are you celebrating the royal wedding

• yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • no

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmmm, menu sounds gorgeous Sue!

I love the prep too and tomorrow night will be doing a layered dip, potato salad and mini victoria sponges - yummy! However, weather forecast still not brilliant so may still turn into george foreman / racelette grill / oven style bbq, but hey-ho, I live in wales so its not the first time and certaintly won't be the last!

Just to add a layer of confusion though my blooming fridge freezer packed in at the weekend - arghhh!!! New one being delivered tomorrow so fingers crossed it cools and settles in time for my food shop!!

Currently we all have epic cases of gastric flu so the wedding will go without a thought really. Also had no intention of sitting and watching it on the tv all day. If it had been nice was going to take the wee man to the beach

Alos on the friday was a thinking about oacking up and jumping on the train and heading to avebury for beltane :D, as wanted to share that with my son as he will love it, though currently sickness is halting any plans i had this week :(

Massive tummy bugs all round here too...:( Kids so far but I'm teetering on the edge of iffy. Just hope I don't succumb as daughter's birthday on 2nd and mates over for a birthday sleepover this Friday. :eek:

I love Avebury ... I was in Carnac last summer and it had the same feeling although my 10 year old niece - raised on Stonehenge - was bitterly disappointed the stones were so "small". I must admit some of them were a touch Spinal Tap. :D

Averbury isnt as big in single stones as stone henge but the pure buzz from it is intense. Averbury is the biggest set of standing stones. Plus the tolkin trees, when i head up there on my lonesome i sit for hours under those trees reading. Last year become an unofficial tour guide as people kept asking me questions about the site when i was trying to read, fun to do but >_< lol

I shall probably watch some of it, but to be honest, I started off thinking, that's lovely, I am looking forward to seeing that, but I am now so totally oversaturated with it all that I am thinking I'd rather just go out! It hasnt even happened yet, but there's a trailer on for it, at the end of every programme, its headline news every bulletin, & I am getting a bit sick of it all... I suppose its a case of too much of a good thing lol! Perhaps I'll come and join you, Sue! Your plans sound like a blast!

Were having a BBQ and having a visit from my Scottish best friend who is usually very patriotic and who always mocks the English! But on this occasion she's looking forward to a good royal knees up! Im a total royalist and I LOVE will and Kate!!

I shall probably watch some of it, but to be honest, I started off thinking, that's lovely, I am looking forward to seeing that, but I am now so totally oversaturated with it all that I am thinking I'd rather just go out! It hasnt even happened yet, but there's a trailer on for it, at the end of every programme, its headline news every bulletin, & I am getting a bit sick of it all... I suppose its a case of too much of a good thing lol! Perhaps I'll come and join you, Sue! Your plans sound like a blast!

Even our German friends say they are fed up with it on German T.V. and our Spanish friends make us laugh none of them can believe that they are paying for their own wedding when he is a future king it was on Spanish T.V. last night.

CornishPisky pick up some pasties, some clotted cream, jump on a plane and come and enjoy yourself.

I have been doing food all afternoon, the potato salad is done just needs decorating , the lemon and ginger cheese cake is in the fridge, the date stuffing is made am chilling now and will do all the rest tomorrow.

I too am really looking forward to it!!!
Whatever you are doing I wish you all a super day celebrating or not, and thank you for joining in a bit of fun.

And I'm looking after this Château Margaux for you.
Now that I'm home, I'll store it in the cellar, until we can meet and enjoy it together.

I would like to watch it but i'm at work (on normal pay i might add because my work say its a 'public' holiday not a bank holiday so they don't have to pay more)

.Nicki. said:
I would like to watch it but i'm at work (on normal pay i might add because my work say its a 'public' holiday not a bank holiday so they don't have to pay more)

Boo - miserable bosses!

I cant wait for the wedding, Im so excited!! Im a huge fan and think they are an AMAZING couple and I will be watching to celebrate and share the day with them, with tears in my eyes and a large glass of vino (synned of course!!:D) x

We are having a small celebration bbq and drinkies. my landlord bought all quorn stuff for me and masses of yummy sausages, pork fillet, steaks, marinades, burgers and cakes for the rest of them. ah well, at least i can have a vodka and diet coke :p

I'm not really bothered by the fact that it's a royal wedding, I just love it when there is an event that unites the whole country.

I don't know if I'll watch, probably not, but I am listening to Moyles' Royal Wedding disco! Getting me in the mood to party :D

Me and the small one are watching cartoons at them and aking our game plan for the day. Bit chilli for beach so might just head up to the park and if all else fails craft time with glue and stuff. Eveeryone who has things planed have a wonderful day :D

WHAT A GORGEOUS DRESS!!!!!!!! :wow::wow:

The little bridesmaids and paige boys are adorable!! Her sister is beautiful too ;) but they are soooo cute :D

Oh !!!! She looks fabulous. What a lovely couple they are.

I am in tears and DH is roaring with laughter at me.

She looks absolutely stunning!!! Her dress is amazing!!! Wow wow wow

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back