A lot to lose!

Just thought I would see how many people are on here that like me have a lot to lose. I have about 7 stone to lose (cant believe I let it get that much!) and it is very daunting. I guess I should set smaller goals first instead of thinking about the whole lot in one go.

Feeling very motivated at the moment though and actually cant wait to join the class on Thursday lol.

Hi,

I had a lot to lose at the start. Currently i have lost about 9 stone! Keep that motivation going, the plan has worked perfectly for me and fits into my life so well!!!

It can be done!!!! Good luck my love!!!

Oh and in terms of goals.... I worked towards my club 10 then set myself 1 stone targets by certain dates. I still don't have a final target though!

I have around 7 to lose.

My targets are:

1. Club 10
2. 2 stone
3. 4 stone

Good luck!

Hi I have about 8 stone to lose :( can't believe I am so fat lol!
I am intending to aim for each half stone as 8 stone seems so far away.
Good luck with your weight loss journey,

I have just over 7 stones to lose :sigh: I'm keeping myself half sane by aiming for the half stone losses, and will be absolutely ecstatic if I could lose on average 2lb a week every week. My weakness is chocolate at the moment (it goes in stages) I could quite happily eat it for breakfast lunch and tea, and nothing else will suffice only good old chocolate and bucket loads of sweets. But next month it will probably be something else like crisps :D

I try not to think of the bigger picture but would dearly love to lose 7lb a month. We can all live in hope :) x

I have between 8 and 13 stones to lose. 13 would put me in the healthy bmi range but I'm not sure if it will be too skinny for me. When I lost 7 stone last time I got to a size 18 so I'd like to get to there then see how things go. Those big amounts are so daunting though. Then I looked at it as 2lb a week and set myself small goals some bit even weight related like eat breakfast x

Last edited:
Defo break it down into small targets, and if you struggling or having a hard time, turn those into smaller goals and so. I got to the point where my goals had gone from "get Club10 in 2 months" to "lose 1st" to "do a full SW week" all the way to "have at least one SW meal a day". It really can help when the finishing line is so far away. When I was learning to walk again, I said to the physio "I'll never be able to walk across this room" and he said to just watch my feet, focus on what they were doing and before I knew it I was across the room!

Good Luck!!
Natt

Hi I have around 7 stone to loose on my second week at the minute I have tried so many diets like drops, tablets, meal replacement they all made me so unhappy and hungry and I ended up putting the weight if not more back on. I can honestly say this is the bestdecision of my life to join slimming world I've lost 8lb In 2 weeks and feel great no mood swings sleeping better and best of all I can eat lol I am never hungry and I am a big Choco holic and have not once wanted to tuck into a massive bar of choc I do sometimes have a treat size bar 4 syns or a curly wirly 6.5 syns but don't crave more after. I love it!! I am planning to get to club 10 in 6 weeks time and to loose 3 stone by beginning of June. Good luck with it we will do it together!
Gemma

Hi,
i have 6st 9.5lbs to lose, we can do this :)
i too can not be leave I have let it get this bad I am 2 weeks in and have lost 12.5lbs already slimming wold is fantastic, x x

Hi Sarah Louise,

I set my target to be half the girl I started, I weighed in at 22st 10lb and my target is 11st 5lb. I set that target at the beginning and have not thought about it at all since. I've been on SW for 20 weeks & have lost 3st 6 1/2lbs, so nearly 8 stone more to lose; if I thought about that figure too much I could lose sight of the great work I've already done; so I don't.

I look forward to the next sticker on my book or getting to the next 'Stone Zone', getting to the next BMI number or getting into the next dress size, take your measurements and celebrate every inch lost, every lb down is a cause for celebration! You have more to lose, yes, but your transformation will be even more incredible!

Hi

I'm new here and O have around 8 stone to lose :( I joined SW last night.

My initial aim was 23lbs by 22 June which is the date I go on holiday. BUT I'm now hoping for more. So I'm going to review that in a couple of weeks. Like everyone else I'm aiming for mini goals but not setting these as I want to see how I do week one.

The big thing for me will be my alcohol/wine intake on a weekend.

I have also got 8 stone to lose, and it does seem like a lot but like everyone else has said, break it down. I do think its a good idea to have an idea of what you are aiming for though, my old consultant would say that there is no point playing football without a goal! I think if you also think monthly more than weekly it helps. Say I want to loose 10lbs this month, and then you go wow actually I am nearly there kind of thing. I always aim high, cause then even if I get half way its better than not trying :) xx

Good luck on your journey hun :) it can be done and the weeks will zoom past!!
I have been in SW a year in 2 weeks and have managed to lose 8 stone!
I gave myself lil goals ...

Getting into next stone bracket
Every 1/2 stone
Bmi changing
Clothes changing

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck on your journey hun :) it can be done and the weeks will zoom past!!
I have been in SW a year in 2 weeks and have managed to lose 8 stone!
I gave myself lil goals ...

Getting into next stone bracket
Every 1/2 stone
Bmi changing
Clothes changing

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

wow you look amazing :)

Back