A Poll/ celebrating or not ???

are you celebrating the royal wedding

• yes

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • no

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The police will get extra funding to cover it. It won't come out their general budget

And that "extra funding" is coming from where? Not the Windsors or the Middletons I assume? :D

I caught the news highlights. Loved Camilla's hat, thought Kate's dress was very lovely but not jaw dropping - absolutely loved her sister's frock. Don't know who the wean on the balcony was with the face like a smacked arse but she has my vote :D as well as the cart wheeling godbod. :cool:

Starlight said:
The police will get extra funding to cover it. It won't come out their general budget

Do we know where that extra funding came from? I assume the taxpayer seeing as we pay the Queen to be the Queen via the civil list, so even if she funded it out of her own pocket (which i understand she didn't) it would in effect have been our money being used to fund it.

I agree with Medusa that it is tasteless in the extreme given the current economic climate to see all that extravagant spending of taxpayers money going on.

Still, when my sister can't feed her kids because she has the nerve to stay at home and look after her disabled daughter rather than go out & work minimum wage i
shall know who to blame.

And if this makes me a killjoy, or bah humbug so be it.

Medusa said:
And that "extra funding" is coming from where? Not the Windsors or the Middletons I assume? :D

Probably not but at least it doesn't affect the already stretched police resources

Loved the way the police brought everyone down the Mall and to the palace gates. Talk about crowd control lol

Do we know where that extra funding came from? I assume the taxpayer seeing as we pay the Queen to be the Queen via the civil list, so even if she funded it out of her own pocket (which i understand she didn't) it would in effect have been our money being used to fund it.

I was actually merely responding to the original quote which said about todays policing conming out of an already stretched police budget. Which its not.

Last edited:
And Camilla's evening dress really suited her too.

Starlight said:
I know camilla gets a lot of bad press but I have to admit I like her, she definitely knows what styles suit her :)

Actually she's the one i don't mind out of the lot of them. As far as i can see she gets bad press mainly because she's not Diana.

Starlight said:
I was actually merely responding to the original quote which said about todays policing conming out of an already stretched police budget. Which its not.

I know - crossed posts i think! Glad its not
coming out of normal budgets - was interested to understand where it was coming from?

Actually she's the one i don't mind out of the lot of them. As far as i can see she gets bad press mainly because she's not Diana.

I think youre dead right... a lot of people are so blinkered about Diana poor Camilla never stood a chance with them.

Whats been doing my head in today is the comments on *ahem* other forums and on FB is the number of peolpe saying 'Diana should have been there' Theyre saying it like shes been shunned or not invited :confused:

I know - crossed posts i think! Glad its not
coming out of normal budgets - was interested to understand where it was coming from?

I believe theres some kind of allowance made by the government for extra 'expenses' I know when Glasgow Airport had the terrorist attack our force got extra funding cos the cost of it would have totally crippled us. Maybe some money down the back of a sofa at Downing St ;)

Starlight said:
I think youre dead right... a lot of people are so blinkered about Diana poor Camilla never stood a chance with them.

Whats been doing my head in today is the comments on *ahem* other forums and on FB is the number of peolpe saying 'Diana should have been there' Theyre saying it like shes been shunned or not invited :confused:

Oh dear!! That is taking it a little too far!

I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole day, the coverage, the evening replays and the news right now.
I think it's been a wonderfully fabulous day for our country.
It's brought in big money, it's generated some great community spirit and brought people together.
It's generated some new found interest in our Monarchy.

And they had Jerusalem at the wedding.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

Big smiles all round here.

jaylou said:
I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole day, the coverage, the evening replays and the news right now.
I think it's been a wonderfully fabulous day for our country.
It's brought in big money, it's generated some great community spirit and brought people together.
It's generated some new found interest in our Monarchy.

And they had Jerusalem at the wedding.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

Big smiles all round here.

Me Too!! Lived every minute :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Been glued to the telly - LOVED IT!! They look lovely together and seem pretty down to earth. Loved her WOW when she walked out on the balcony and how amazing was their drive to Clarence House in Charles car... absolutely brilliant.

You have to hand it to us though, no other country in the world can do an occasion like that quite like the British can :)
Exactly what I said to my hubby! We do pomp and pagentry like no other country, gives me goose bumps when I think of it! Loved loved loved it!

Well the No's had it and resoundingly so. We Royalists lost by 20 votes.

It was fun to do . Thanks to you all.

I watched it from start to finish and absolutely loved the whole thing.

She looked stunning, he looked handsome, Pippa almost stole the show in that fabulously simple dress!!

We don't do enough flag-waving in this country, so it was wonderful to see the people looking so happy and the sense of community was fab.

We are always putting ourselves and this country down but I have to say that nowhere else in the world can lay on a 'do' like we can. The day was absolutely faultless :D Proud to be English :D:D

Chelsea Lou said:
I watched it from start to finish and absolutely loved the whole thing.

She looked stunning, he looked handsome, Pippa almost stole the show in that fabulously simple dress!!

We don't do enough flag-waving in this country, so it was wonderful to see the people looking so happy and the sense of community was fab.

We are always putting ourselves and this country down but I have to say that nowhere else in the world can lay on a 'do' like we can. The day was absolutely faultless :D Proud to be English :D:D

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was indifferent to start with, but absolutely loved it. I'm already making plans to be in London for the jubilee next year after seeing how great the wedding atmosphere looked on the telly!!

Back