A quest for the old happy Em

That is definitely achieveable - well done, dropping into the 100s is a real milestone :)

And it must be an amazing feeling to know you are not heavier than your boyfriend.
My OH weighs about 9.5 stone the skinny-ass. He did weigh 10.5 so I was aiming to equal his weight at target, but then eating SW meals plus his usual junk food snacks has made him lose a stone. Typical ain't it?!

I swear most men just have to think about losing weight and it falls off! I suppose if they need 2500cal a day normally and then follow SW at about 1300cal then it's no wonder they lose it so quickly.

My boyfriend now is the first I've had who hasn't been a stick insect who could eat whatever they like and stay skinny. It's so hard to be a girl who's curvy and gains weight easily and be with a bloke who is the exact opposite. My boyfriend lost about 7 or 8 stone himself a few years back(put a couple back on since being with me - oops) so he understands how hard it is to lose it. He has more will power than me though :) He's cursed with the metabolism I have though, he has to gym every day and eat just salad and fruit at work and a SW friendly tea just to stay the same weight :( I do wonder if he might have an underactive thyroid like me even though it's not so common in men. He's not falling asleep on the toilet or in the middle of the lounge floor like I was though!

Mmmm, damn that curry was good last night!! Best peshwari naan I've had in ages, super thick and soft with loads of filling. I had just fruit, a salad and a muller light during the day to save myself for it and then enjoyed whatever I fancied.

Drawing a line under it today and starting a fresh. It was a treat after weeks of being good so I didn't see the need to be super good like getting boiled rice instead of egg fried. We never have side dishes and I never have half the korma sauce and we don't drink alcohol so it probably wasn't as awful as some peoples blow outs. We'll be taking Dad there as a thank-you for his help on our new bathroom next month....that way the naughtyness is spread out a bit more! Oh, and the fact the bathroom isn't actually finished yet of course ;)

Friday again....do I dare to hope the canteen has potatoes left to go with those Friday beans!? I know I said I was sworn off the canteen but salads and stuff for lunch just don't hit the spot every day of the week.

Still on track for keeping that pound off and holding on to the 2 stone award on my Sunday WI, yay me!

Not sure what the weekend holds for me food wise, no temptations hopefully. I might be out for a meal next week when I'm off to do the xmas shopping but with all that walking about if I'm sticking to a healthy option I should break even that day. My brother's getting me a subscription to the slimming world mag for xmas so hopefully that'll be year round motivation. I raced to Asda after work yesterday when I realised the next issue was out. I read the first few pages in the bath last night :)

Oh, I'm off to a Jamie Oliver party at a friends tonight which is something I've never been to before. Hopefully she'll have a big bottle of diet coke to hand and I can resist any nibbles she may be passing round! With any luck though I can make it to tonight having used 1 HEXB and 1 HEXA and no syns.

I've never really posted a food diary on here so not sure if my average daily intake is similar to most others - feel free to share your opinions with me on this please, it'd be really helpful:

B: Alpen light bar at my desk when I get in to work with a diet coke.

L: Leftover pasta dish (syn free) or a salad with quorn chunks (tikka or similar with 1 syn of dressing) or a jacket spud with my HEXA and always with a muller light to finish.

Afternoon snacks: 2x satsumas, Alpen light bar, low fat jelly pot or more often a cheese mugshot (2 syns) and a diet coke.

D: A slimming world pasta recipe/risotto/chick pea dahl/syn free chips and a quorn fillet with peas/beans and eggs etc etc Basically something less than 5 syns on average. Then fruit or a yoghurt or a skinny cow lolly (if I've been good on syns that day as they're 4.5).

Weekends tend to be different. I try to have beans or spaghetti hoops with eggs and toast for lunch so just some syns for the margerine. Dinner is similar to the weekdays really. I probably have an extra few syns for some super noodles mid afternoon or late evening or a bag of crisps or one of those kellogs fibre bars.

I think it looks good to me.
One thing I personally would change though is to avoid the mugshot as a snack - they're about 250 calories, maybe even more for a cheese one, so that's like eating 5 apples!
Fruit and veg is always a better bet for snacks.

Then again, it's not doing your weight loss any harm so far, and you are doing way better than me on SW, so feel free to ignore me :)

The cheese one is about 300 I think hence being syns whereas the tomato one and others are syn free - they just aren't as nice! That's usually in addition to the other alpen bar and some fruit. I have 1pm to 6pm to kill in an afternoon so I have to eat lots of little snacks to keep me going - little and often and all that. I have a 45 minute drive home and then getting tea ready etc I don't usually eat a proper meal until 7-30.

I know that's the one thing I should change as SW say you should go for free foods like fruit as oposed to syn free 'snacks' like mugshots....they just don't hit the spot the same.

Thanks for the advice, and you're doing just as well as me!! So you must be getting it right too :D

I'm expecting people to criticise my lack of a proper breakfast actually. I just have no time in the mornings to do eggs and beans (which would be syn free) and how do you have a quick breakfast without using syns for marg on toast or all your healthy B's for a semi normal sized bowl of cereal!? I need to keep a B for my alpen bars. If the toss up is between half a B when I get to work or blowing an A and both B's for cereal or a B and 3 syns for toast.....I'm sticking with the alpen bar! I have tried the porridge the night before mixed with a muller light which was nice and only used a B so I do that occasionally. Depends if I need the B for something else. What do others do for a SW friendly quick breakfast for those of us that have to be at work?

