A Man's Take On Things......

Day 4, feeling a little tired and hungry but yesterday I didn't have my meal, just 3 products. I'm gonna try drinking more water today and leave me meal for later in the day.

Well we are pushing towards the end of week 1 already. I have arranged to seem my CDC tomorrow which is day 6 due to work commitments. Yesterday was a tough day as it was my first day back in work whilst on the plan and as Ive said previously work is a 12 hour shift with loads of temptation. I haven't told people at work that i'm doing the Cambridge just that i'm dieting. My work partner hadn't brought any lunch so went to Greggs to get his lunch. That was a VERY difficult moment which took my resolve to the max but I did it. Whilst he was tucking into a warm steak bake ooozing with warm rich steak gravy I was 'enjoying' a chicken salad. I was so proud of myself and honestly wouldn't of swapped him as my desire to be back to a healthy weight and look good on my wedding pics faaaar outweighs my desire for scrummy food.

Glad to hear or rather read that you've had a good week despite the temptations :) There's something almost godly or no maybe smug is a better word for it about turning down these unhealthy foods, well i get that feeling anyhow haha. Can you feel yourself in ketosis now, hope the hunger pangs have gone away and very good luck for your WI tomorrow

Just thought I would say and wish you luck on your journey. Well done for getting through the first week, it's all downhill from here! I've been doing CD for 4 weeks now and have lost 26lbs, can't believe I didn't try it sooner! Never thought I would get past day two (the worst!) but with the support from my amazing hubby, family and friends I am still going strong.

Stick with it. Look forward to following your journey :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well the first week or days to be exact are done and I have had my first ever weigh in. I have lost a very respectable 13lbs taking me into the 22's and my first mini target achieved.

Last night I spent some time with some friends and ended up in the pub. I have told them that I am eating healthy but no mention of the diet as i've said previously. They went too the bar and returned with a pint of lager. This was a massive dilemma. I was running through how I was going to get myself out the the situation but was determine I wasn't going to drink it and ruin all the hard work. I managed to politely pass it to one of my friends stating I was on call and got myself a water.

In response the the previous posts, I don't wanna tempt fate but I haven't had any real big issues with the diet right from the beginning, I haven't really had any bad days, i've been hungry, and i'm missing food but I have been fortunate to never be at a stage where it has benn so difficult that I have wanted to give up. I'm actually feeling quite good, decent amount of energy and generally feeling good.

This might change soon, this week I have only worked 1 day of the 6 I have done the diet yet over then next 7 days I have 4 day shifts and 2 nights. This week will be the make or break week I suspect.

Well done vanishing. We (men) are in the shadows, but we're here outslimming !!:D all these girls haha. The moment you make this decision really deep in your heart, your life has changed forever.

The first few weeks are the most difficult, it will get much much easier and your own losses will give you insane motivation.

Out slimming all the girls? Really? I didn't realise it was a competition between the genders on here.

Out slimming all the girls? Really? I didn't realise it was a competition between the genders on here.

That's a joke that my consultant usually makes :)

Well done on the wonderful weight loss and continued resolve to stick with it :) Hope being at work didn't affect things for you too much and that you see another lovely loss when you next get weighed :)

Hey Vanishing - great 1st week loss! Hope your 2nd week went well. How're you doing?
You have a really exciting reason for doing this - your wedding in just a few short months! I bet you will feel fabulous and look great!

Have you tried any of the bars or soups yet (other than perhaps tomato soup)? And how 'bout those porridges? :) Not always nice, but sometimes you just need something hot!

Back