A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

I barely eat any fruit >.< veg I'm okay with but just eating fruit doesn't appeal to me even though I like fruit haha. I like novelty fruit like black cherries :)

As long as we continue to lose weight i suppose that's all that matters. I can focus more on fruit and veg once i am out of my bingeing habit good and proper...one step at a time.

I sometimes find it difficult to get my 5 a day in as well. Been one of my mini-challenges lately, to try and eat more fruit/veg. I definitely prefer mixing my fruit with something - be it smoothie style or through some cereal/in a fruit salad. I rarely just sit and eat an apple or whatever. Not sure why! haha.

I think smoothies might work for me, it's something i could drink at work on reception too, so i could be full most of the working shift. I gave my smoothie maker away though so might have to buy a new one. x

It'd be a good investment, Panda! I think I'm gonna start being a bit more adventurous with my smoothies. Maybe try a tropical one or something haha.x

I'm buying a used one tomorrow depending on budgeting for £10, it's a Tesco brand apparently. lol

Morning guys!

Just a quick update as I'm rather busy today. Have work 10.30-2.30 then zooming home to get changed for my interview this afternoon. My aunt is picking me up at 3.15. Interview is at 4, should last around 20 mins. Then my boyfriend is coming to stay for the weekend, should be here around 6pm.

B - Banana, strawberry and blueberry smoothie 336
L - Ham salad sandwich on wholemeal bread (only ate a half, interview nerves lol)
D - Homemade lamb curry with rice
and 1/2 a naan bread 632

Others: orange juice at 99cal, 2 litres water.
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,251

Quite a big dinner (cal-wise) but still within my limits so it's all good!

Over and out!

Last edited:
Good luck :D xxxxx

Thanks Panda. I think it went well. Find out by the end of next week - same time frame as finding out about the PGDE primary teaching course!! It really is all go at the moment...
Just gonna tally up my calories for today and update the original post. My lovely wee daddy made me a sandwich while I got ready for the interview so I managed to have something for lunch :).

xxx

What was the interview like then? Just basic like normal ones?

I've woke pretty depressed today but did something productive and don't feel AS bad now. x

Yeah, just asked why I wanted to work for the company, what I feel I could bring to the company, tell them about a time I've worked to deadlines/under pressure/in a team etc. Nothing too difficult.

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling 100% today :(. It's sometimes hard to get out of a rut when you wake up in such a low mood so doing something productive is good!! I've been on a fair few anti-depressants/been to counselling over the past 7 years. I don't take any meds now but I still get *off* days so I know how tough they can be. Hope you feel loads better tomorrow!!xxx

People say I'm okay to have an off week but funny enough I don't feel like I am allowed it. I've had two days doing normal but sit on sofa, today I was paid (£80!) terrible lol. I am struggling now resisting eating..

Do you find you are a comfort eater? I used to be. Can still be at times. But if I felt like eating junk I'd always make sure I had plenty fruit in instead. And if I felt I was going to eat out of boredom I would actively choose to do something else - like paint my nails or do a word search etc.

I don't really know, I eat to feel better... Late night is my most challenging time if alone... sometimes i eat food in the kitchen away from my OH so he doesn't know :/ I'm the only one who can change this 'cycle' but it's hard when I can just eat a piece of chocolate... I'm a grazer I know that, I'm happiest eating, last night I calorie budgeted for 2 poptarts 400cal and a bag of graze popcorn 93cal for a bag... so the popcorn was the best, took me a lot longer to eat.

:)

Calorie budgeting for sweet treats is probably something I should look into! Although my diary for today is no so good...haha x

Hello :)

I've had a wee bit of an off day today. Got off to a good start with my usual smoothie breakfast and half an hour of Dance Central. Then walked in to town (40 min walk) with my boyfriend which is where it all turned sour - we caved in and went for lunch to the World Food Buffet. I did have a starter, main AND dessert but I kept my portion sizes small. I've factored it all in, calorie counted up and am still *just* within my calorie limit of 1,400. But I can feel another bout of Dance Central coming on tonight haha.