I'm a fruit-at-my-desk-at-about-10.30 woman. Hence I'm in no position to criticise a bad breakfast!
Diet coke in the morning though - yuck, I don't know how you do it... Unless you have some office totty for a decent diet coke break ;)

I don't drink any hot drinks so it's the only diet drink the machine has in it...well there is a button for diet fanta but it's always had full fat fanta in it as far as I know! I love the girly logic one of the girls in the office has though, and that's if she pushes the diet button and out comes normal fanta it's not her fault so she's allowed it guilt free ;) At 7 syns a can, no way!!!

I kid myself the caffiene perks me up but I know it doesn't. I should try more water but I just hate it, it's soooo boring. I've tried bringing sugar free squash in but I end up drinking so much of it I live in the toilets!

The office totty is my ex so it'd be wrong to ogle him too much! :D

Well Sunday's WI day again and I'm sooooo chuffed. 2.5lbs this week - how'd that happen!? Means I am now over a pound lighter than the boyfriend for the first time since we met 4 and a half years ago :D

I'm also a tiny bit closer to my aim of being 13 stone something by xmas. My big achievements for this week have been to pull my jeans and my work trousers off without undoing them at all.....think I need to start wearing a size smaller, yay!!

Well done Emmylou! You must be really happy with your weight loss this week. Hope you have a good week. X

Thank Jane :) Your ticker looks to be moving along nicely too, well done! Hope you have a good week this week.

Hoping for a good week again this week too so I can at least stay the same. Don't want to put any of that 2.5lb back on when last Wednesdays curry catches up with me!

I'm in a new pair of smaller trousers today - just feels a bit wrong and tight after my old ones even though I know they aren't. Shame M&S can't keep making the same style trousers though....these new wide leg ones just aren't anywhere near as wide leg as my old ones.

Oh dear, the diet's on the slide the last few days.....I seem to get through the day ok and then the after dinner late night munchies kick in and I'm picking at bits of bread or even worse some lemon and coriander cashew and macadamia nuts that my boyfriend bought. They were soooooo good, kind of more of a cheese and onion taste to them but absolutely addictive. I limited myself to a little chinese dipping sauce bowl full (about 2.5" in diameter) but that's still way too many as it was a heaped bowl full. I feel really horrid now I think back on the last few days and the way I've spoilt my diet after doing so well :cry:Luckily my boyfriend never found out or I'd be in trouble with him too.

Fingers crossed I'm back on track today and can just put it behind me and move on.

On the plus side Dad fitted the new towel radiator last night and now the bathroom is all finished bar painting the door frame and door that I'm doing on the weekend. 5 long months but we got there in the end. It wasn't really 5 months of work, probably only 2.5 as we had loads of gaps where nothing got done or we were waiting for the blind to turn up etc etc. You know what DIY is like! Plus it's our only bathroom so it had to stay useable the whole time which made it take twice as long. Worth it though as it's just how I pictured it. I spent over an hour lounging in the bath last night just laid there admiring it and topping the bath up with hot water ;)

So in a fortnight when Dad's back from his holiday we'll be off to the Indian as a thank-you for his hard work....better start saving the syns now!

Thanks Nicki, you're right there was an element of self control in there that probably wasn't there a few months back so that's progress!

Went out with a friend last night I've not seen for a good few weeks (dragged her to Wetherspoons for a SW friendly meal out instead of Hungry Horse and had to explain why that's the only safe place to go!). She said she thought my boobs had finally shrunk a bit :eek: Noooooooo

I've come to the realisation that if they aren't going to be pert little B cups and enable me to take up running (which they never will be) then they might as well be big and in your face! I find they distract the eye from other bits of me I don't like. I got home and put one of my older bras on from earlier in the year and I have dropped a cup size....but it's only the cup size I oddly gained when I put half a stone back on mid diet and it's taken losing a stone to take it back off. So in actual fact I'm the same cup size as before I lost 2 stone so I shouldn't moan really. I'm sure they will shrink as that's inevitable, but not too much I hope ;)

Had the comment my bingo wings were looking a little smaller today! Yay. Well she didn't call them bingo wings of course as she was trying to be complimentary ;) When I get home I'm going to have to measure them and see if they have shrunk....

Fairly good day today so far, just 4 syns, 2x HEXB and a HEXA and home for a chickpea dahl and rice with fruit for pudding.

The scales told me I'd put last weeks lost 2.5 pounds on again :mad:. Official WI is Sunday so it better go by then or I'll be seriously annoyed! Been out on site exercising today and tomorrow so that might help.

Thanks Nicki. I'll wait till my proper weigh in now and see what they say then. Not much more I can do if I'm sticking to plan afterall.

Totally forgot to measure the bingo wings last night in the end. Got home late and had chick pea dahl, rice and a mini naan bread so ended up at 13 syns for the day. Today should be just the other mini naan bread syns wise as I have pasta n sauce for lunch.

Hopefully going to be getting back to the gym tonight if only for a quick swim. Better than nothing! Need some sort of change I think to kick start the weight loss again. If I level out again I think I really will lose all motivation :(

The bingo wings were a quarter of an inch smaller than last time I measured and half an inch smaller than when I started.....not sure that was noticable but hey, if my work colleague wants to pay me a compliment who am I to argue :)

Well another week, another weigh in and amazingly another pound down!! Now 2 pound away from my xmas target so plenty of time to go yet.

Had a bit of a slip up on the way home from a party last night, a McDonalds chicken legend. About 25 syns I think as I have it totally plain so going to have to be good all week now.

We've bought some fun size choc and things incase of visitors tonight trick or treating....lets hope they all go or they'll be hanging round the house!

Back