A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

That sounds very frustrating! Hope it all gets sorted out for you :D

Well done on the 3lb loss. Here to subscribe.

Hello everyone.

Been a bit busy uni-wise lately. Had my pre-visit to next placement school today. I am going into primary 5 but I'm going to have one afternoon a week in one of the upper stage classes too. The school shares its campus with a school for the deaf so will get the chance to spend some time in there too and also a half day in the nursery (which is a mix of both hearing and hearing-impaired children) as I will be spending a few weeks there during my final placement in April/May.

Food has been going well the last few days:

Weds:
B - toast & boiled egg
L - baked potato with tuna & reduced fat cheddar
D - Grilled pork-chop with green beans, onions, peppers and side salad
Snacks - banana
Water - 2 litres

Today:

B - banana (bit nervous to eat much more due to placement school visit!)
L - ham & coleslaw on wholemeal bread
D - Ham tagliatelle with veg through it
Snacks - WW yogurt
Water - 2 litres

So either on or under my 1400 calories daily-intake limit.

Hope you are all doing well.

At least the placement is sorted now. Must be relieving. Well done on your food choices. :D

Ok so Saturday was a write-off as it was my friend's birthday and we went to this awesome BBQ Grill diner that serves Man V Food style portions! I had this double cheeseburger with pulled pork and salad, 1 sweet bbq chicken wing, 1 scotch bonnet chicken wing, a handful of garlic fries and a kopperberg! :(

Definitely going to be good today. I have to dash to uni. Have my maths exam....eek!! But will update later. Hope you all had a better weekend than me!

Hope the maths exam goes well! :D

Sounds tasty Erin! I ate a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's over the course of the weekend ! Very naughty (but very delicious)!
Good luck with the exam :)

Thank you both! I got 80% for the knowledge part and 95% for the methodology part. *phew*

I've slightly tumbled off the wagon this week since the BBQ feast and haven't been able to get back on 100%. I really think I would benefit from joining a slimming group like SW or WW but I just don't have the time to attend classes :(.

Today's food:

B - granola with ss milk
L - toast, beans, 1 slice bacon, 1 link sausage, 1 potato scone (!!!)
D - Singapore noodles & veg
Water - 0 litres :(

Tomorrow is a new day. Plus when I start my 5 week placement next week I will be in more of a routine with my eating times, so that's a good thing.

Well don on passing :). Know what you mean about life being hectic! You'll get back to it soon though :)

B - Granola cereal with ss milk
L - sweet chilli noodles & veg
D - tuna pasta salad
Snack - banana
Water - 2 litres

Approx - 1300 calories today.

Great menu today Erin. I Love sweet chilli anything! :D

B - granola cereal with ss milk
L - tuna pasta
D - WW ready meal of some sort
snacks - plum, Go Ahead thin crisp bar

approx 1400 calories for today.

No worries Rach - I know how busy you are! Placement starts Monday for 5 weeks - eek! So I'll probably not be online much. I'll try and do weekly updates at least!

B - WW yogurt with banana & grapes
L - heinz macaroni & wholemeal toast
D - WW chilli con carne ready meal
Snacks - Apple flapjack
Water: 2 litres

It's my stupid TOTM so I'm all bloated & lbs up - I always put on half a stone approx but it must just be bloat cause as soon as TOTM is over I go right back down. Frustrating though so not weighing while it is here lol.

Viewing a wedding venue tomorrow morning. Unfortunately Calum can't make it so taking mum instead. If I like it then I'll book an appointment with the wedding coordinator for myself & Calum sometime over the next few weeks to discuss the finer details. Also waiting on an email back from another venue about going to view it! Eeeeek!

Hi Erin, I've seen you on Moonwatcher's diary and just had a nose at your youtube video - my sister also studied English Lit and is now doing her PGCE

Well done on the 3lb loss on your first WI and good luck with the rest of your diet : )

Hello, thanks for stopping by :). How is your sister getting on with the course? It's a tough year but halfway through so gotta keep trudging on :p

Hope you are having a good weekend - food-wise and fun-wise!

Morning/almost afternoon!

First wedding venue has been successfully viewed and I love it! They only have Thursdays available for next summer but obviously any day would suit me as I'll be on my first proper teacher summer holiday haha. The other venue got back via email and I am going to view it on Monday evening. Then I can decide which one to go for. Calum trusts my judgement haha. Obviously when I have provisionally booked a venue he will come see it and we'll discuss all the finer details with the wedding coordinator. It's getting very exciting now!!

B - WW yogurt & banana/strabwerries
L - homemade soup (lentil & veg)
D - ???

I'm going through to Glasgow for dinner & drinks tonight with some friends so it's not going to be a very good end to the day. However, I am going to climb back on the wagon properly from Monday when placement starts. I've made a spreadsheet of weeks from now til my graduation the first week in July and if I lose 2lb a week I could potentially get down to 9st 5lbs. I'm not sure if I want to go that low again, 10st is the sort of ball part figure I have in my mind to get to then see how I feel. Just gonna take it each weigh in at a time...

Hope you are all having a fab weekend!!

Hello, thanks for stopping by :). How is your sister getting on with the course? It's a tough year but halfway through so gotta keep trudging on :p

Hope you are having a good weekend - food-wise and fun-wise!

Hi, yes she is finding it tough too, I was surprised by the amount of work she has got. She has just finished a placement and is back at uni from Monday. She took a year out after her degree and worked as a classroom assistant. I think she wants to be a special needs teacher at some point.

Hope you have a nice weekend too : )

Last night's dinner was haggis, neeps & tatties (I should have guessed what with it being Burns Night and all haha.) I had a suitably modest portion but the drinks probs pushed me into crazy calories (see 4 x cans of strongbow, 2 x berry magners cider!)

Today's food has gone like so:

B - nothing.
L - nothing.
D - roast ham, potatoes & peas with some gravy
Water intake - 0!!

Not even hungover really, just feel sick & nervy about starting placement tomorrow. I hate the uncertainty of it all. The fact I can plan and plan til I am blue in the face but that doesn't mean things will go accordingly. I just need to do my best and hope it's enough.

Sorry for the slightly blue-sounding post. Haha.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Back