A quest for the old happy Em

Thanks :) That's not mad, I wouldn't want the scales taking away either. I feel like I need them for motivation but they can make you feel down as well as up on a bad day. I'm hoping to resist them tomorrow till proper weigh in Sunday.

I'm not going to classes either, just going it alone. Not sure if it's harder or not really, I guess if you get your husband to weigh you there's the pressure like there is at class!!

Well that's Auntie's Sunday birthday meal over and done with. Had macaroni cheese, a yorkshire and a bit of gravy so that was all pretty bad. I think the double choc cheese cake with a blob of ice cream was worse though :eek:

Back at Aunties and I said no to cake while everyone else had some so I felt good for that.....no need to make a bad day worse right!? Still managed to get abuse from the relatives though, one saying it was good he had his wide angle lens on his camera so he could get me all in for a photo. Nan asked how much I weighed in front of everyone! and then when I informed her I'd lost nearly two stone actually so leave me alone....she said 'well I did think your bum looked slightly less huge than normal'. That's about as good a compliment as you can get in our family.

Back to it tomorrow as I lost 2.5 pounds this week in the end - I was so shocked after a 2 pound loss last week too. :happy036:

Must stay focussed, must stay focussed....

I knew I should resist the scales today, especially with yesterdays meal still inside me. They said I'd gone up 1.5 pounds :( I'm trying to ignore it and carry on as I know logically it must be a blip as I saved a whole heap of syns for my naughty food weekend and was really quite restrained so don't deserve a gain this week. I'm expecting to STS or lose half a pound maybe. That two stone award is within touching distance....just one pound more (or 2.5 if the scales were right!).

Congratulations on your weight loss Emmylou!:) I am sure that the scales were trying to fool you this morning. The same thing happened to me the day before my WI and I ended up 2.5 lbs lighter so don't take it to heart. Also as you said, you saved up your syns so it can't possibly be right. If its any consolation the scales told me today that I was 2 lbs heavier than I was on Saturday. It just shows how we fluctuate throughout the week, though I hope the scales are a bit kinder tomorrow as its my WI in the evening! Hope the rest of your day is better. X

Cheers Jane, I'm glad I'm not the only one who the scales are mean to for no reason! This is why the boyfriend keeps trying to stop me using the scales more than once a week, so I don't see the little ups and downs just the downward trend. ;) Huge good luck for tomorrow night, I bet it'll be a loss again despite what the scales say at home.

One of the girls at work is now a similar size to me (lost 3 stone so far) and is trying to lose more weight.....weighs just once a month!!?? I'm not kidding. How can she do that? True, she does see a loss even if it's just a pound which if you weighed each week would really depress you as it'd look like you'd not lost at all really, but that's some serious restraint.

Thanks EmmyLou. Well I hope that I have a loss tomorrow because I would dearly love to get my 1/2 stone sticker before I stop going to SW class.

No I don't know how your colleague restrains herself from weighing more than once a month. I think I would have withdrawal symptoms after 2 days!

Got my fingers crossed for you tonight :fingerscrossed:

I had to get on the scales this morning to check yesterday was just a horrible mistake and phew, it was! Back to 14st 4.2 so only 0.1 pound off where I was Sunday. I don't worry about that sort of amount!

Watched that new Jamie's 30 minute meals programme last night. That cinnamon puff pastry pud with caramel on top looked so gorgeous and simple but far too synful. The sweet potato thing could be given the slimming world treatment though. That man used almost a whole bottle of oil in that 30 minutes!! Not to mention loads of salt. And the chicken was really fatty....so not sure what the rest of the programmes will be like but so far I don't see what he's made being 'healthy' family meals just because he's made it from scratch.

Has anyone ever worked out how much extra weight they used to carry before losing weight and then tried to carry it now you're slimmer? I reccommend doing it to anyone as it is such a boost to your self confidence to realise what extra strain you're no longer putting on your body. Obviously we don't carry the extra weight in the form of shopping bags or whatever and we gradually got used to it rather than having it dumped on us in one go but still.....it is an eye opener. You can see why the Club 10 award really does mark an achievement.

This all came about the other day when having to carry a large rechargeable battery (similar in size to a car battery) for what seemed like miles up and down hills to a site for work, along with a load of other kit like a lap top and tools(footpath through a wooded area and we couldn't get the van any closer! ). I often carry odd shaped bits of kit across fields because we can't get the van closer but then write it off as exercise in an excuse to avoid the gym ;)

I looked at the label and realised the battery weighed just over a stone......it was soooooo heavy!! I imagined the fact I had 6 of these babies all over my body in excess fat before starting my diet and still had 4 to go but losing even 2 of them was such an achievement. 'Syn free' food for thought readers.

