A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Funny how things don't always go to plan, but chin up. It's a new week :D

Thank you both.

My first day actually went really well. However, I am close to breaking point already with the amount of paperwork involved. It is beyond insane and so bloody time consuming. Needs must though, eh? Placement nerves/anxiety have stumped my appetite a bit:

B - WW yogurt
L - a quarter of a tuna sandwich!, WW yogurt
D - nothing as yet.
Snack - half a cereal bar
Water - 1 litre

Off to view another wedding venue at 7pm. That'll break up the paperwork nicely.

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Placement is draining me.

Tues:
B - nothing
L - chicken sandwich with light mayo on brown bread
D - 1/2 a baked potato with cheese, salad, ham, coleslaw
Sn - banana
Water - 1/2 a litre

Approx - 1200 calories for the day. Need to up my water again!

Weds:
B - nothing
L - ham & coleslaw on brown bread
D - roast chicken, potatoes, green beans
Sn - banana
Water: 1/2 a litre

Approx - 1100 calories for the day. Again, more water is needed!

I feel too anxious/sick in mornings to eat breakfast although today I am forcing:

B - WW yogurt
D - WW lasagne ready meal
Sn - banana
Water - aim for 2 litres

This is only gonna be around 800 calories :(. I've gone down 4lbs since Monday, which is worrying. I know it is the stress.My class teacher is overly critical, negative with her comments and not very supportive at all. Luckily the class have one of the PTs on a Wednesday who is lovely so I got some decent feedback with positives and points to improve. Not just basically 'you're ****.' with no advice on how to improve! I won't be recording my weight til Feb 7th. Still gonna aim for monthly WI at the mo.

Hope you are all well.

Ohh that sounds so horrible. I totally know the feeling of dread for work and its the worst :( Feel for you. Food looks great and don't beat yourself up about missing breakfast or water. Yogurt is a great idea, even a small one and remember teas and the water content in fruit and veg etc is also hydrating your body. Hope things get better at work soon. Do you have someone you can talk to regarding the poor mentoring/feedback from your class teacher?

That sounds awful. Sounds like one of the teachers my son had - never had anything good to say about anything! Can't stand her! Hope things improve for you soon :)

Thank you both for your kind words.

The deputy head acts as student mentor for all B.Ed/PGDE folk so I am guessing I could talk to her about it.
I think she might be wanting a wee update meeting with me tomorrow so I'll maybe drop in a few things during that.

Today's food:

B - WW yogurt
L - ham & coleslaw sandwich on brown bread
D - roast beef, potatoes, cauliflower & broccoli
Sn - banana
Other: 2 cups of coffee, 1 cup of tea! (oops)

Approx 1200 calories

Hello everyone. Happy weekend! I'm now down 6lbs since Monday...still won't be recording my weight until next weekend as planned but I feel awful at the minute.

Friday food:
B - nothing
D - mini steakpie, potatoes & green beans
Sn - banana
Water: 1 litre (getting there again!)

Approx 1100 calories

Today:
B - french toast
L - 2 LF sausages & syn free chips
D - ???

It's a family friend's 40th birthday party tonight and I am taking the evening off for that. For the sake of my own sanity more than anything else. Was told by the DH yesterday that my file is basically s---t and paperwork needs to be much more detailed. I'm following uni exemplars to a tee. I'm not a long-standing fully qualified member of staff - I'm a student teacher with only 6 weeks of practice under my belt. I think they are failing to remember that. :( I just feel the expectations in terms of paperwork are going to impact on the quality of my lessons - I'm up past midnight as it is, I cannot physically or mentally cope with making anything any more detailed!! I think I've developed some sort of stress-induced dyslexia (if that is even possible!) as I'm seeing words with the last few letters mixed up.
I'm just sooooo stressed and anxious all the time. Not because of the kids, the class are brilliant and I enjoy my teaching time with them. *sigh*

Sorry, this is turning into a complete moan fest.

Morning everyone.

Dreading going back to placement today but needs must. Only 17 days left (thanks to the Feb weekend!)

B - nothing
L - ham sandwich
D - WW lasagne
Sn - banana
Water: aiming for 2 litres

Approx 800 calories for today. Will try and add something else in.

Hopefully things will improve. Paperwork - :yuk: I have just spent the morning trying to find the national curriculum - England has over 400 pages between it's general guidelines and individual subject areas guidelines. Scotland's just says there is no statuary learning goals - so you basically make it up yourself. Either way, this is probably why you have so much paperwork to do!! Hope the stress eases soon. How long have you got left on placement now?

Haha, yeah it is the good ol' Scottish Curriculum for Excellence that I am trying to implement. I finish this placement on Feb 27th then back to uni for a month then have my final placement (in early primary&nursery) April 4th to Mid-may and I'm done! So much to do/learn so little time! How is the OU course going?

I ended up not having time for lunch today so have had a rather big dinner of homemade curry & rice. Probably still works out at 800 calories for that one meal haha.

OU work is getting there! Feeling the pressure with so many assignments at the moment in such quick sucession, but 17 more weeks and it will all be over again :) At least it's not too long to go for you on this current placement, and hopefully the next one will be better :) Dinner sounds yummy!

Hello!

Placement is still tough going but I am getting there slowly but surely.

Official weigh in today and I am 7lbs down and managing to eat almost normally again. Just hope the weight doesn't creep back up!

WOW half a stone! Fantastic! Glad things are getting easier at work. Take care

Amazing loss Erin! Have a great day! :)

Hey , just popping in to say I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Although I wish I would at times. Still having major issues with my CT on placement. It is making me a nervous wreck. I know I have improved in my teaching, class management etc from my last placement but whatever I do just doesn't seem to be good enough for her.

Eating has had more ups and downs than ever this past week. From all out binges to hardly a thing some days. :(

Oh, that's not so good. :( At least there's only 2 weeks left now though! Bet you're counting down the days :) Chin up, and have a great valentines day!

Is there anyone else at the school you could talk to about it? She may think she is doing you a favour by being extra strict about what she expects from you. On the other hand of course she may just be a *****. I work in a high school/college as an LSA, so I know how school politics can be sometimes but also know how it can help just finding out that she is like that with everyone and that it is not personal to you. You don"t have to say too much as you don't want to drop yourself in it - just a casual 'So has X been doing this for long? Phew! She's a hard task master!' might be enough to get a bit of reassurance from others. You can sit and listen and then finish off with a positive like 'Hmm. Of course, it is important that she expects the absolute best out of us!'

Woo - that went on a bit. Chin up!

Thank you both.

I've had a chat with the deputy head and she has assured me she can see how hard I've been working and that she will be in on the meeting with my tutor too etc. I'm feeling a bit more positive.

Going to try my best to get back on track food wise this week. I don't want to let this undo all my hard work so far!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Back