A quest for the old happy Em

Yay me, 25 minutes at the gym and a 3 syn tea followed by a mini milk so just a 4.5 syn day and some proper exercise :D

3 100% days down. Isn't it supposed to be a 3 day hump with giving anything up or dieting, then if you can break that it gets easier!? I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

So far so good. Had a nice surprise at lunch with beans on the menu so I'm now sat here feeling very bloated and full of baked beans and potato....might be syn free but I shouldn't have forced it all down for the sake of it like a piggy :eek:

I've had my HEXA and half a HEXB and no syns so far. Still have satsumas left for this afternoon and then hopefully a low syn tea. I'm trying smash with peas and a quorn fillet. Not sure I've ever tried smash so hopefully it tastes ok.

Great news on the scales this morning - 1.5 lbs down!! Lets hope that stays off till Sunday's WI.

Woo hoo, the xmas ticker has moved at last! I've just noticed my overall pounds left to go starts with a 3 now instead of a 4, yay! I have to count every little milstone ;)

Just one pound away from that 2.5 stone sticker now!

Wasn't a bad weekend diet wise, now onto what will hopefully be a good week with some gyming along the way.

Why is it whenever you drop a dress size shops only seem to have stock left of your old size!?....usually in plentiful amounts which was never the case when you were that size. It's like all the other shoppers shrank a bit quicker than you and bought them all first!

I'm off hunting for work trousers again tonight as it's getting desperate. They're falling down and my hips are barely able to keep them up which could lead to some serious office embarrassment! This is all positive I know and I'm glad as I remember buying these trousers I'm wearing just a couple months back and them being too tight and me worrying about splitting the thighs on them. Just seems like all of a sudden they've got too big when they were wearable last week. I think sometimes your body takes a few weeks to catch up with the scales. I had two weeks staying the same and then a loss of 1.5 pounds last week, yet in that time I've shrunk out of my clothes a lot more than 1.5 pounds worth of fat like all the losses before those two STS weeks caught up.

I find myself picking up the 20's and hoping they're a really small fit as there are no 18's left but all the 20's are huge on me. I remember trying on 20's and praying they were a generous fit (as in size 22 generous!). It just puts a massive smile on your face when you think back on things like that and realise just how much you've achieved already. I can now confidently say I'm no longer going to pick up a size 20 in anything as even a small cut is going to be too big - woo hoo! I'm guessing a size 18 is a far more common size though especially in shops where that's their biggest size so I can expect lots more disappointing shopping trips in the future when they're out of stock. I think it's going to take a while to get my head round not looking for the 20 on the rack though ;)

Does anyone else do the trawl through the wardrobe and have a trying on session every time they feel like they've lost a significant bit of weight? I found a pair of combats that fitted last night and lots of stuff I'm nearly into. Another half a stone and I'll have a couple more dresses and tops in the wearable section of the wardrobe! Hope I've not shrunk out of the dress I bought a couple months back for a wedding reception as I was planning on wearing it to my works xmas do too :eek:

Oh yes, I can spend ages trying on clothes, hoping the too-tight section of the wardrobe will feel a little looser... and sometimes I try on the pre-SW trousers just to feel good about my loss so far as it makes it very noticeable!

He he, yes I did that too :D You measure yourself and it's just a few inches but in clothes terms it looks a huge difference. I put on the fat trousers which are almost a size 22 (very large size 20's I managed to get) and there was so much room in them I could have put them on over another pair without undoing them and they'd have still fallen down!

Just popped in to say Hi Emmylou. Well done on your weight loss so far. Good luck with your next weigh in X

Thanks Jane, a STS this week but I have been out for a meal and had an Indian takeaway so that's fair enough.

Since posting last I've had a very successful clothes shopping trip and came back with some nice size 18 trousers and jeans. Feels odd to have trousers that fit and aren't falling down :) I also had a moment of realisation that when I hold my trousers up in front of me they look like trousers now.....and not tents!

I had a yummy Yo Sushi too and although I wasn't too naughty the new xmas menu stuff was too good to resist! Some tofu katsu curry at last instead of chicken which I hope they keep on the menu and some mince pie and white chocolate mochi. They were very sickly but gorgeous. Had to have them as it was a one off chance as they're only around in December. Not really a valid excuse to be bad but it seemed it at the time.

