A lot to lose!

i too have 6/7st. to loose have lost 2st. started off the same weight as you..but in 2011.i just am for a half a stone at a time .hope in time .to get down to a size 12/14.then see what i think .:scale:

Hi I also have alot to lose, abt 5 stone. Have been on thousand of diets but for some reason I feel really motivated to do it this year, had my first w.i today, have lost 11.5lb. So more than plsed with that lol. We an do this, may be a long journey but it's better to take it slowly and get to the end than to fast and crash! ( hubby tells me that about my driving!! :) ) xx

Haia :) I have 7st to lose. I've already lost 2.5st since September after a break for 2 weeks over Christmas I'm back and my first target is to lose the weight I put on over Christmas. 6lbs in all and I lost 2lbs last week so 4lbs to go and once I achieve that I've only got 3lbs until my 3st award :)
We can do this :D can't wait for a slimmer summer

I want to echo the comments of the most fabulous lolacola. Those minigoals are what do it. I didnt even have a target for the first five stone!

Its not so much about how much you lose every week, but about consistency. Dont make excuses, follow the plan, and every week you should lose. There is no reason, that every weigh in, week in, week out that you all cant lose, one, two and sometimes three pounds.

I won slimmer of the month (the person in the group who has lost the most weight in the month) eight times. Thats not because i had the best losses every week, but because i was consistent.

Before you know it those pounds will be adding up. Both lolacola and I have lost similar amounts in a similar time frame, neither of us have starved ourselves. And i think we have both enjoyed it.

Think of slimming world as a new way of doing things. You learn about the hidden syns / rubbish in pre prepared foods, you find out how to enjoy your favourite foods, but in a much healthier way. You find out how to enjoy yourself and let your body burn off your fat. Everyday you get up, your aim shall be for your body to burn more energy than what you put in.

If you follow slimming world correctly, this will be happening every day. Start some exercise as well.

Exercise doesnt really help you lose much weight, it is much easier to follow a good eating plan, then to burn off excess energy at the gym. It helps in other ways though. I started couch to 5k running programme the same week i joined slimming world.

I dont want to hear any excuses about not running. I was 21st9 when i began the programme. I did it nice and slow and followed it. I got into the routine. I started to build other exercises in like pilates, and kettlebells.

Yes, my 300lbs plus was doing exercise, and a lot of it.

I am now at target.

hiya :)

i started initially wanting to lose 10 stone. I got there after 14 months and maintained it for 6 months. i've changed my target- i have lost 10st 5 and have 13lb to my new target :)

i have always set mini targets- to get the next award, or to get into the next stone bracket. or even to fit into a certain item of clothing the next size down :)

bitesized chunks makes it much less daunting :)

my next mini target is to lose 2 1/2lb- that will get me my 10 1/2 stone award and a smiley face sticker for getting into the 11's :)

Well done Gazter on your incredible weight loss and your determined approach - you look brilliant! :)

I dont want to hear any excuses about not running. I was 21st9 when i began the programme. I did it nice and slow and followed it. I got into the routine. I started to build other exercises in like pilates, and kettlebells.

....and also how fantastic it is that you found an exercise that you enjoy and that suits you :) Of course the secret to successful exercise is enjoying it. I'm glad running worked for you, each to their own as they say lol I'd rather get my walking boots on and trudge over fields and up and down hills for miles than jog or run anywhere lol :)

hiya :)

i started initially wanting to lose 10 stone. I got there after 14 months and maintained it for 6 months. i've changed my target- i have lost 10st 5 and have 13lb to my new target :)

i have always set mini targets- to get the next award, or to get into the next stone bracket. or even to fit into a certain item of clothing the next size down :)

bitesized chunks makes it much less daunting :)

my next mini target is to lose 2 1/2lb- that will get me my 10 1/2 stone award and a smiley face sticker for getting into the 11's :)

WOW! 10st 5lb that's an incredible amount of weight!!!!How did you get through the difficult times of what did you do to beat off the cravings etc? Did you adopt a specific exercise to do like Gatzer? I'm really interested :)

