A TOTM question, if easily embarrassed, look away now

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Hi girls,

Need some advice, i have very regular periods but the last couple of days have been 'spotting' i finished my TOTM a week ago and this is unheard of for me, been SS for 7 weeks with an AAM week on week 4. Otherwise i have been feeling great!!!
Anyone else had period problems on VLCD??

Any advice gratefully recieved,

Sarah x

People regularly experience breakthrough bleeding on CD - if it gets heavy or goes on for a long time - more than say a week, then go and see your GP just to check all is ok.
It is normal - I have ladies who have the coil who have not had periods in 3 years and they have a breakthrough.
It does settle down :)

You are an angel!! Thank you so much for that spooky, it has really put my mind at rest....

Sarah x

Yeah I am having issues with TOTM on CD too. Mine last ages then come back 2 weeks after they finish. So I am 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Wow Anisah and soontobelittlegem, that is depressing, not sure if i could handle that :(

Is the answer to add a meal or take the caloiros higher, will be gutted as I'm doing really well at the mo... ho hum :(

Thanks for your input, it's good to know we're not alone.

Sarah xx

Sarah it might not happen to you hun! Mine were really screwy anyway so it's not that different for me! Hoping that when I get slim they will even out a bit! x

Just found this on a web site....

Does the ‘Sole Source’ programme affect the menstrual cycle?

Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight – particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

Not sure how I feel about the above, but at least it won't be permanent..

Sarah xx

i only finished mine 2 weeks ago and they appear to be coming again! doh! thank heavens it doesn't affect my losses like some people's do! x

That's good francesmag, but not so good for you soontobelittlegem :(

I've never had any period problems even at my heaviest so it all feels a bit alien to me, feel better chatting about it tho.

Thanks girls xxxx

your welcome :)

i found that as i got past about 18st mine went mental. also i went on the pill for a couple of months and that stopped them. it then took months for me to have one. then they went crazy!!! gah!!! men are so lucky!!! x

How true! Men have no idea lol

well at least i know what's going on... roll on menopause... lmao ;)

Oh no, that would be a nightmare for me, apart from the fact my OH has had the snip lol

Back