A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Thank you very much :) Hope you are getting on well these days!

Placement is going ok so far. I'm taking the kids for a Halloween writing/drawing lesson today. Half the class will write a description of a monster and the other half will try to draw the monster using the description - with lots of spooky stories and poems read in between. This will be my 4th lesson and although none of them have been a disaster I still have a lot to improve on. I was on the phone crying to Calum on Tuesday night (only day 2 of placement!) because of the amount of paperwork involved. It just all seems unmanageable at the minute although I am *just* keeping on top of things.

Diet has gone awol. I am too anxious/nervous to eat in the mornings so breakfast is out the window. Yesterday's menu looked like so:

10.30am - banana
12.15pm - ham & tomato sandwich and an apple
5.40pm - mince, tatties, peas & green beans

Which isn't too bad I guess but I know how important breakfast is. Today will be:

10.30am - banana
12.15pm - ham & tomato sandwich and an apple
6.30pm - sweet chilli chicken with rice

Still averaging around 1200 calories per day but my routine eating is way off :(

Keep at it hun! Luckily you have a fabulous fella to keep you smiling. Sometimes things can be totally overwhelming but sounds me to (paperwork aside) placement is going well!

Keep doing what your doing! Hugs! X

Thanks MrsP!!

I've literally had no time to gym it this week. Am thinking about freezing my membership for a month til placement is over.

Had a peak at the scales earlier and am down 4lbs since Monday which would be great if I wasn't so sure it is down to stress/anxiety rather than CC and healthy eating :(

Hello everyone,

I am now 6lbs down in a week and still don't have a proper appetite. If my nerves don't settle down soon I am not sure how I can possibly hope to have a career in teaching :(. I nearly threw up yesterday morning and everything. I have my tutor crit date now too - 21st of November, after interval. That's 2 weeks tomorrow...eek.

Diet has been like so for most of the past week and a half:

B - nothing as I feel too ill.
L - half a sandwich, piece of fruit if I can manage.
D - half of whatever my dad makes me as I am too busy with paperwork to make anything myself!

And as for my water intake, you're lucky if I'm managing half a litre per day.

It's mine and Calum's 5 year anniversary on Saturday so that's something to look forward to. We're going to Stirling for the weekend so he'll drive up on Friday and pick me up on the way. Feels like aaaages since I saw him. It's only been 9 days but it feels like so much longer.

Anyway, hope you are all getting on well!

Aw sorry to hear you are stressed. I honestly think it will improve as time goes on, it is still very early days!

Hope you feel better soon - as you say, probably just nerves. Happy anniversary for you and Calum on Saturday (btw that's my 11 year wedding anniversary!) Try to get your water intake up at least though! :)

Just a quick pop-in to say that Calum proposed at the weekend!! I am still in shock. Obviously I said yes :).
The celebratory food & drink has caused that 6lb loss to become a 3lb loss but hey ho, too happy to care at the minute!

Awww, congratulations!

Congratulations :)

Lyndsey

Thank you everyone!! Still on Cloud 9 at the minute :).

B - banana
S - cereal bar
L - tuna pasta
S - yogurt
D - Grilled chicken and veg

Approx 1200 calories.

Hello everyone!!

I'm marking my official WI for this month as -1lb as I weighed myself today and am sitting at 11st 13lbs. But hey, that's mini goal #1 achieved (even if only just!) aaand, I bought a pair of size 14 skinny jeans that I wouldn't necessarily say fit 100% comfortably but they aren't exactly uncomfortably tight either so I've marked that target as an 'amber' for now in my signature.

Here's a sneaky wee pic of my engagement ring:

1397515_10151786244891188_2117884307_o.jpg

I am well aware this isn't a wedding forum though so I'll get on to the food stuffs:

B - yogurt bar and an apple
S - grapes
L - BBQ chicken panini & salad
D - Tuna pasta salad

I was at the school in service day at my placement school today and we all went out for lunch hence the panini! It was good though :). Everything is still chockablock with placement so getting on here whenever I can manage a wee 5 mins. Got my tutor visit/crit assessment thingy on Thursday - sooooo nervous! Next week is my last week on placement so hopefully be a bit more up to speed with things on here then.

Hope you are all well!

Erin - massive congrats on being in the 11s- you are doing so so well! The ring is lovely! You must be so excited! When will you start thinking about dates and logistics etc?

:woohoo: Well done on escaping from the 12's! You must be over the moon :D Beautiful ring too!

Thank you both :)

Wedding will be summer 2015 at the earliest...which really isn't all that far away. I want to get my probation teaching year out of the way first. Plus it gives Calum some time to properly get his career sorted. And (hopefully!) enough time to save up the funds for the big day!

Morning all...

today is my tutor visit assessment at school placement. I am so incredibly nervous. The first person on the course had her crit last week and at the beginning of her lesson a wee boy threw up everywhere! I can see something similar happening except it will be that potentially throws up :(

B - nothing, too anxious!
L - ham and tomato sandwich and banana
S - yogurt
D - unsure yet.

So glad it is the weekend. My tutor visit lesson was a disaster, behaviour-wise. Not every kid but it is a difficult class at the best of times and it felt like they kept their worst behaviour for that particular hour. So much so that I was in tears by the time it came to chat to my tutor - she was prepared with tissues though so it must happen a lot! She assured me it wasn't a disaster, that my lesson planning and delivery etc was fine and that in terms of professional standards I am exactly where I should be. She also reminded me that I had only been teaching for less than 4 weeks which is really no time at all. I went through all the protocol with behaviour management but was told I was sanctioning the bad behaviour a little too much when I should have been rewarding the good - which was hard to do as it was difficult to spot in the riot :(. The kids must have known they were especially over the top though as a lot of them wrote me sorry notes during their lunch break.

Anyway. Not the end of the world. I have my feedback report and there are positives - I just really need to work on my behaviour management strategies, keep going and not let this little setback beat me.

Food-wise today is the following:

B - toast, beans and scrambled egg
L - homemade chicken noodle soup
D - Grilled tuna steak with side salad
Snacks - apple and banana

Approx 1400 calories today.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!

Sorry to hear the lesson didn't go too well, but things will get better I'm sure :)

Thanks. I am remaining positive and funnily enough the little darlings are behaving much better this week. Sod's law it had to be the day of my tutor visit that they were climbing the walls!

Back