Ive set myself little half stone goals but I'm desperate to see under the 14 stone mark because its been such a long time since I've been there and I remember being that weight and taking it for granted. Once I see 13st 13lb I'll know that I will achieve what I set out to do. In the meantime I'm excited to tick off every half stone that will keep me going :) xx

So many inspirational people on here, youve all done so well! (and have inspired me to get the wii fit out!!) I've got about 6 stone to lose but my main goal at the minute is to keep going. I've given up so many times at the 2/3 week mark, for me it's about making it to the end of feb still on plan, then the end of march etc instead of actual weight goals if that makes sense?!:)

Getting into next stone bracket
Every 1/2 stone
Bmi changing
Clothes changing

This is exactly what I did too. When I started at 21st 2lbs I had no idea what I wanted to lose or even how successful I would be, having done SW several times previously and never sticking at it. I absolutely took it a bit at a time, never looking past the next award or dropping into the next stone bracket. And when my bmi when from obese to just overweight I was overjoyed! And now I am almost at target and almost in the healthy range it seems like it hasn't actually been much of a struggle. The plan is so flexible and it works. Trust it and you'll see the weight drop off steadily.

When I joined. Had 9st to lose!! Stuck at it and watched the 1/2st awards go by and I'm 4st 6.5lb lost so half way through! It's not a hardship to follow this healthy eating plan once you find your feet, so don't worry. Concentrate on the 1/2 stone shineys :) x

What everyone else has said - mini goals all the way! So many amazing stories here :) Break it down into little pieces and go for it. I had 8.5 stone to lose at the start, now I have 4 stone to lose and it doesn't feel half as much of a mountain.

If I can do it anyone can, promise! x

I'd love to lose 6.5 stone, but realistically I've never been this so that was just a guess! If I get to 4 stones lost and I'm a nice trim size then I'll just have to stop. I set my target at 12 stones for now, and I'd like to get my first award next week. To lose two stone by the end of my 12 week countdown would be a dream...

I'd love to lose 6.5 stone, but realistically I've never been this so that was just a guess! If I get to 4 stones lost and I'm a nice trim size then I'll just have to stop. I set my target at 12 stones for now, and I'd like to get my first award next week. To lose two stone by the end of my 12 week countdown would be a dream...

you can do it!

when i started I had 8stones to lose - thats putting me on the boarder of heathy-overweight (11stone). I've never been this weight, have always been bigger, so getting to top range of healthy and will see how i feel then...

I had reached 3stone loss but gained a bit back. Now back on track again...
trying to take it in small steps...

started at 19st 1lb
currently 16st 3.5
next target -15stone
then 13 stone
then 11 stone :)
(I like that its nearly a whole number every stone 18.1,17.1 etc.maybe im just a weirdo lol)

good luck to everyone!

Just got back from my w.i. Lost 2.5lb which meant I've lost my first stone :). Very plsed with myself :) x

I want to echo the comments of the most fabulous lolacola. Those minigoals are what do it. I didnt even have a target for the first five stone!

Its not so much about how much you lose every week, but about consistency. Dont make excuses, follow the plan, and every week you should lose. There is no reason, that every weigh in, week in, week out that you all cant lose, one, two and sometimes three pounds.

I won slimmer of the month (the person in the group who has lost the most weight in the month) eight times. Thats not because i had the best losses every week, but because i was consistent.

Before you know it those pounds will be adding up. Both lolacola and I have lost similar amounts in a similar time frame, neither of us have starved ourselves. And i think we have both enjoyed it.

Think of slimming world as a new way of doing things. You learn about the hidden syns / rubbish in pre prepared foods, you find out how to enjoy your favourite foods, but in a much healthier way. You find out how to enjoy yourself and let your body burn off your fat. Everyday you get up, your aim shall be for your body to burn more energy than what you put in.

If you follow slimming world correctly, this will be happening every day. Start some exercise as well.

Exercise doesnt really help you lose much weight, it is much easier to follow a good eating plan, then to burn off excess energy at the gym. It helps in other ways though. I started couch to 5k running programme the same week i joined slimming world.

Yes, my 300lbs plus was doing exercise, and a lot of it.

I am now at target.

I've just started this couch to 5k business! How did u get on with it? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back