A moan about tasters!

Second week in a row of taster sessions, anyone else got this? Little bit strange I think, seeing as image therapy is so good! But anyway I still love taster sessions so I'm making syn free egg custards...

It's funny how much you can miss image therapy though isn't it?! So useful and motivating!

Well im pleased I text my c this morning and double checked it was a taster night, as the little 12 week wishes card said Nov 5th feast ( I had assumed it was a taster session) I was gonna make the kebab. So glad I checked as she said " no halloween was last week this week is talking about food optimising for cold dark nights - what a fool I would have looked turning up with a s w takeaway lol

Texty_F said:
Well im pleased I text my c this morning and double checked it was a taster night, as the little 12 week wishes card said Nov 5th feast ( I had assumed it was a taster session) I was gonna make the kebab. So glad I checked as she said " no halloween was last week this week is talking about food optimising for cold dark nights - what a fool I would have looked turning up with a s w takeaway lol

Yeah our C explained that all the dates are wrong on the card!

Texty_F said:

Recently our C has been making stuff for us to taste, probably the last 4 weeks I guess, it was normal when a new packaged product was available, she brought a taster

It's also nice that people make stuff & bring it in for us as a treat.
So last week we had SW quiche & scanbran carrot cake, so Texty, guess what I'm saying is, you don't have to wait for a taster night if you fancy making something - they'll all love you a bit more!

If i stay to a taster group i always take something, but never eat, i just keep thinking about how many syns i could be eating without realising it.

Well I bought scan bran last night so Im gonna give the curly wurly cake a go from the s w website. If it turns out ok I may take that next week lol. I have thought about doing that Debridger but always feel a bit concious of the fact people might think Im trying to gain brownie points lol. I know c cant take my weight off because I make a cake, sounds silly I know but I just might suprise them next week

Texty,
I don't think anyone in our group thinks that - we just think. Oooh that's nice of them, something tasty - result
In fact, I've noticed this week on our fb page about 4 or 5 people have made the cake that someone brought in last week

Well Ive made the curly wurly cake and its really nice so I think I may make it again for next week and take it in

I don't go to class as i'm doing SW online, I wish I could go to a taster session to try some of the recipes ;) but there again, I couldn't eat them cos I can't eat food where I haven't seen the kitchen!! Probably best I stay online and away from group lol xx

Is it an OCD thing? or just a trust thing? because you dont know where its been/came from? There are a couple of people who have mentioned this before. I just wondered how you cope if you eat out as you can't see their kitchen either? I used to be like this with a girl at work who used to bake and bring things in. I would never eat anything as she had 4 cats and used to let them on her work benches and openly admitted it. .... gross

Ewwww its like when you watch "come dine with me" and they have cats roaming all over the kitchen. Fair knocks me sick, specially when they end up with a hair in their meal. Grosssssssssssssssssss :(

Ewwww its like when you watch "come dine with me" and they have cats roaming all over the kitchen. Fair knocks me sick, specially when they end up with a hair in their meal. Grosssssssssssssssssss :(

Lol. I have one cat but had her from beng 6 weeks old and taught her never to jump onto the table or kitchen sides lol thank god she doesn't haha xxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Lol. I have one cat but had her from beng 6 weeks old and taught her never to jump onto the table or kitchen sides lol thank god she doesn't haha xxx

My two aren't allowed in the kitchen full stop!

We had a taster today & it was disappointing. 60 people in our group, less than 1/2 stayed (usually at least 40 stay) & there was 8 dishes. 2 of which were SW quiche

But more annoying than that, the majority of people would shut the hell up to let other people talk! Really very annoying.

Boooo. My group seems to be quite good - a lot of people bring fruit for the slimmer of the week bowl...and there was a nice spread on for the taster week. I am going to make some stuff for the next taster, now I have seen what people bring I am going to bring something different.

I am going to have to go to a different group next week though as can't make my usual one so will see how different it is!

Boooo. My group seems to be quite good - a lot of people bring fruit for the slimmer of the week bowl...and there was a nice spread on for the taster week. I am going to make some stuff for the next taster, now I have seen what people bring I am going to bring something different.

I am going to have to go to a different group next week though as can't make my usual one so will see how different it is!

My group is similar, a great bunch. The fruit bowl was so big this week i could barely carry the bag!

We have got taster again Monday and I dont know what to make. I want something cheap,easy,and quick. Any suggestions. We are having taster coz its Miss Slinky competition. I have been nominated (dont like people looking at me though)! x

We are having Miss Slinky on Wed but no taster :-( I made the curly wurly scan bran cake this week hollys nan cheap to make a tastes lush

Back