Spent Saturday at the clothes show at the NEC looking at ever so painfully thin models on the catwalk in very little clothing. It can't be right to be able to see a woman's ribs from the front and the back can it!? My friend's friend came too who I haven't seen for 2 years almost and she said I looked well compared to when she last saw me. I think when people say 'you're looking well' they generally mean you're looking fatter but in this case she was referring to me being awake and not looking so exhausted as I was still suffering with the wrong medication for my thyroid last time she saw me. So that was nice to know I'm looking better even if I'm not feeling it!

I'm out for a meal with a friend this week so can't see this week resulting in any weight loss either. I'm going to try and save my syns as best I can and hope for the best. STS is still better than a gain though and I'm still under 14 stone.

Feeling good this week. Monday fully back on track with just 5 syns and today is looking syn free till tea time as well. I seem to have been doing ok during the day at work and then it all goes to pot. It's like I tell myself if I don't write it down then the syns don't count and I didn't eat it!? Why do I do that....

Every week that goes by seems to go very quickly but then I think well if I'd just stayed on track that would have been another pound off you stupid girl. Tonight I'm hoping to get on the new Wii Fit I bought last week. I think my calf muscles have recovered from Sunday nights abuse!! Been thinking about getting one for a while and then when the bad weather came in I thought it'd be good for the days I can't get to the gym and for in between nights. I'm keeping the gym membership as it's nowhere near a proper workout like the gym but it'll be good for toning muscles up that I don't use at the gym (I do mainly cardio stuff).

My ultimate goal on the Wii fit is to pull off the yoga pose that's like a press up with your fore arms on the board. My Dad felt it for days afterwards.....I didn't. But then I only managed 1 second before flopping on the floor saying 'how the hell am I supposed to keep my fat arse lifted up off the floor with my puny girl arms!!?'.....it was shameful to say the least as I was being watched by my Dad, Mum and boyfriend at the time! My Dad really is in amazing shape for a man of 62, he cycles 10 miles 3 times a week not to mention being on the go at work and round the garden all the time. If I was half as fit as him I'd be proud now and I'm half his age.

Well the Wii said I'd put on a pound since Sunday but I'm going to try and ignore it as I'd just eaten my tea before I stepped on it. I did half an hour as I promised myself I would and it said I'd burnt off 113 calories so better than nothing. I think my boyfriend was finding all the cursing coming from the lounge amusing as I tried to get higher an higher scores on things!! Stupid penguin and the big red fish....I'll get them all next time.

Yesterday ended up being a 13 syn day as we had nice bread in so I ended up snacking on that in the evening. Still on plan though so I won't beat myself up over it. Todays meals look like this:

Breakfast: Toast (HEXB + 2 syns for marg)
Mid morning: Alpen bar (1/2 HEXB)
Lunch: Jacket spud and cheese (HEXA) muller light
Afternoon snack: Alpen bar (1/2 HEXB) and satsumas
Dinner: 5 bean chili at Wetherspoons before the cinema (4.5 syns)

So hopefully.....6.5 syns for the day!

Yesterday was my meal out at Chiquitos and I did have a rather delicious but naughty cheesy garlic bread starter, followed by chicken chimichangas but no pudding. I know the garlic bread will be a million syns but I saved my HEXA for the day to try and help towards it. I had 2 alpen bars during the day but not a lot else so calorie wise I don't think the day was that bad. I wish more restaurants had nutritional info on their websites so at least I'd know what I was eating though :confused:

I saved my other HEXB for the chicken but as there were only 3 small bite size pieces in the whole meal I think that more than covered it, the rest of the filling was rice - that place has got really stingy with their portions (no bad thing at the moment I suppose for me). I sometimes think that if you calorie count for the day instead of doing SW you can have a meal out like that and not do your diet any harm (flexible syns in other words).....if you think about it SW is just calorie counting disguised as all your syns only add up to 300 calories a day. Well in terms of syns meals out are crazily high but in terms of calories they may not be too bad if you haven't filled up on calories from 'free' foods like pasta and potatoes all day beforehand. I guess that's why SW flexi syn system works so long as it's not every week!

