A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Needless to say my absence from the forum has been due to the hectic schedule of Christmas! It also means I've been well and truly off the wagon - never fails this time of year!! And am back to report a 2014 start weight of
12st 3lbs
!!
But you know what? It's not the end of the world and if I can get myself down another 2 dress sizes this year then it's all good. Like I said before, no rush - I want to keep the weight off this time and gradually seems to be working in my favour.

Hope you all had a fab festive season. Here's a pic of me & my Mr all done up for the Bells:

1546143_1444895705722154_1442186959_n.jpg

Despite the gain in lbs I felt quite good in this dress - and my bingo wings are surely going!!

Officially starting again tomorrow so will be back then to keep you all updated. Off to have a wee nose at your diaries now!

Happy New Year everyone!

Needless to say my absence from the forum has been due to the hectic schedule of Christmas! It also means I've been well and truly off the wagon - never fails this time of year!! And am back to report a 2014 start weight of
12st 3lbs
!!
But you know what? It's not the end of the world and if I can get myself down another 2 dress sizes this year then it's all good. Like I said before, no rush - I want to keep the weight off this time and gradually seems to be working in my favour.

Hope you all had a fab festive season. Here's a pic of me & my Mr all done up for the Bells:

View attachment 118050

Despite the gain in lbs I felt quite good in this dress - and my bingo wings are surely going!!

Officially starting again tomorrow so will be back then to keep you all updated. Off to have a wee nose at your diaries now!

What a gorgeous picture! Your dress is lovely, you should frame that photo xx

Hi Erin, hope you've recovered from new years :)

Thanks everyone :)

I should manage to update every day from here on now that I am back at uni and settling into a routine. Food today looks like so:

B - Cereal bar (I slept in so it was a grab and go situation!)
L - Sushi
D - Tuna pasta salad
Snacks: honeydew melon, semi skimmed milk to drink

Approx - 1300 calories.

I had a PE input at uni first thing this morning (2 hours of football/basketball warm-ups & mini games!) so that's my exercise for the day - plus the walking to/from uni. Still need to get my water intake up to scratch but am off to an ok start.

Onwards & downwards!

Morning all!

Just about to head to uni but a quick update before I go. Today's menu:

B - porridge with banana (made with water and a dash of ss milk)
L - sweet chilli noodles with cherry tomatoes
D - mince & tatties (portion controlled!) with carrots & sprouts
Snacks - apple,grape & strawberry fruit pack

Approx 1400 calories for the day. And looking to get at least 2 litres of water in as well!

Hope you all have a fab day.

Food sounds great for today! Have a great day!:)

Food looks fantastic Erin, you eat really balanced meals across the day such a good way to do it x

Thank you both! Food is going as planned today but only half a litre of water down...so best get gulping!!

Evening all!!

Another day down and going well:

B - fruit salad and yogurt cereal bar
L - tuna & sweetcorn sandwich on brown bread
D - tuna pasta with bay leaf salad
Snacks - grapes
Water intake: 2.25litres so far ;)

A little bit carb-heavy what with the bread at lunch and pasta at dinner time but at least I'm not stuffing my face with junk!

I'm meant to be weighing monthly but I might take a sneak peak after the weekend to see how things are coming along xx

Happy to report a loss of 3lbs!! Forgot I had scheduled to weigh in today - just noticed in my signature haha! That's me at 12st on the dot, hopefully be back into the 11s again by next weigh in. Definitely going to try my hardest to stick to my planned 4-weekly weigh ins, hard as that might be!!

Today has gone well so far:

B - cereal bar and grapes
L - baked potato with reduced fat cheddar and homemade coleslaw
D - fresh salmon in lemon and garlic with a side salad
Snacks - banana
Water intake: 1 litre down, another to go (but the night is still young!)

Off to update my stats :D

Happy weekend everyone! I'm off out to a birthday gathering at a friend's house tonight which will involve wine. I only bought one bottle ('only' haha!) and will work my butt off over the next week to combat the naughtiness.

Food wise today:

B - fruit salad
L - low fat sausages on wholemeal bread
D - sweet chilli chicken with rice
Snacks: wine! possible party nibbles though will try my best haha

Approx calories: 2000+ most likely :(

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Morning everyone.

I had a great time last night. Didn't get in til 4am haha. Stuck to my one bottle of wine but had a wee apple vodka with cranberry juice courtesy of my cousin. It was really nice! Food-wise I did end up going on a party nibble binge (2 slice of pizza, a pitta bread with homemade curry (so gooood!), 2 mini sausage rolls and a bit of birthday cake!) but hey ho, right back on it for the week ahead. All is well.

Today's food:

B - porridge with raisins
L - homemade soup
D - gammon with potatoes & veg
Snacks - banana
Water intake: aiming for 2 litres, none so far lol

Approx 1300 calories

Well done on the loss. Sounds like a fun weekend!

Thank you :)

Having an issue with my next school placement. I am due to go to a different school for an upper placement and have a pre-visit on Thursday (actual 5 week placement starts on 27th) so phoned the school to ask when to arrive etc. Deputy head said she had no information on me going there! Then the head phoned back and said she had heard about me but couldn't put me in the primary 6, 6/7 or 7 class due to them all already having student teachers so it'll be primary 5 I go into. I just had a middle placement in a p4/5 before Christmas! So no clue what will happen with that. Totally stressing out, not sure if I *need* an upper placement to pass the course but I would like one as I think it'll be beneficial. Urgh.

Anyway. Food today has been good:

B - banana and grapes
L - baked potato with tuna, reduced fat cheddar and salad
D - pork stir-fry with veg
Water intake: 2 litres
Snacks - raisins

Back