Best get on with it:

B - Banana, Blueberries and Strawberries smoothie 336
L - World Food Buffet Lunch: Starter+main 679 / Dessert 380
D - Nothing after that lunch!! hahaha.

Others: 2 litres water.
Exercise: Half hour walk, half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,395

Delights of my lunch included chicken pakora(2 pieces),
veg pakora(2 pieces),a soup-spoonful of rice,a soup-spoonful of lamb curry,a soup-spoonful of prawns,half a plate of mixed salad leaves (to ease the guilt?!haha),a forkful of noodles and half a poppadom. Dessert side of things saw me eat 3 marshmallows at the chocolate fountain,a few spoonfuls of mandarins,1 profiterole and the tiniest wee cube of rocky road - it was like the size of a 50 pence piece!! This was all around 5 hours ago and I still feel soooo full. Definitely no room for dinner...not that the calories would allow anyway haha.

Anyway, I'm not gonna beat myself up about my off-day because I feel I have been doing well lately and there's no point in regrets. What's done is done and tomorrow is a new day.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

Over and out!

Hi Erin

All sounds so yummy and the important thing is that you enjoyed it.

Think about it though, you have probably burned a good few calories with that exercise so have really only had about 1000 calories i reckon. This is actually really low and i would definitely still have supper if i fancied it!

xx

I am so bad for not eating back my exercise calories!!

Morning everyone!

Reporting in today (official weigh day!) with a loss of 2lbs. I had lost this by mid-week but I know from my daily scale-hopping that I'd fluctuated and gone back up to 13st at one point! I'm having a lot of trouble with my contraceptive pill. It got changed in November due to high blood pressure and I've basically been spotting ever since (sorry for the overshare!) but I think this week has been my actual * week as have been crampy and feeling a bit bloated. So I'm not going to get disheartened. And I'm definitely going to try my best NOT to scale hope this week and ONLY weigh in on Sunday mornings!!

Onto the food-stuffs!

B - Banana and blueberries smoothie 288
L - Buffet/party food at a Christening 716
D - Nothing!!

Others: 2 litres water, a few alcoholic beverages at 467 cals!
Exercise: Half hour walk, half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,471

I have a friend's son's Christening today. It's at 12 noon so I can't really have lunch before I go because I'll still be full from my breakfast smoothie! So I will be having some buffet food and a few drinks. I'll be sensible though and not go overboard. I also don't generally drink alcohol because I have a slight intolerance to some kinds - I can literally only have 4,maybe 5 drinks at most and I'll get a mega burning feeling in my tummy and my face flushes really badly. So will have a few vodka and cranberries and then switch to diet coke.

Will tally up the calorie count later and update.

Hope you are all having a nice, relaxing Sunday :).

Over and out!

Last edited:
Hellooo!

The Christening was good yesterday. I only had a few drinks and buffet-wise I had a few chicken nuggets, 1 roll and sausage, an iced donut and a handful of crisps. But as you can see from my updated post above, it all adds up!! I felt full enough to skip on dinner though so was only a little over calories for the day. Plus I had a fair few boogies on the dance floor as well as walking and playing Dance Central in the morning so I'm not all that worried. I've even resisted the urge to jump on the scales this morning! I am 100% only going to weigh in on Sunday this week.

Not feeling too great today. My tummy isn't too happy with the upheaval over the weekend food-wise (what with the world food buffet then the Christening!) so I'm taking it easy today and getting right back on track.

So let's go!!

B - Banana and raspberry smoothie 269
L - Homemade minestrone soup and slice of bread 267
D - Fish and oven chips with peas 265

Others: 2 litres water, orange juice at 99 cal,lucozade at 140 cal.
Exercise: Half hour Dance Central.

Total calories: 1,045

That gives me some calories left over if I want some sort of dessert or something later. Probably going to find it a struggle to eat all I have planned today since I am feeling a bit icky.

Hope everyone else is having a good start to their week!

Over and out!

Back