A quick Slim.Fast question...

PinkToaster

Silver Member
The 600 calorie evening meal. Does this have to be wha they recommend, or can it be anything as long as it is 600 calories? I know junk doesn't count, I'm not going to eat 600 cals worth of chocolate and claim it's my evening meal. But can it be anything, like ready meals or whatever?

Also, has anyone had success only swapping one meal for a shake? I'm thinking of doing this to begin with, since I'm sick of taking packed lunches to college...

hi, i'm fairly new to slimfast 3 weeks but when i looked at their website panicked into thinking i don't like much of what their menu suggests until i got my head around it and realised you could pretty much eat what you like within that 600 calories but ideally should try and be healthy, no point pigging out on maccy d's!

i usually have a ready meal with salad to make up 600 and then followed by a chocolate bar under 100 cals for pud but if you're up for look for any low cal meals and cook it yourself.

hope this helps x

Also, has anyone had success only swapping one meal for a shake? I'm thinking of doing this to begin with, since I'm sick of taking packed lunches to college...

Hi Pink,

I only swap my lunch at the moment. I'm not exactly on SlimFast... my shake/smoothie is called RightSize, but I have lost 3 lbs so far. I weigh myself again tomorrow.. hopefully I will be reporting more weight loss.

And I am also happy to say that I'm saving alot of money just by swapping my lunch.. I used to basically go out and get lunch every day.... so :D

I do plan on swapping breakfast at some point. But I wanted to ease myself into this diet. I've gone gun-ho on a diet before, and after a month, I fizzle out because of boredom and restriction.

LR

Hi pinktoaster I think it is fine to eat what you want as long as it is within the 600 calories. I would try and make sure that it is low fat though and add loads of veggies or salad to bulk it up and make it seem like you are eating more!

Good luck!

when i did slimfast i ate a ww meal every night as they are 300 cals or so or tesco light choices the are 300 or so too,then i had bread and an low cal yog as well,i liked that it was portion controlled so you dont have the option of cooking too much.

tuna pasta is nice and filling, a jacket potato, home made spag bol, tesco light choices ready meal... a happy meal from Mccy D's is even in the limit!!
I pile my plate with veg to fill me up

Back