So I know I'll blame any weight gain on last night's meal ;) but in terms of calories I think yesterday was probably just a STS day instead of a losing weight day. Hopefully it won't affect my weekly WI too much on Sunday.

I have a works meal out next Thursday too which is soup and a roll, veg risotto and bread and butter pud to finish. I'll try and do the same again, try and have 5 syns a day at most all week and then eat just fruit and my alpen bars all day to save calories for the meal. I'll be starving like last night of course by the time I eat but we're eating quite early so it's ok :)

Well Sundays WI went really well, another 1.3 pounds off and now I'm dead on 2.5 stone off so a new sticker for me - yay!!! :D Must have been the 1.5 hours of Wii time Saturday night that did it. My calf muscles didn't thank me Sunday though....or Monday.....but they're ok now. So more Wii tonight I think.

Some naughty person who probably didn't want to scoff them all themselves has brought in a big tin of Quality Street to the office. I've walked past it so many times and haven't even been tempted - result or what!? Partly my lack of desire for chocolate, partly because they're the worst tinned chocolates available and sooo aren't worth 2 syns each or whatever they are and mainly because I don't want to keep cheating on my diet - it's only myself I'm cheating and I'm not even halfway there yet, it's not the time to be giving up.

Thanks prawnchopsuey :) Yes, almost halfway. That was the new xmas goal I set myself so another 1.5 pounds and I'm there. My xmas ticker went a little funny and wouldn't let me change it so I had to delete it as I didn't have time to make another.

I'm hoping I can keep the xmas gain to just a couple pounds like last year but all that food is too tempting. Silly really as it's just another day of the year but some how it takes over the whole of december! No mince pies yet, saving my one and only indulgence of that till xmas day. Mum offered me one on Saturday while I was round there but it was offered with the line 'oh you won't want one will you, not on your diet' whilst wafting it under my nose! Thanks as always Mum. I did say no though so yay me.

We usually get mince pies come round hot from the oven the week before xmas from our office canteen which is ever so tempting. I did have one last year. The nice lady offered me an extra one because the girl on the desk next to me didn't want hers.....like because I was big I'd obviously like seconds! I was strong enough to say no though. This year I can hopefully say no to even having one. I know you should allow yourself the odd treat but sometimes I feel like if I can say no in that split second the temptation has passed and I'm better off for it.

I did it again, a nice syn free day till I got home, 8.5 syns for tea and then I went and ruined it by having a bit of cereal mixed with a muller light :( Oh well, try again tomorrow.

Last night I did do 40 minutes on the Wii though dancing round the lounge playing Just Dance and worked up one hell of a sweat - must have burnt off that bowl of cereal at least so I guess it's not the end of the world. Just would have been better if I'd had an 8.5 syn day with the exercise instead of a 14.5. More Wii tonight I think.

Works do last night and the diet wasn't completely ruined - woo hoo! I had a quorn bacon sandwich for breakfast and then spent the day out of the office on site so didn't eat till the evening meal....plus I was exercising all day too going up and down ladders etc. The meal itself was a small bowl of soup, half a bowl of risotto (I had the willpower to stop when I felt full rather than shovel it down for the sake of it like I normally would so that's progress) and then the tiniest bit of bread an butter pudding. Felt a bit cheated by the small portions but then realised it was for the best even if it had cost £30!

