A Healthier Lifestyle Quest!!

It actually went really well - 3lbs off!! Still feel bloaty and meh but decided it must be in my head! I picked up my 1.5st award and won the raffle too (for the 3rd week in a row haha)

Happy girlie. :) x

Will be checking your diary out when I get on a laptop. Hate reading diaries on my phone lol

Hello everyone :)

Menu for today:

B - hifi light bar (half HExB), banana & green tea
L - baked potato with 2 mini babybel (HExA), baked beans & salad
D - mince, potatoes, cabbage, carrots & onion
Other - hifi light (other half HExB), 1 tbsp nutella (4 syns), strawberries & muller light.

Syns = 4
Calories = 1400 approx

Had a meeting with a local council about supply teaching today. I've to give them a ring in 2-3 weeks when paperwork has been processed and hopefully they'll have something for me. A few others who had to complete the extra placement have been given full time supply posts right through til June so fingers crossed I go the same way!!
Also been looking for Christmas temp retail jobs and have an interview with Debenhams, Build-A-Bear-Workshop & Schuh over the next week so I'll be employed one way or the other soon with any luck!

x

Happy belated birthday! and congrats on the loss :)

Thank you both :D

Debenhams interview went well today. I missed a call from them approx 4 hours after I left the store but the number left in the voicemail says 'number no longer in use' any time I try to phone it! Not sure what to do. Hope they phone back? There's no store numbers online, only an 0845 customer service line which doesn't fall in my free call allowance. So annoyed I missed the call!

Anyway. Menu for today:

B - 1 hifi light bar (half HExB) - again, nerves = can't really eat!
L - 1 slice wholemeal granary toast (5 syns) & scrambled egg using some ss milk (2 syns)
D - homemade burgers (using turkey mince) with 3 mini baby bel light (HExA) & salad
Other - hifi light bar (other half HExB), muller light & melon, green tea.

Syns = 7
Calories = 1200 approx

Annoyed I had to syn my bread today as dad picked up the wrong kind! No matter though... x

Hope you hear back from Debenhams!! Promising that they rang back so soon after.
Your day sounds great. I used to eat so much more than that though on SW. Probably where my problems lay!!!

I think the whole 'eat as much free food' rule can be the downfall of some folk but maybe cause I calorie counted prior to Slimming World it helped? Either way, I'm just glad it seems to be working for me :)

Menu today:

B - ham, pepper & mushroom omelette topped with 30g cheddar (HExA), 1 slice wholemeal toast (60g ; HExB) & side salad
L - chicken salad with beetroot & pickles
D - cajun chicken & rice
Other - satsuma, melon, muller light & 1tbsp nutella (4 syns), green tea.

Syns = 4
Calories = approx 1500

And to help keep me motivated and on track I made this wee comparison before/after snapshot. I honestly never realised just how fat my face was before:

beforeafterface.jpg

Well done on the loss!! Your doing amazingly well.
I'm watching my syns this week. Although counting up I don't think I was much over syns last week from just calorie counting. I think a mix of the two is the right way forward for me.

Thank you!! Sadly I fell off the wagon on Saturday and ended up with a gain of 1lb this week. But I'm ok with that and determined to get it off for next week and hopefully a wee bit more too!!!

Menu today:

B - 2 x hifi light bars, 2 x babybel minis (HExA & B) as breakfast on the go
L - Low fat chilli chicken supernoodles & an alpen light bar (3 syns)
D - Mince with carrots & onions through it, mashed potato & cabbage. 1 syn ketchup.
Other - satsuma, penguin biscuit (5.5 syns) & green tea

Syns = 9.5
Calories = 1400 approx

I got the Debenhams job - I started yesterday :). Gutted I'm in at 9am on Saturday though as have a Halloween/25th birthday party on Friday night! I'll be sticking to the pepsi max anyway but was looking forward to a lazy lie in with my hubby-to-be the next day haha. No matter, a job is a job and I need the money!

Thank you!! Sadly I fell off the wagon on Saturday and ended up with a gain of 1lb this week. But I'm ok with that and determined to get it off for next week and hopefully a wee bit more too!!! Menu today: B - 2 x hifi light bars, 2 x babybel minis (HExA & B) as breakfast on the go L - Low fat chilli chicken supernoodles & an alpen light bar (3 syns) D - Mince with carrots & onions through it, mashed potato & cabbage. 1 syn ketchup. Other - satsuma, penguin biscuit (5.5 syns) & green tea Syns = 9.5 Calories = 1400 approx I got the Debenhams job - I started yesterday :). Gutted I'm in at 9am on Saturday though as have a Halloween/25th birthday party on Friday night! I'll be sticking to the pepsi max anyway but was looking forward to a lazy lie in with my hubby-to-be the next day haha. No matter, a job is a job and I need the money!

You will soon lose that lb x

Well done on the job, what is the role? X

It's just a Christmas temp sales position in the ladies formal department. 20 hours a week but at least it's something for now! x

Menu today:

B - 1 weetabix (half HExB), ss milk (HExA) & banana
L - cajun chicken, rice & salad (lunch out so having low syn day to account for any oil residue on chicken)
D - tomato omelette & salad
Other - hifi light bar (other half HExB), green tea, options hot choc (2 syns) with added chocshot (1 syn) using rest of milk from HExA

Syns = 3
Calories = 1300 approx

Thanks :) It's just a Christmas temp sales position in the ladies formal department. 20 hours a week but at least it's something for now! x Menu today: B - 1 weetabix (half HExB), ss milk (HExA) & banana L - cajun chicken, rice & salad (lunch out so having low syn day to account for any oil residue on chicken) D - tomato omelette & salad Other - hifi light bar (other half HExB), green tea, options hot choc (2 syns) with added chocshot (1 syn) using rest of milk from HExA Syns = 3 Calories = 1300 approx

That sounds good and you got it really quickly, well done x

Mmm omelet yummy x

Thanks Rach :) x

Had a good day on-plan yesterday. Today's menu looks like so:

B - banana topped with orange & choc muller light + green tea
L - spaghetti hoops on toast (HExB)
D - Spag bol packed with lots of superfree & topped with cheese (HExA)
Other - fruity snacks & some pepsi max

Off to a Halloween/25th birthday party tonight. It's a Gravity Falls themed thing (as the birthday girl loves that cartoon lol) so I am dressing up as Giffany. Will post pics later I'm sure :)

My updated PVG certificate has arrived so I'm going to phone the council today about supply teaching. Hopefully they can offer me something pretty soon :D

Have a brilliant Halloween everyone x

Back