A Hotel Manager's Diary To A Healthier Life! 11/42

Yeah Im much better after some guy candy and irresponsible afternoon drinking haha.x.x.

image-304811436.jpg

Little friend :)

Ruth
Xx

Up for work! Got about 5 minutes to 'chat'. Still all good going to have grapefruit and boiled eggs for breakfast :)

Had 2 lots of grapefruit a pear and an Apple yesterday then a jacket potato with tuna and salad and then my lovely chef made me a homemade healthy shepherds pie with loads of veg, noisette potatoes and gravy (yum!!)

Need to do a shop for next week but I don't know when I am going home!!

Ruth
Xx

awww pup is so cute!

We did have a rather extravagant afternoon, it was fab haha.

Your food sounds lovely!.x.x.

awww pup is so cute! We did have a rather extravagant afternoon, it was fab haha. Your food sounds lovely!.x.x.

We all deserve some lovely treats! And the food was gorgeous!!!!!

Ruth
Xx

Hello :)

Hope you're ok!

I am normally here all of the time however slightly AWOL at the minute yet on plan!

How are you?

Ruth
Xx

Sometimes it happens :) I'm very well thanks, you?

I live just outside of York so not a millions miles away from you in Scarborough!

Soph x

Have ended up in hospital with exhaustion. This week is so bad!!!

Ruth
Xx

Oh Ruth you poor thing - are you ok?? What are they doing for you??

Yeah I'm alright thanks I'm just a bit overworked. Fluids. Massively dehydrated. Not eaten enough either!

Oh well I'll be ok soon!

Ruth
Xx

Love, I hope youre ok.

If there's anything i/we can do just shout.

Take care of yourself hun.x.x.x.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hope you're ok honey, that sounds awful. Keep your strength up, you're in the best place xx

Thanks very much!

Well I had to go to this meeting today so I'm here, trying to stay awake. Coping!!!

Hmmm :/

Ruth
Xx

Well my sugars fell to 2.8 which is bad. Feel so out of it! 1 managers meeting tomorrow and a day off! This week is a write off!!!!

Ruth
Xx

Have ended up in hospital with exhaustion. This week is so bad!!!

Ruth
Xx

Hi Ruth, bit worried about u hun, hope you manage to have a good days rest on your day off this week, it's much needed ! It's probably your hectic schedule at work that is keeping you busy and so you don't have much of an appetite. But your body needs fuel to work hun. Please try not to skip any meals, or look at having something quick on the go like an Alpen light bar, so something at least goes in your body and this will help sustain your blood sugar levels. Also its important to stay hydrated, and drink lots of water, try and keep a small water bottle on you, that you can keep filling up during the day. Lack of water in your body will cause you to feel more tired and a slump in your energy levels. Sorry I hope this doesn't sound like a lecture but I am concerned as a friend :) . Hope you have a lovely day and will pop by later to see how your getting on.

Hugs Kay xx

Good Morning everyone!! (Sent from my lovely kingsize memory foam bed ;) )

Thank you very much for the well wishes.

I went on my managers meeting yesterday which was horrible as a presentation that I had spent 4 months working on as part of a group was pulled to bits by senior management and they were very rude along with it!

I went back to my hotel afterwards and went straight to see my General Manager (who had literally just returned from her holiday) and told her that I was burning myself out and got extremely upset and explained what I needed to be able to sort myself out. I have delegated some of my smaller jobs to reception and instantly felt better.

My GM has given me a day off paid today and is taking me up to Dalby forest and then out for the day so I can relax. I told her (because I didn't want to bother her) that I had been poorly and she was upset that I hadn't told her and said that I need to strike a work/life balance and that we can sort that out and I also told her about my Dad who is still not very well and she gave me some leave on the 28th.

So therefore, I feel tonnes better already, my week food wise has been an utter and total write off, I can't get to WI tomorrow due to my shift pattern (again) as I need to attend a disciplinary hearing for a member of restaurant staff. I have tried to eat the best I can and have made informed choices but eating with management etc wasn't easy and there was nothing healthy! As I have today off and there is a meeting tonight I don't know if I should go. I am pretty sure that I need to bite the bullet and pack the meetings in and go it alone as I really can't get to them!

I have been having some Lucozade tablets which my Doctor told me to for a few days to sort things and I do feel better (I didn't until I got to the end of my tether yesterday....) but I am in a bit of a muddle as to what I should do!

Thanks once again for your well wishes, very much appreciated!

Ruth
Xx

Heya love, glad to hear you're finally getting some time to relax.

You have had one heck of a week so I wouldn't worry to much about a loss or gain. If getting to the meetings is just another stress factor in your life why not eliminate it? You could always start going again in the future if there is another group opens that suits you better. You could always go to one tonight to buy any books or magazines that you think might come in handy while you go it alone? We're always here to help you too.

.x.x.x.

Back