Today I had a pretty good day food wise, kept under the 15 syns but only just so it could have been better. But I did Wii for an hour so that burnt off over 200 calories. My sneaky peek at the scales this morning had me 1.5 pounds down and dead on my xmas target right down to the tenth of a pound.....exactly halfway to target in other words. If that stays till Sundays official WI I'll be over the moon!! :cross:

The snow has finally hit us down here today. Left Bristol with no sign of snow.....got halfway home and hit the worst conditions I've ever driven in in my life. I saw the cars in front sliding about, and the car behind doing the same and burst into tears. Never had such a stressful hour and a half in the car ever. I just didn't know how to drive in that sort of weather as I've never had to, I took it very slow and hoped the traffic would keep moving. My drive is up and down a lot of steep hills and people were going up and down one at a time crawling in first gear just so as to avoid an impossible hill start - if I'd stopped, I'd never have got going again and would have slid out of control. I actually cried the whole way home and felt too sick to eat my tea till I'd calmed down :cry:

We still have to get some food in so not sure what we're going to do tomorrow. Boyfriend says he'll drive but I'd rather we just bought a few bits and walked a couple miles in the cold - that's how scared I am of the snow now as I don't walk anywhere :( It's still snowing here and it's a good few inches deep - nothing like other parts of the country I know but a rare sight for us near the coast!

Nooooo, more snow. It looked like it might start to melt yesterday then it started snowing so hard we now have snow heading rapidly up beyond mid shin height. Luckily I can work from home but it means being close to the kitchen.....oh dear. I defrosted the freezer yesterday so we have no freezer food in at all - great timing eh!? After leaving the freezer door open the other day the over freeze was getting out of control and the door barely shut so it couldn't wait any longer unfortunately. We made it to the shops in the end on Saturday luckily with the boyfriend driving, and I was such a nervous pasenger after Friday's drive home that I just kept telling him to slow down. I'm not usually one to criticise his driving but I couldn't help myself. I've developed a real fear about getting behind the wheel after Friday :(

On a more positive note, drum roll please......I reached my xmas target!!!! If only I still had my xmas ticker to show a big fat 'zero pounds' left to go :D When I set that target I wasn't really expecting to get there, I just thought after getting into the 13's (my original target) I should set myself a new goal for xmas. I'm now 13st 7.7 lbs and the target was 13st 8.5lbs. I'm over halfway, I can't believe it. I hopped on the scales Saturday and didn't believe them, then on my official WI Sunday it said the same so I don't even think it's a pleasant blip, it might actually be real. Hurrah for me, the Wii sessions must have really helped push my weight loss along as I've not had a loss like that in ages.

My thinking behind buying the Wii was for days I couldn't get to the gym - then all the snow came. Perfect timing. Bit of a shame that the gym got refurbished last week (much needed and overdue), and now I can't get to see it and use it! But at least I can still get some exercise.

My aim for this week if I'm stuck at home working is to glue myself to the sofa and my laptop and avoid the kitchen cupboards! Logically it should be easier to stick to plan given more variety and a kitchen to use but it never seems to work out that way. Then come xmas day and boxing day eat and enjoy my meals but avoid the chocolates and any unecesary nibbles. I did it last year and remember the feeling of achievement at not gaining too much (and I lost it the following week too) so I can do it again :)

Well Monday at home went well, barely ate a thing. Tuesday not so good, nibbled all day long, had all my healthy extras and 20 syns :cry:

Back in the office today which is good for the diet, only had an alpen bar for breakfast and a muller light for lunch. Have another alpen bar and 2 satsumas for this afternoon and then it's off to the parents for a meal while my brother's home for a couple days. She's made it SW friendly though, boiled potatoes, veg and a quorn fillet. Just as well after yesterday! I know it looks like I've starved myself today but I have a really sore throat and it hurts to swallow so not really feeling hungry. I'm hoping it goes by the weekend and doesn't spoil my xmas lunch or I'll be really upset.

The freezer now has an assortment of frozen fruit in it which I haven't tried before but people on here seem to recommend as a purse friendly way of getting fruit, as well as a load of quorn things. Doesn't a freshly defrosted freezer look great, so clean and new looking! And the flap for the top shelf opens and closes fully rather than opening 45degrees and scraping on the ice making a grinding noise like it has done for over a year.....so lazy I know. Only defrosted it twice in 5 years. Should be sorted if we get snowed in now :) I didn't like not having anything in the freezer.

Didn't Wii last night as I was too tired so have to make the effort to do some Thursday and Friday ready for over indulging Saturday.

The usual canteen trolley of festive warm mince pies did the rounds today - good day to come back to work I hear you say - but I said no thanks. Yay me and my will power (well that and the sore throat!).

Back