A set back and feel like giving in!

airy.fairy

we have had a few issues with scales - we got weighed on one pairthat wouldnt work properly and I was 103kg, then bought a Wii fit and a new pair of scale (albeit basic ones!) a week later.

Wii weighed me at 16 stone but the other scales weighed me at less - we thought maybe the wii was broken and I stuck to the new basic scales. However, DH is only weighing himself on the wii and I persuaded him to get on the other scales and they weigh about 1/2 stone lighter ! so this weej I weighed in at 14st 8lb, but then dh got on the wii and he (and I) were 1/2 a stone heavier. He then went to the gym and weighed himself and these weighed the same as the wii :( so my weighloss overall is less than I thought - I can tell the difference - I am wearing clothes i havent worn in over a year but still haven't gonw down a dress size (admittedly I was squeezing into my old clothes :S) losing 1/2 a stone less than i thought makes me want chocolate! It made such a difference when I went into the 14 stones (iykwim)...

Clare

Is it the number on the scale or the way you feel since losing weight that makes you feel great! For me the weigh in is just to show that I'm losing I don't really look at how much I weigh just how I feel and how my clothes fit. I just check the scales to make sure the weight is going down and not up. Don't let a number upset you if you feel great thats all that matters.

not everything shows on the scales.. doing exercise makes your body gain mussel weight which therefore might prevent your actual weight loss from showing. you will feel it in your clothes. although the number on the scales isn't changing so quickly you are probably still loosen the inches :)

Back