A quest for the old happy Em

Thanks Jane :) Good luck for your weigh in this week too.

No trick or treaters this year....and a load of fun size sweeties in a bag in front of me untouched. Can I allow myself one and stop!?

I had just the one and then put them all away in the cupboard! Didn't even enjoy it that much to be honest, I think because I've been off the chocolate for so many weeks I've lost the taste for it a bit which can only be a good thing. I even turned down post honeymoon cakes in our department too today (we use any excuse to have cakes at our place!). I got out on site and I'm still doing all the manual work while my work mate is nursing a broken bum bone so I even sneaked a bit of exercise in today too :)

Todays food wasn't very well planned out so ended up with the usual Alpen bars and yoghurt, fruit etc but slipped up with a pre made sandwich in Sainsburys. Using the wholemeal bread as a HEXB I had it down as 9.5 syns!! Sooooo not worth that. But I had to have lunch so hey ho. Had syn free chips, peas and a quorn thing for tea so I kept the syns at 11 for the day so not a disaster but not the under 5 syn day I hoped for. Fail to plan, plan to fail as they say and I think with slimming world you really do have to plan plan plan and plan some more!

Better tomorrow hopefully.

New day, new attempt at being really good and sticking below 5 syns. So the plan for today is:

B: Toast (HEXB) and light margerine (2 syns)

L: Pasta, peas and a boiled egg with a yoghurt for pud

D: Chickpea dahl and rice

Snacks: 3x satsumas, 2x Alpen lights (HEXB), mug shot (2 syns)

Total syns = 4

Off to do the xmas shopping tomorrow so lots of walking and maybe even trying some size 18 stuff on to see how far off it I am ;) I'll be out for a meal somewhere like Yo Sushi or Tampopo so noodle/tofu/salad based low syn foods. I'll save all my syns and healthy extras up just in case as I always try and do that the day of a meal out. Then keep under 5 syns again for the rest of the week. Meal out Sunday is cancelled so that's one less thing to 'save' for! Phew.

Being 2lbs away from my xmas target is so close I know lots of people could do that in a week.....but I can't and I'm aiming for a STS this week at best really. If I could get a few pounds beyond the xmas target of 13st 13lbs so xmas itself won't put me back over the 14 stone mark, that would be amazing. Something very psychological about your scales showing a different number of stones so if you crept from 13st 13lbs to 14st you somehow feel like you've put on a whole stone!! Not a single solitary pound. Odd how my dieters brain works. Bit like the dieters logic I can have sometimes to justify certain synful 'treats' or 'rewards' :D

Feeling quite good today after a 4 syn day yesterday. Today I've had my usual Alpen bar when I got to work and then will be off out for lunch before beginning the shopping. I'll write today off as I won't know how many syns I've had but if I make sensible choices I figure the walking will balance the day out ;)

Hi EmmyLou did I hear you right... your doing some Christmas shopping?!! Well done you! The thought of Christmas shopping scares the heck out of me!! :eek: xx Boo xx

Yes Boo :) It's a long standing joke at work that I'm always the first to finish. I'm an awful shopper when it's busy, I suffer from terrible shopping rage and the urge to scream at people!! People just get so rude and pushy and you can't get to look at anything. It's like manners go out the window for what is supposed to be the 'festive' season. I did a bit on Saturday so today should hopefully be pretty straight forward. I'll let you know later....

Well that was a 7 hour shopathon that has left me with sore feet, headache and aching legs....but it's all done :D I had a meal out but made healthy choices so don't feel I went too crazy. I avoided Krispy Kreme too that's just opened in Cabot Circus, didn't even fancy one actually. I think with all the green days and sweet things all having a high syn value I've lost a bit of my sweet tooth.

I tried on a fair few size 18 things and they all fitted. I was in the changing room with such a smile on my face thinking I can stop picking up 20's and wondering if they'll fit and now pick up 18's and know there's a fair chance they will.
Obviously then all the things I wanted to try on were available in 16 and 20 and no 18's left!! Evans was awful. I only found 1 pair of trousers out of about 15 different styles that had a size 18 available. Their stock control was laughable. But I consolled myself with the thought that the reason the 20 wasn't worth trying on was because it'd be too big!! Yay me. Another goal on the list ticked off. I think a 16 is waaaaay off but having a '1' at the start of my dress size instead of a '2' is pretty cool right now.

Well done Emmylou. It must of been great to try on the next size down. :) It also means that you will have a bigger range of shops to go to now. You would be considered quite small by Evans standards which is perhaps why they didn't have many 18's;) X

Yes, being an 18 will get me back into most shops biggest size so I will have a bit more choice. I think the quality of Evans stuff is really poor, especially for the hefty price so I'll be glad not to go in there. I've only actually got a pair of boots and 1 dress/top from in there. Usually I'm an M&S or Debenhams girl and Asda of course! The supermarkets seem to cater for us big girls better than the high street these days.

I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning.....first time since my proper weigh in last Sunday so that's a real achievement for such a scales addict like myself. I'm hoping it stays the same for my proper weigh in on Sunday but......drum roll please.......13st 13.9lbs!!! Couldn't be any closer to 14st (good job I took those socks off and used the loo first!) but it's my xmas target of 13 stone something :bliss:

My best mate told me today how proud he was that I'd been sticking to my diet and pretty much given up chocolate. He also said how well I was doing and I was looking slimmer :) I know I still find it hard to take a compliment but it was still really nice coming from a bloke.

