A lesson on how not to do maintenance!

Kat1e

This is for life
Just thought i would post a little story...
As some of you will know, my DH joined me on atkins at the start of the year and very successfully lost all his excess weight so has been trying to maintain the last few months. He cant be bothered to count so has been eating the same as me (ie 20g) plus toast for brekkie and the odd treat.

This week he has been really tired and grumpy so i finally collared him to dig deeper. Turns out he has been snacking on more and more of DDs biscuits, getting more tired, getting more hungry etc. The last straw was when he said he was starving straight after we had had a lovely lunch of half roast chicken and salad!!

Talking through it we realised he had the worst diet possible - lo carb main course and meals and then frankly straight sugar in between! No wonder he felt so bad:(

He is now trying to eat more "good" carbs with wholegrains, nuts, veggies etc so hopefully that will sort the energy out;)

Thought it was a useful cautionary tale - better to do owl, pre maint and maintenance then fall straight into insulin/glucose highs and lows!

Very important, from one who has only recently clambered back on the wagon, to not seesaw between them - but (and sorry, Katie, I admit this is utterly mean of me) I did feel a tiny bit of gleefulness because he's a bloke and can lose weight so quickly, all those bikkies will be gone in a flash! :D:D:D

Well i hate to admit it too - a just come uppance given he keeps losing weight when he's trying to maintain! However, living with him grumpy....so not worth it!

Really helpful cautionary tale Katie and agree with Susie how unfair it is that men lose so much more quickly ! Ha ha :)

Back