If I ever feel down that my weight loss is slow or I'm having a bad day, I just pick that battery up (it lives under my desk!) and I feel a whole heap better. I might go give it a quick fondle now actually :D

When I'd lost 2 1/2 stone, I put 16 bags of sugar in a shopping basket, and tried to carry it even the length of one aisle in the supermarket.
It was heavy! I know my weight wasn't all dangling from my arms before, and I couldn't distribute the sugar evenly around my body, but still, I had that much excess weight before - and now I haven't!
And, boy was it great to put that basket of sugar down.

I think I'll have to try the sugar thing if I lose a bit more too....sounds fun and scary in equal measure!

Ok so the whole avoid the scales thing this week is a total failure. I hopped on this morning and hopped straight back off.....I've put 1.5lbs back on somehow!? I saved my syns for Sunday, I didn't go crazy, turned down cake and I don't deserve a gain but it's looking that way. I'm back at that levelling out weight I hit before.....I'm worried I'm stuck here forever. Feeling really down about other stuff at the mo too so not really in the mood to be 'on plan' but so far so good. Just an alpen light and a babybel so far today.

Going to try and make katsu curry sauce tonight from the Gizzy Erskine cook yourself thin series. That'll cheer me up whilst being on plan too.

Well I did the Katsu curry but it's still not the same as Wagamamas or Yo Sushi :sigh: Oh well, I tried. It's not far off but I don't think it's worth the fuss of cooking all that often.

Been off sick today, bad head, cold from my Mum and 3 days of food still in me somewhere isn't helping matters. Hopefully my ravenous hunger and picking at stuff in the cupboards will cease tomorrow when I go back to work.....I'll just write today off I think! That 2 stone shiny was so close as well.

Hi Emmylou, hope you feel better soon. Think today might be a day to write off for me as well but tomorrow is another day! Scales still calling me unfortunatly - still can't resist. X

I'm home now after a really rubbish feeling day at work....made worse by having just a yoghurt for lunch. The works canteen has lost me as a customer now as that's one day too many without any jacket spuds left - and I went down early! :mad:

I had a huge plate of roasted veg and pasta for tea though and now looking forward to a weekend of relaxing. Weigh in Sunday so fingers crossed. Can I resist till then though Jane!? Doubt it ;)

Still feeling really poorly :( but thanks for asking Jane.x

What is it about being ill that makes you want to eat so much junk!? Luckily my boyfriend wouldn't let me have a great big plate of cheese and salsa covered nachos, or the Chinese, or the Indian I asked for ;) I did go over my syns repeatedly though with cheese, crisps, super noodles and toast which I could happily lay my hands on in the kitchen. Probably only by 2 or 3 syns a day though. My weight was up 0.2 of a pound in the end on Sunday. Not sure I'll be so lucky next week with anniversary curry out on Wednesday and this weekend catching up with me.

Just seems unfair I gained a little this week when I saved up loads of syns, was really restrained yet just one meal out last Sunday stops me from losing any weight. I had half my meal and a pudding - that was it!!! And I must have had about 60 syns saved up for it. As you can tell my cold and my lack of weight loss this week has me in a bit of a sulk and it's taking all the will power I can muster to get back on track now. I think after 5 weeks the novelty of the diet is wearing off :(

Sorry that you are still feeling horrid. Its natural that you want comfort food when you are poorly. I wouldn't worry until you are feeling better and then you will get your enthusiasm back I am sure. Hope you feel better soon. X

Hi Emmy Lou, don't worry about the STS, 27lb in 5 weeks is SOOO much to lose that your body is probably trying to chill out a bit. I am sure you'll have a loss next week if you stick at it :)

Aw I wish it was 27lbs in 5 weeks prawnchopsuey!! :eek: No, it's been 27lbs since about this time last year - but I fell off the wagon after about 4 months and gained 7lbs in 7 months (could have been soooo much worse with all those McDonalds trips and take aways). This time round I've lost that 7lbs, plus another 4 but still 10lbs in 5 or 6 weeks is a nice steady loss.

Feeling much more like my old self today. Took a day off to shift the last of my cold whilst watching tv and sleeping. Just woken up from my afternoon nap :D Totally missed the end of 60minute makeover though! I get a bit wound up over shows like that though that do no prep work and slap the paint on - doesn't fit with my perfectionist decorating style.

Hopped on the scales this morning after giving them the silent treatment yesterday - they didn't deserve a visit ;) Oh my god, 1.1 pounds off! So I'm 0.2 away from the 2 stone mark in time for anniversary curry scoffing tomorrow. I was hoping to be at target when I started this time last year, or at least within a stone of it. My own fault though and I know that, so I'm fixing it now and that's what matters.

Thanks to the support on here of course :thankyou:

Talking of stats I couldn't resist changing mine although I'm 0.2lbs away....that's nothing right!?

So I'm now in the 100's!!!!!! 199lbs and not 200 :bliss::bliss::happy036:

1lb away from weighing the same as my boyfriend and 4lbs away from my xmas goal of being in the 13 stones something. I think/hope/keep everything crossed that that's achievable.

Back