A question

peachy7

Silver Member
Has anyone ever heard of people being allowed extra syns due to their size???

(Starlight I posted in here cos although its sort of about syns its not really if that makes sense as its not values I'm asking- hope thats ok and sorry if i've been a pain and you have to move it!!)

A friend of a friends consultant has told her she can have 20 syns a day as she weighs alot (im not sure what she weighs)
I have never heard anything like this and just wondered whether anyone else had

Apparently it is done at the discretion of the individual consultant. I have heard of someone being given 20 syns a day by their consultant but others in a different group who had the same amount to lose not being given more.

I did Slimming World about 14 years ago and it was the norm to have 20 syns per day, everyone had them. When I joined back again a couple of years ago I was surprised to learn it was a max of 15.

I did SW a few years ago and the limit was 10 syns per day, i don't think upping the syns too much is such a great idea as it's basically licence to have more of whats made us the size we are, however maybe she is having trouble counting the syns and by suggesting a higher limit is encouraging her to be a bit more realistic on what she is having without the guilt, falling off the wagon cycle!

There is one place it's mentioned in the online information, but no details are given. I emailed asking for an explanation but SW never responded.

I did SW a few years ago and the limit was 10 syns per day, i don't think upping the syns too much is such a great idea as it's basically licence to have more of whats made us the size we are, however maybe she is having trouble counting the syns and by suggesting a higher limit is encouraging her to be a bit more realistic on what she is having without the guilt, falling off the wagon cycle!

No she has just started so it wasn't for this reason...

The main reason I asked was that she's asked my friend and myself to help her out and I've never ever heard of this despite having a few very big people (no disrespect meant by this) in my old group.
Obviously we want to help her as much as we can...

Last edited:
I joined SW last week and explained to my C that i was due to go out with friends on Tuesday eve for dinner and was dreading it as it is an all you can eat indian - she said I could have 50 sins :eek:

Does this usually happen if you have somewhere "special" to attend?

I joined SW last week and explained to my C that i was due to go out with friends on Tuesday eve for dinner and was dreading it as it is an all you can eat indian - she said I could have 50 sins :eek:

Does this usually happen if you have somewhere "special" to attend?

This is whats known as flexisynning - there is a big post on here i believe a sticky which is full of info about it. have a read it will help you understand it.

The reason that you wouldn't really hear about it in group is because it would be breaking the confidentiality that is promised. I can't remember the weight exactly that you can have more syns at but say it's 20 stones, if I said in group to someone "So you get to have 20 syns a day" then that is telling the rest of the group that she weighs over 20 stone.

Hope that makes some sense!

x

The reason that you wouldn't really hear about it in group is because it would be breaking the confidentiality that is promised. I can't remember the weight exactly that you can have more syns at but say it's 20 stones, if I said in group to someone "So you get to have 20 syns a day" then that is telling the rest of the group that she weighs over 20 stone.

Hope that makes some sense!

x

Yep but I've been at group with people bigger than that (that were friends) and they were never told it...

I have heard of larger people being given more syns than others. If the Consultant has given your friend more syns then you should encourge her to use them. When her weight drops, so will the syns.

I just wanted to make sure that this was the case as I don't know anyone who had been told this before

Never heard it for ladies, but I have heard mention that men generally get more syns!! And this was from a consultant too.

hmm peculiar! maybe we should just tell her to see how she goes with it and if its hindering her losses then to drop them

Back