A moan about tasters!

Haha yes, I usually have at least one bag for life full of stuff. Ive been doing the job for 3 years now so pretty used to it...have to be very organised, if I forget anything, i'm stuffed!!!

Think I've been to about half a dozen tasters, and in that time I've only not cooked for one - well, I did, got up early, made a beef casserole in the slow cooker, came home from work to package it, and it wasn't cooked enough - no way to take it in, and had 20mins to get to class (15min drive ) so couldn't prepare anything else

We get a good turnout, it's quite a large class, but yes, there are some that never participate
As for SOTW again, there are some that never bother, even though our C reminds us every other week

I forget who did it elsewhere, but I did strawberrys dipped in galaxy chocolate so they were 1.5 syn each. Ppl were eating them so it'll suffice

I always make an effort to bring something even if its just some melon slices. Tasters are a big thing in our group and there is always a good turn out of yummy food to try!

Numbers are dwindling in my class i've noticed the last 2 weeks - c always reads our weight losses as a group compared to her other group held on a wed morning. Losses are normally in the 100's per week, the last 2 weeks have been 60's and 50's. I've not even noticed more being weighed and just not staying to class. I wonder what's going on :confused:

Texty_F said:
Numbers are dwindling in my class i've noticed the last 2 weeks - c always reads our weight losses as a group compared to her other group held on a wed morning. Losses are normally in the 100's per week, the last 2 weeks have been 60's and 50's. I've not even noticed more being weighed and just not staying to class. I wonder what's going on :confused:

Cold weather and dark nights at a guess. People don't want to be out. Half term this week tends to make numbers drop too

I used to always take food along to taster nights but don't want to sound horrible but I never really liked to try some of the foods because some of the members were just abit gross lol!!
i can't say it politely even though I tried but that's just how I felt lol xx

Yeh you could be right jaylou. My class is 2 minutes up the road and with the darker nights I took my car last week - lazy but safe

If I take Anthony other than fruit, a jar of herbs, tin of veg or a diet can of pop I always put a sticky label with the syn count on it - even if it's nil in the SOTW basket
Generally our has very little fruit these days, and more & more mug shots

I have my first taster tomorrow evening. No idea what the usual turnout is like! Ill be making couscous salad and meatballs

I always find in the SOTW bag that all the fruit is rank and needs to be thrown away haha. Although when i won last week there was some decent stuff in.
I always take a sachet of porridge for SOTW.

My sister won SOTW in her class last week and there was a bar of chocolate in there that was a year out of date haha. I do think its wrong that there was a bar of chocolate in there in the first place though lol.

We've got taster at our group tonight. I can't stay for the whole thing as I'm off to the football, but I love contributing and spent a few hours last night making a few different things. I've made coleslaw, roasted red pepper hummus, garlic "mayo", chunky salsa, mini bite-size burgers and vegetable crudites - all of which are Syn free! Hope my group enjoy them :)

The numbers have drastically reduced at our group actually in the last 4 weeks, no idea what’s going on – people losing 4lb are leaving straight away too :/
Admittedly I get my bloke to meet me after weight in, he always did but now as it’s dark when I leave I prefer not to be walking 15mins in the dark alone – I wouldn’t have thought it would bother the drivers so much tho!

Ours always has fruit in, i dont have much fresh looking fruit left, does it just have to be SS/SF?

I need to buy bits for the taster anyway, ill chuck in a few peppers or something!

I think the problem when its cold and dark isn't only the walking or driving home on your own thing, its also when its cold and dark people just want to be at home locked up and warm. Also maybe some of the drivers aren't that confident driving in the dark, I know I wouldn't be if I hadn't forced myself to do it for my running club.

Back