month (for 5 weeks, eek!) so I hope I get a school within easy commute since I don't drive!

Hope you are all having a good week so far.

Made myself a big batch of tuna and beetroot pasta earlier to use as lunch at uni for the rest of the week. I've taken a packed lunch every day so far :)

B - 2 weetabix (ss milk from HExA, weetabix HExB)
L - Tuna and beetroot pasta (2 syns for mayo)

D - Hot & spicy chicken breast with rice

Total syns = 2

Im loving reading your diary x
All the best with the placement!! :)
How much have you lost so far on calorie count / sW?? I have been so bad off plan since may! But truly back on it now xx am abt on 1700 calories. Cant decide to weather do weekly weigh ins or monthlys!! Hmmm!! :)
Look fwd to reading moreee xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

aww your doing fab with sticking with it in uni i completely caved when peopled asked me to go for lunch.

your course sounds very full on. is it comp your going to teach?

sarah xx

Thank you all!!

I've actually only lost around 2.5 stone over the course of a year. My losses were quick to start then I hit a plateau, as most do. However, I feel as though I've lost more in the sense that my body shape feels slimmer and I feel much fitter. I'd like to lose another few stone to take me in to the healthy BMI weight range and see how I feel there. I think I'd rather be at the top end of healthy but I guess I'll see how I feel once I get there!! I recommend monthly weigh ins but it's each to their own really - just figure out what works best for you. I feel I am more apt to stay on track the whole 4 weeks rather than weigh weekly and fall off the wagon if I get a gain/sts one week. I'm sure you'll be fine now - you've decided to get back on track so you've made the first step! And we're all here to support you :)

And yup, it'll be comp primary schools. I could apply for jobs in private schools after I qualify but I don't think I will. The Scottish government guarantee a job for the year after we graduate which is really good, it takes the stress off a bit knowing that (if I pass!) I have a job waiting for me.

Off to catch up on your diaries now! xx

Thank you all!!

I've actually only lost around 2.5 stone over the course of a year. My losses were quick to start then I hit a plateau, as most do. However, I feel as though I've lost more in the sense that my body shape feels slimmer and I feel much fitter. I'd like to lose another few stone to take me in to the healthy BMI weight range and see how I feel there. I think I'd rather be at the top end of healthy but I guess I'll see how I feel once I get there!! I recommend monthly weigh ins but it's each to their own really - just figure out what works best for you. I feel I am more apt to stay on track the whole 4 weeks rather than weigh weekly and fall off the wagon if I get a gain/sts one week. I'm sure you'll be fine now - you've decided to get back on track so you've made the first step! And we're all here to support you :)

And yup, it'll be comp primary schools. I could apply for jobs in private schools after I qualify but I don't think I will. The Scottish government guarantee a job for the year after we graduate which is really good, it takes the stress off a bit knowing that (if I pass!) I have a job waiting for me.

Off to catch up on your diaries now! xx

Fabulous! The secure job thing sounds awesome xx it really does take off the added stress. I just finished my level 3 diploma which qualifies me to work as a early years practitioner/nursery nurse. Which means im now looking for a full time job but i may considef doing PGCe like yourself in the future x will see :) hope u enjoy every bit of it! X
I am truly back and without ur support ita nothibg xx
I look fwd to reading up on your losses and how fab u will do xx mwah

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back