Another good syn day today, just the supernoodles I'm currently munching on! The meal out Sunday is now back on so saving the syns as best I can.

Sunday again, and another 2 pounds!!! :eek: Don't know how that happened but feeling very pleased :) So I'm 13st 12.8 now which was my target for xmas. I'm hoping to get that to 13st 10 maybe now so I'm well within the 13's.

Just got back from seeing Jimmy Carr who was the best stand up I've seen to date. Had a yummy but very synful meal at Bella Italia first. I did have it minus the mayo though so there was an attempt at being good! Plus no pudding of course. Got to be extra good all week now though as I really don't want to put any weight back on. I think now I'm just into the 13's I'm kinda scared one little slip up will have the scales scream 14 at me again which might set me back motivation wise. Fingers crossed though. Night night.

Another day, another chance to be 100% on plan. Today looks like this:

B: Alpen light.
L: Salad with tikka quorn bits and dressing (1 syn), muller light, satsuma.
D: Syn free chips, crispy quorn fillet (3 syns) and peas.
Snacks: more satsumas (I'll look like one soon!) and maybe a mug shot (2 syns).

Starting the week feeling quite positive and motivated by my weigh is yesterday :) My boyfriend has hidden the fun size sweets the trick or treaters never came for somewhere in the house....I haven't even thought much about them.....till he asked if I wanted some last night!?

I declined as I'd had a meal out and saw no reason to make a bad day worse - I'm still shocked I can master this willpower thing when I want to! I'm also shocked he tried to make me break my diet as he's usually really annoyed at a hint of me going off plan. He said it was reward for me getting below 14 stone.

Today I'm back to wearing heels to work (ballerina pumps do your arches no good whatsoever especially when you're heavy). Not worn my heeled boots since last winter but feeling quite confident in them today. It also means I'm not tripping over my trousers that are falling down :D Wearing my new glasses too. Went for some Ted Baker ones with butterflies down the side so a little bolder than my usual style. Amazing how much difference a bit of weight loss makes. I'm still huge but compared to where I started I'm feeling smaller.

Thanks Jane, I was beginning to think I was talking to myself on here lately. I do like people popping in to look and say hello :)

How are you doing on your xmas challenge? Your ticker is still moving along so well done you too. Got to be the hardest month coming up for all us slimmers and our xmas targets. Why is there always an outfit that needs slimming into!?

Came home Friday to find the fridge making a lot of noise, kicking out heat and the light had blown but still seems to be working luckily. Came home last night and found the freezer had leaked all over the floor and was really hot and noisy. The freezer problem had a more obvious cause, the door hadn't quite closed properly so the motor had been working over time hence the heat, and had over frozen some bits of the freezer in a bid to keep itself cold. All my skinny cow lollies are spoilt. They've re-frozen but what sort of shape they'll be in I don't know :sigh: Luckily everything else seems to be ok and it's all vegetarian stuff anyway so I'm not that worried. Just a shame I'd stocked it up nicely with lots of new stuff on the weekend! Especially with 2 boxes of mint choc lollies, gutted. Things happen in 3's so I wonder what's next.....

Todays food has been reasonably good. Still have my HEXA left to use which I'll probably have as cheese in an omlette for tea with beans. 8 syns so far and I may try one of the skinny cow mint lollies to see what state they're in later!! Hopefully still worth the 4.5 syns :) So 12.5 syns isn't 'saving' my syns but on the other hand it isn't blowing them either.

We've now decided on next Wednesday for the curry munching with Mum and Dad as a bathroom make-over thank-you. Should start saving the syns.....not done too well on that lately. I'm finding it easier to say 'I'll be as good as possible and start a fresh tomorrow' rather than saving syns in advance. I guess the ability to start the following day again 100% on plan is an achievement in itself and is a change of mind set for me so I shouldn't beat myself up over it. No more 12.5 days though! Might skip the lolly afterall....make it an 8 syn day.

Having cleared out the freezer last night I managed to salvage 2 mint skinny cows and 3 caramel/choc ones. Luckily the new box of mini milk at the back of the freezer was still frozen. So I did end up eating a mint one last night! Sadly had to throw away a lot though which felt really wasteful. Going to have to make sure I eat the quorn stuff in there soon as I'm not sure what defrosted and what didn't so I don't want to leave it too long.

This morning I gave into a moment of weakness......well what kind of silly boyfriend leaves his home made shortbread on the worktop where any fat and weak willed person could spot it and munch it for breakfast!? At that time of the morning I'm not really in SW mode and just grabbed it. It was delicious though and if I'm good all day now it won't be the end of the world.

Unfortunately it was still on the side this morning too.....I told him to move it :mad: So another day of trying to have no other syns to make up for it. Really not doing too well on saving the syns for a curry next week. The scales this morning also said 14st 0.2 so I've also gained 1.4 pounds since the weekend and I'm back in the 14's :cry:Feeling like a right failure now and hoping I can pull myself together and get back on track.

I'm also waiting on news of a friend having tests done at the hospital which aren't looking good. Every time she eats she's in loads of pain and here I am moaning I can't keep away from the food, puts it into perspective really.

Back