A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

Subscribing to you diary then I can find you easily and will read through your diary later.

:) Hope this new placement works out better.:) Arms looking fab - so motivating to see results :)

Just been reading your diary and actually laughed out loud at the Christmas Market comments about the food - the kind of thing I do, all good intentions until it gets to the time. We are going to the Ideal Home Exhibition in London on Friday and I am taking my food with me and am not going to eat anything else :cry:no matter what I am offered.
(yeah).

At least you are making an attempt to take sensible food with you...maybe this weekend you will surprise yourself and be able to resist temptation!!

My placement school pre-visit went well today. The staff seem really supportive and will basically do all they can to help me pass this final placement, which is great.

Food today:

B - nothing (too nervous about going to new school, damn anxiety!)
L - ham sandwich on brown bread & a muller light yogurt
D - tuna pasta salad
Sn - banana
Water - 1 litre so far , hopefully 2 by bed time!

A little low on calories (around 1000) due to skipping breakfast so I might have some crackers and pate for supper later.

B - muller light
L - toast & pate
D - homemade chicken enchiladas
Water - 2 litres

Approx 1000 calories again but that'll be bumped up with a few alcoholic beverages this evening. Family&friends girlie night in at my aunt's neighbour's. Then tomorrow I'm off out for a few drinks to celebrate a uni mate's birthday... so not exactly a squeaky clean weekend diet-wise :(

B - muller light
L - toast & pate
D - homemade chicken enchiladas
Water - 2 litres

Approx 1000 calories again but that'll be bumped up with a few alcoholic beverages this evening. Family&friends girlie night in at my aunt's neighbour's. Then tomorrow I'm off out for a few drinks to celebrate a uni mate's birthday... so not exactly a squeaky clean weekend diet-wise :(

Sounds like you're doing well. Don't worry too much about the weekend. I always loosen the strictness on my diet over the weekend! :) xx

Enjoy you're weekend! Sounds fun :)

Hello everyone.

Life is hectic at the moment. Currently off on Easter hols (not that it is much of a hol, have lessons to plan and my dissertation to finish!) and will have only 13 teaching days of this final placement left when I return! Then a 9 day nursery placement straight after that and I'm done! Cannot believe how quickly this year has gone...

Diet has not been going well at all lately. No idea what I currently weigh as scales need new batteries but my guess is I'm back up again. :( My new goal is to lose at least a stone by the end of May for my Grad Ball. Short-term goal to give me something to focus on.

It's my little sister's engagement party on the 18th. I'm gonna wear one of my old faves - red halterneck chiffon dress. Tried it on last night and actually feel pretty good in it. If I can drop a few lbs by the party then all the better.

Hope you are all well and doing better than me!!

I know what you mean about being busy! These easter holidays are even busier than usual weeks at the moment! Hope you get everything done! And I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time :)

Thank you everyone. I am sort of back on track but not been 100%. This essay is killing me... only 500 words left to do though, thank goodness!
Just thought I'd pop on and post this pic of my new dress. It's a total body-con, all lumps & bumps on show affair so I am hoping it will motivate me to keep on track so I can feel confident enough to wear it out the house!

cherry4.jpg

Hope you are all well!

Thank you everyone. I am sort of back on track but not been 100%. This essay is killing me... only 500 words left to do though, thank goodness!
Just thought I'd pop on and post this pic of my new dress. It's a total body-con, all lumps & bumps on show affair so I am hoping it will motivate me to keep on track so I can feel confident enough to wear it out the house!

View attachment 133683

Hope you are all well!

You look fab in the dress now!!! But I know what you mean. I have a bodycon dress that I want to lose a couple more stone before I dare wear it! xxx

Hello everyone...

My goodness, it has been so long! Quick run down of how my life is NOT going the way I had planned:

1) Failed my final uni placement so have to resit in Aug/Sep. If I don't pass the resit then it's bye bye planned career path :( If I do, I need to supply teach til June and won't get my own class til August 2015!

2) Fell off the wagon tremendously and am now back up to 13st. Ashamed doesn't even cut it.

3) Still not living with my fiancé. Still at the parentals and it's been 1 year and 9 month too long back here!

4) Currently have no source of income. Because I am classed as a FT student til after I do my resit placement I am not entitled to the likes of jobseekers. Just as well I live at my folks for now really but realistically I'd like to be saving for a deposit on a flat with Calum!

So yeah. It's all a bit poop at the moment. However, I am back on the healthy eating wagon (been 3 days now!) and am determined to shift the blub again and more.

In the meantime, here are a few recent photos from my Grad Ball (which I still went to but called my Grad Stuff It All!!):

10333317_10152158074331188_8359178419802977529_o.jpg10302447_10152162297231188_6865943559679015829_n.jpg10401590_10152158074046188_2907128420526800592_n.jpgGradBall.jpg

Pics L-R: Allison & me, Allison, Nadine & me, Allison & me (she was prodding my boobs in this pic haha!) and me & Calum :)

Hope you are all well. Off to snoop now!!

Yesterday:

B - 2 x crackerbread with light dairylea and an apple
L - Mexican lime spiced chicken pieces with light salad dressing
D - Leftover chicken pieces from lunch with mashed sweet potato
Snacks - an orange, 4 crackerbreaf with reduced fat homous

Approx 1300 calories

Sorry to hear things went a bit wrong! Well done for getting back on track (I look forward to being able to start losing again soon too), and hope things start improving for you. Chin up :hug99:

Thanks...I think I have turned a corner so fingers crossed the blub starts shifting!

Today:

B - 2 x crackerbread with reduced fat homous and some red grapes
L - baked sweet potato with beans
D - chicken and veg stir fry with noodles
Snacks - grapes

Approx 1200 calories

Looks like I have lost 2lb this week but don't wanna officially weigh in til my planned scale hop

Hello :)

Thought I'd best get back to updating food stuff on here. Today's menu:

B - 2 x small slice of toast with light dairylea and an orange
L - Ham salad with light dressing
D - Baked potato with tuna mayo
Snacks - banana

Approx 1300 calories

I totally gutted my room the last few days - cleared out my wardrobe/drawers etc. Came across my mum's old Slimming World books so thinking I might give that a bash again. I feel like I need some sort of structure to follow to help keep me on board. I've actually been day-dreaming about the silly Cambridge Diet. Not that I can afford it right now but just remembering how easily the lbs came off. Made me miserable right enough and obviously didn't do very well with the maintenance part of things or I wouldn't be here haha.

SW is definitely great for structure - one of the reasons I will be back to it asap! You seem to be doing well again though atm, so whichever you're happiest with :)

Back