A polite request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people get paranoid if they haven't said anything offensive?

We all read things the wrong way I'm super good at doing this ;-) ;-) I get told off frequently for doing it on texts and emails lol however name calling is play ground stuff.

Anyhow where's the community spirit..... I'm sure this post was meant well so no point anyone getting annoyed over it, we all have different ways to express things xxx

shelleylovesjelly said:
The point is to politely request that members don't call each other names.

Thank you. I got that part loud & clear hun - but do you not see that its obvious to most not to do this, and that really, you're best of addressing it with the individual themselves?

I'm not going to get into an argument over this, if it was obvious then people would not do it, yet they do. The post in question has been reported via the proper channel, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the members who have messaged me in support over this, it's nice to see so many are here to treat others with the respect they expect themselves.

Shall we just let it go...

All together now, and breeeeeeathe...

shelleylovesjelly said:
I'm not going to get into an argument over this, if it was obvious then people would not do it, yet they do. The post in question has been reported via the proper channel, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the members who have messaged me in support over this, it's nice to see so many are here to treat others with the respect they expect themselves.

Good for you Hun.... Your post had a valid point , there's plenty on here with no relevance so why not ask a simple request

Xx

Mods can we Close this thread please?

It's tit for tat playground Chinese whispers and is giving me a huge urge to do something really childish!!

(like call somebody a dick - AGAIN!! :D)

Oh man, don't I look dumb!! breath! Not breathe!! Lol.

I never see anything said.... but that's as I very rarely leave my own thread, as their is usually enough going on there !

I have learnt through being a Admin on another forum, to just stay away, you can usually see the direction a thread is headed, so when you do, make your exit.

You can't change it hun, report it yes, but not change it... :sigh: Or as above poster said, speak to the person and tell them that you are offended and ask them to edit the post, if they don't then report them

Lisa x

Lisa xx

Thank you. I got that part loud & clear hun - but do you not see that its obvious to most not to do this, and that really, you're best of addressing it with the individual themselves?

I do concur with Kingleds. When I read the original post, I actually thought it was a little condescending and felt like a schoolgirl :eek:

Before anyone says anything, I do not feel guilty, I have not purposefully offended anyone, but I did however feel the post was not necessary.

People should not need reminding to be polite and courteous en mass.

Oh man, don't I look dumb!! breath! Not breathe!! Lol.

Actually Doll the 'breathe' was right first time.

Back to topic, I think if someone says something to offend you then be adult and deal with it directly. This thread smacks of a headmistress in assembly!

Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention on this forum that a number of people are being incredibly rude to one another. Please remember that we are all here to help and support one another, not to call people names like "*****" and "dick".

We are all here because we want to lose weight. I'm guessing that for most of us, we have spent enough of our lives being called names and being put down, by people who don't know any better. We know better.

Let's all treat each other with the respect we deserve, and behave with grace and dignity.

If you see a post where a member is calling someone nasty names or causing disruption to this forum the first course of action is to report this to one of the mods or myself via private message or use the report button which looks like this and we will take it from there.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back